What up Texas?

DevilDog

Jalen Hall picked Alabama yday over Texas (and others).  This may have an impact on the recruitment of MHP.

TEMPLE, Texas — Mikal Harrison-Pilot is a month into his senior season and the countdown is on until December when the On3 Consensus’ No. 7 athlete will make his college pact.

Harrison-Pilot was in Austin for the Alabama game and the Longhorns have already gotten the four-star playmaker from Temple (Texas) on-campus for a June official visit. He’s tentatively scheduled to be in TCU for the Oklahoma tilt this weekend for an official visit. Houston is also likely to get Harrison-Pilot back before a decision is made, and he’s starting to lean in one direction.

“I think I’m moving closer,” Harrison-Pilot told On3. “I’ve seen what I need to see. I have three official visits, Houston and TCU still and I know what they have planned for me and we’ll see what feels the best for me.”

Sarkisian, Texas offense pass the test

Steve Sarkisian’s offensive blueprint has been a major selling point for Harrison-Pilot as he examines his fit in each respective offense.

“When I went to Texas for the ‘Bama game, they really impressed me. They really shocked me,” Harrison-Pilot said. “If Quinn Ewers didn’t get hurt, I think they would’ve won the game. They have a bunch of playmakers, Xavier Worthy, Bijan (Robinson), Quinn Ewers looking back, looking calm, cool and collective doing what he does best throwing the ball.”

This time, Sarkisian and wide receivers coach Brennan Marion spent time pointing out how Harrison-Pilot could carve out a role in this scheme.

“I already know what they got. I know what they got planned for me, their plan for the future,” he continued. “Sark doing a great job recruiting right now and that might be my future home as well.”

Kelly, TCU remain in the mix

TCU receivers coach Malcolm Kelly, who signed potential first- or second-round pick Quentin Johnston from Temple (Texas) three years ago, was back in town to see Harrison-Pilot against Arlington Martin on Sept. 26.

Kelly and the Horned Frogs have remained persistent with Harrison-Pilot, especially since visiting in July.

“He’s literally like my big bro,” Harrison-Pilot said of Kelly. “If I had a big bro, it would be him. He’s turning up on me and I hit him up, see how I’m feeling. We chop it up and we’re really cool and we’re really cool.”

“When I went to their recruiting event, it was all the commits and it was fun. They made me feel like I was a commit,” he added. “They were bringing me in like family, meeting the guys and Cordale (Russell) and I are close. That could me my future teammate and might be my future home.”

Harrison-Pilot is the nation’s No. 172 overall player according to the On3 Consensus, a complete and equally weighted industry-generated average that utilizes all four major recruiting media companies.

46 minutes ago, Champa said:

Looks like Katy Morton Ranch and Katy Cino Ranch are doing their Rockwall vs Rockwall impersonation tonight.

Should we be taking Byron Nelson seriously, or are they just destined for another SLC ass kicking when the time comes?

After watching BN, it’s a different team from last year, they may be able to exploit where I think SLC is vulnerable, the secondary. Should be a good game.  I’d be shocked if it’s a blowout either way

Dont forget BN turned a corner in the playoffs last year, took Guyer to the wire in round 3

4 minutes ago, Champa said:

77 - 63 was the final Morton Ranch/Cino Ranch score. MR wins.

Just go ahead and toss West Brook in the same grave with Cedar Hill, losing 69 - 0 to Summer Creek. Embarrassing. SC ain't that damn good.

Dang!

in that Katy district, the newbies (Jordan, paetow) are holding up pretty good. Paetow has a MR won already under their belt 

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

After watching BN, it’s a different team from last year, they may be able to exploit where I think SLC is vulnerable, the secondary. Should be a good game.  I’d be shocked if it’s a blowout either way

Dont forget BN turned a corner in the playoffs last year, took Guyer to the wire in round 3

Trophy Club Byron Nelson has been a thorn in Guyer's side for awhile.  They have beaten a few of Walsh's teams over the years.

But...no.  They won't be a threat to SLC as long as the Dragons keep it balanced.

4 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Trophy Club Byron Nelson has been a thorn in Guyer's side for awhile.  They have beaten a few of Walsh's teams over the years.

But...no.  They won't be a threat to SLC as long as the Dragons keep it balanced.

SLC by less than 14. (38-28 type of game)  They’re big but slow with a suspect secondary. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Champa said:

SLC being challenged tonight 🤔 We'll see if it last.

Gilmer up 7 - 0 on Pleasant Groove.

Summer Creek should not be hanging with North Shore. NS up 21 - 13 at the half. Atascocita gotta be licking their chops.

NS defense is not playing well, lots of missed tackles, penalties, etc.  definitely an off night … so far 

12 minutes ago, Champa said:

SLC being challenged tonight 🤔 We'll see if it last.

Gilmer up 7 - 0 on Pleasant Groove.

Summer Creek should not be hanging with North Shore. NS up 21 - 13 at the half. Atascocita gotta be licking their chops.

….and Waxahachie probably shouldn’t be leading Duncanville 7-0,

but here we are 😌

Interesting night so far

15 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Duncanville's weakest team the last 5 years for sure

It definitely looks like it, 
If Duncanville continues to struggle like this and DeSoto still doesn’t overcome that, I’d be surprised.

We have some really nice matchups with DVille vs. DeSoto and North Shore vs. Atascocita coming up. 

and I just heard last night during the Katy/ Paetow game that Katy has a good chance at going Division 1 this year.

22 minutes ago, Champa said:

These QBs have got to stop taking these hits.

SLC QB out now, although he's probably gonna be okay.

SLC - 38

Keller - 28

Keller needs to do something now.

Ryan 16 Burleson 23 final.

Ryan's 1st District loss over a decade I think.  Only shot now is for them to beat Aledo and for Aledo to beat Burleson to force a 3-way tie.

I don't even know how the Tiebreakers would work.