What up Texas?

DevilDog

45 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

No, it's just honest. I provided the most recent information that I could find even if it didn't support my thesis in the moment.

Thank you SO much for your thoughtful reply! Your input is fantastic and SO appreciated! :)

45 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You just don't like honesty.

If someone is hyping a kid who can't play then I'm just going to say it. That's not crossing any line.

Thank you SO much for your thoughtful reply! Your input is fantastic and SO appreciated! :)

44 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

This board thinks that telling the truth that you can't refute is "hating" on something.

What has evolved is my ability to understand this and realize that my point was well made.

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

SOC is my new favorite Texas school. Sorry Carroll. Coach has pimp C as his profile picture and just posted this gem on the team account 🤣

3B2AEFFD-C373-4073-8480-14E9D9963C87.jpeg

Exciting time for this program. Tough non-district schedule and that one against Parish Episcopal is intriguing. District is meh at best and will be interesting to see how their playoff run goes. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

I’m excited for this season.

Any others to watch for in the mix?

Out of 5AD2 Lovejoy returns 17 starters and summit went from 5AD1 to D2.  Many consider both in the mix.  Summit has played the top 5A teams the past 2 years close, they just need consistency (also took state champ OK jenks to OT last season) 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Out of 5AD2 Lovejoy returns 17 starters and summit went from 5AD1 to D2.  Many consider both in the mix.  Summit has played the top 5A teams the past 2 years close, they just need consistency (also took state champ jenks to OT last season) 

I’m hoping to see newer teams in championship like Paetow and S.O.C. were last year.

Who knows, maybe we can see Summit v. SOC meet up this year.

Aledo v. Ryan

8 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

I’m excited for this season.

Any others to watch for in the mix?

Lucas Lovejoy, Mansfield Summit, Fort Bend Marshall, Argyle (unlikely but they are getting a bit of hype despite the move up to 5A-DII), Liberty Hill.

Maybe Wichita Falls Rider?

Lovejoy the most experienced out of the bunch with 17 returning starters and could go far...As long as they avoid SOC.

Summit just doesn't know any better and will play teams to the brink (Ryan and Jenks, OK for example) before finding a way to lose.

• Thanks 1

I really wonder if any of these Fort Bend schools can win anything. They'll always have freakish athletes on incomplete teams whose weaknesses will get exploited come playoff time. See last years Barbers Hill game.

Part of the problem is there's a gazillion schools in FB County. Maybe if the talent was spread less thin things would be different.

• Like 2

Just now, Champa said:

I really wonder if any of these Fort Bend schools can win anything. They'll always have freakish athletes on incomplete teams whose weaknesses will get exploited come playoff time. See last years Barbers Hill game.

Part of the problem is there's a gazillion schools in FB County. Maybe if the talent was spread less thin things would be different.

The Frisco Effect.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I remember not too long ago when Frisco had maybe 2-3 HS, now I think they have 11 or 12!  The growth has been ridiculous 

Which Frisco School has been hurt the most due to the expansions???

I would say Lone Star but they are one of the newer ones iirc.

Hard to say when you don't know the district sections.  Frisco should go Open-Enrollment for dramatic effect.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I remember not too long ago when Frisco had maybe 2-3 HS, now I think they have 11 or 12!  The growth has been ridiculous 

Interesting the way they decided to be the opposite of Allen/Plano and keep schools relatively smaller.  Seems to work for them.

I remember when they had one school lol.  Only reason I'd ever heard of it was their mascot.

• Like 1