What up Texas?

DevilDog

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

All get beaten by 14+ points. SLC and Katy are their true competition. I think playing Westlake/NS and Duncanville in the final is much tougher. All 3 of those teams would easily dispatch the aforementioned teams

Of course they would they’re the best teams in Texas.  But collectively:  HP, Desoto, BN are better than Rockwall, horn and woodlands 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I said they have the hardest path. They should navigate it well if they stay healthy, just like NS, DV and WL will inspite of their significant injuries   

After looking at it,  I think NS actually does

They'll face a top 10 team and two top 5 teams.  Much tougher than playing teams outside the top 10 that have no legit chance at beating you

9 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

After looking at it,  I think NS actually does

They'll face a top 10 team and two top 5 teams.  Much tougher than playing teams outside the top 10 that have no legit chance at beating you

Guyer plays 2 top 5 (both are ranked higher than Guyer),   1 top 15 and 2 others in the top 20.  Top to bottom it’s the deepest, objectively supported by dctf rankings.  

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Guyer plays 2 top 5 (both are ranked higher than Guyer),   1 top 15 and 2 others in the top 20.  Top to bottom it’s the deepest, objectively supported by dctf rankings.  

In that same ranking, NS would play

Guyer would play

The 16th ranked team does nothing for me.  Just a speed bump.  

Duncanville

1/2

Degree of difficulty is pretty much the same

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Calpreps has Guyer playing: 

#123 (HP)

#72(BN)

#45(SLC)

#57(Desoto)

#24(Katy)

If you can't beat DeSoto easily you're not worthy of a championship in Texas.  The teams below them,  are speed bumps for a championship team

We seen what Duncanville just did to Desoto

The last couple of years Duncanville has destroyed Westfield.  That's what Desoto, HP and Nelson are.  Not real threats,  just solid teams

Looking at the brackets I would say Duncanville will be in the final. The only team that can match up with them in their region is Westfield and they always fall apart in the playoffs. R1 D1 is pretty weak with Allen, Martin and Prosper being the best teams in that region. None of those teams can compete with Duncanville.

2 hours ago, Grainraiser said:

Looking at the brackets I would say Duncanville will be in the final. The only team that can match up with them in their region is Westfield and they always fall apart in the playoffs. R1 D1 is pretty weak with Allen, Martin and Prosper being the best teams in that region. None of those teams can compete with Duncanville.

R1D1 I think it will be a prosper/Martin regional final.  At that level a pretty good game. 

8 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

It's almost that time of year again.

Can't wait for some Texan to tell me that Melissa or Karen or whatever school named after a chick is "legit" or "salty" or whatever.

It's that time of the year where all our Texas Nuts get stuck on your chin due to your failures to Keep TX Football out of your Mauf.  Now you got the one post from Texas that you desperately crave.  Absolutely no one gives a damn about your opinion on Texas Football.  And which personality is this?  I don't remember 1 Texan starting a thread with hey 5 personality numbnutz what do you think about (insert Team).  You are just damn weird 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Horsefly said:

R1D1 I think it will be a prosper/Martin regional final.  At that level a pretty good game. 

I will take Prosper in that game. Like Westfield, Martin will always find a way to lose in the playoffs because they can't develop a quarterback. I bet you they don't make it past round two because they will likely lose to Allen or Lewsiville.

• Like 1

The hits just keep rolling along.   Hookem.  MobileHoma imploding just like the Laggies. 

Elite Austin Westlake EDGE Colton Vasek flips commitment from Oklahoma to Texas

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Colton-Vasek-commits-Texas-Longhorns-Football-Recruiting-2023-Austin-Westlake-195702702/

Earlier today Texas made one of the moves of the cycle in flipping Austin Westlake four-star 2023 EDGE Colton Vasek from their arch-rival Oklahoma Sooners. Vasek originally committed to the Sooners in early August over finalists Oregon and Texas, but the Longhorns didn't give up on the legacy defender.

In a statement to 247Sports contributor Jordan Scruggs, Vasek said the following about his decision to commit to the Longhorns.

"The staff, winning culture, and tradition of Texas were the reasons for the commitment. Everything about Texas stands out to me."

Vasek is the third flip of the 2023 cycle for the Longhorns after flipping Trevor Goosby from TCU and Billy Walton from Oklahoma State.

With Vasek in the boat the 6-foot-6, 225-pounder will become the third Austin Westlake alum to sign with Texas following Ethan Burke and Connor Robertson from the 2022 cycle.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DevilDog said:

It's that time of the year where all our Texas Nuts get stuck on your chin due to your failures to Keep TX Football out of your Mauf.  Now you got the one post from Texas that you desperately crave.  Absolutely no one gives a damn about your opinion on Texas Football.  And which personality is this?  I don't remember 1 Texan starting a thread with hey 5 personality numbnutz what do you think about (insert Team).  You are just damn weird 😁

Texas has been so thoroughly exposed recently that these unhinged rants of yours seem justitifed.

You're truly starting to realize how unremarkable the teams are in that state.

45 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Texas has been so thoroughly exposed recently that these unhinged rants of yours seem justitifed.

You're truly starting to realize how unremarkable the teams are in that state.

Thank you SO much for your thoughtful reply! Your input is fantastic and SO appreciated!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, DevilDog said:

😂 dude (all of 5 of him)  has a few screws loose for sure. 

• Haha 2

Just posted this on the Texas site.  Will be interested to see how this year goes.

This spun off another topic and history tells us that the winners beat up on the losers in the state playoffs. For EVEr we have talked about he gauntlet of the state playoffs, but that does not appear to be the case. The games are almost always and on average blowouts. The first round is kind of expected, but look at the numbers of the later rounds over the past six years. These numbers are for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds of the playoffs. I'll update these numbers this season and take a look at the firs two rounds for fun.

2021:
Regional Final - avg score 43-18 (25 point margin of victory) 5 games, two TDs or less (16 game sample)
Quarters - avg score 44-19 (25 point margin of victory) 2 games, two TDs or less (8 game sample)
Semis - avg score 47-15 (32 point margin of victory) one games, ZERO TDs or less (4 game sample)

2020:
Regional Final - avg score 42-22 (19 point margin of victory) 7 games, two TDs or less (16 game sample)
Quarters - avg score 44-19 (25 point margin of victory) 2 games, two TDs or less (8 game sample)
Semis - avg score 37-18 (19 point margin of victory) one game, two TDs or less (4 game sample)

2019:
Regional Final - avg score 43-23 (20 point margin of victory) 5 games, two TDs or less (16 game sample)
Quarters - avg score 52-29 (23 point margin of victory) 3 games, two TDs or less (8 game sample)
Semis - avg score 51-18 (33 point margin of victory) 1 game, two TDs or less (4 game sample)

2018:
Regional Final - avg score 42-23 (19 point margin of victory) 9 games, two TDs or less (16 game sample)
Quarters - avg score 37-13 (24 point margin of victory) 2 games, two TDs or less (8 game sample)
Semis - avg score 44-29 (15 point margin of victory) 3 games, two TDs or less (4 game sample)

2017:
Regional Final - avg score 42-21 (21 point margin of victory) 6 games, two TDs or less (16 game sample)
Quarters - avg score 34-16 (18 point margin of victory) 3 games, two TDs or less (8 game sample)
Semis - avg score 25 13(12 point margin of victory) 3 games, two TDs or less (4 game sample)

2016:
Regional Final - avg score 44-19 (25 point margin of victory) 6 games, two TDs or less (16 game sample)
Quarters - avg score 39-19 (20 point margin of victory) 3 games, two TDs or less (8 game sample)
Semis - avg score 44-24(21 point margin of victory) 2 games, two TDs or less (4 game sample)

5 minutes ago, pied said:

Just posted this on the Texas site.  Will be interested to see how this year goes.

This spun off another topic and history tells us that the winners beat up on the losers in the state playoffs. For EVEr we have talked about he gauntlet of the state playoffs, but that does not appear to be the case. The games are almost always and on average blowouts. The first round is kind of expected, but look at the numbers of the later rounds over the past six years. These numbers are for the 3rd, 4th, and 5th rounds of the playoffs. I'll update these numbers this season and take a look at the firs two rounds for fun.

2021:
Regional Final - avg score 43-18 (25 point margin of victory) 5 games, two TDs or less (16 game sample)
Quarters - avg score 44-19 (25 point margin of victory) 2 games, two TDs or less (8 game sample)
Semis - avg score 47-15 (32 point margin of victory) one games, ZERO TDs or less (4 game sample)

2020:
Regional Final - avg score 42-22 (19 point margin of victory) 7 games, two TDs or less (16 game sample)
Quarters - avg score 44-19 (25 point margin of victory) 2 games, two TDs or less (8 game sample)
Semis - avg score 37-18 (19 point margin of victory) one game, two TDs or less (4 game sample)

2019:
Regional Final - avg score 43-23 (20 point margin of victory) 5 games, two TDs or less (16 game sample)
Quarters - avg score 52-29 (23 point margin of victory) 3 games, two TDs or less (8 game sample)
Semis - avg score 51-18 (33 point margin of victory) 1 game, two TDs or less (4 game sample)

2018:
Regional Final - avg score 42-23 (19 point margin of victory) 9 games, two TDs or less (16 game sample)
Quarters - avg score 37-13 (24 point margin of victory) 2 games, two TDs or less (8 game sample)
Semis - avg score 44-29 (15 point margin of victory) 3 games, two TDs or less (4 game sample)

2017:
Regional Final - avg score 42-21 (21 point margin of victory) 6 games, two TDs or less (16 game sample)
Quarters - avg score 34-16 (18 point margin of victory) 3 games, two TDs or less (8 game sample)
Semis - avg score 25 13(12 point margin of victory) 3 games, two TDs or less (4 game sample)

2016:
Regional Final - avg score 44-19 (25 point margin of victory) 6 games, two TDs or less (16 game sample)
Quarters - avg score 39-19 (20 point margin of victory) 3 games, two TDs or less (8 game sample)
Semis - avg score 44-24(21 point margin of victory) 2 games, two TDs or less (4 game sample)

Is this just 6A? If so,  the mov diff b/w regional and semifinal games shows the gap between regions.