What up Texas?

DevilDog

Just now, pied said:

Yes, just 6A both D1 and D2 combined.  Not sure I'm following your point on the differences.  Can you expand on that?

The playoffs are structured that the games SHOULD be more competitive the farther one goes in the playoffs. I would expect that the semifinals mov would be less than the regional finals 

but that wasn’t the case in ‘21 and ‘19. In those years some regions were much weaker than others. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The playoffs are structured that the games SHOULD be more competitive the farther one goes in the playoffs. I would expect that the semifinals mov would be less than the regional finals 

but that wasn’t the case in ‘21 and ‘19. In those years some regions were much weaker than others. 

Got it.  One of the reasons I included the number of games for each level.  With only four games, the numbers can get skewed, but the numbers are also almost all over 2 TDs, with only one year being under 14 points (32, 19, 33, 15, 12, and 21).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pied said:

Got it.  One of the reasons I included the number of games for each level.  With only four games, the numbers can get skewed, but the numbers are also almost all over 2 TDs, with only one year being under 14 points (32, 19, 33, 15, 12, and 21).

If you have time or if you have the research done,  could you show the average MOV for teams in the states top 5 or 6 vs teams outside the top 12 in the playoffs(Going by DCTF)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

If you have time or if you have the research done,  could you show the average MOV for teams in the states top 5 or 6 vs teams outside the top 12 in the playoffs(Going by DCTF)

I don't have that and that sounds like  a LOT of work lol.  I'm not sure how much different it would be.  

For the last three seasons, those three rounds (3rd, 4th, and 5th) averaged a three point mov in almost all nine of the data sets.  2017 is the outlier and that still produced a 21 point mov in the 3rd round, 18 point in the 4th and 12 in the semi final round).

What I'd be interested in is how that compares to other states.  

3 minutes ago, pied said:

I don't have that and that sounds like  a LOT of work lol.  I'm not sure how much different it would be.  

For the last three seasons, those three rounds (3rd, 4th, and 5th) averaged a three point mov in almost all nine of the data sets.  2017 is the outlier and that still produced a 21 point mov in the 3rd round, 18 point in the 4th and 12 in the semi final round).

What I'd be interested in is how that compares to other states.  

With a field of 128 teams in 6A, and without seeding teams(1-64), you're gonna get a lot of blowouts regardless of how deep you get into the playoffs.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Why? 😄

I mean overall Texas is the #1 state for high school football and everybody knows that.

Seems to me to be much silly to compare this kind of stuff. None of it matters whatsoever.

I think this data is surprising and interesting.  Logic tells me the farther you go into the playoffs, the tougher the games are and closer the scores.  The data does not support that.  Does it in FL or CA or GA or OH or LA?  I think some of those would be hard to compare because in Texas I think you have a good sample size, a couple of the others stratify their teams that there are not as many participants or games to really get a good measure.

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

Hope he wins it.

He had 3 or 4 great runs against Alabama and couple of key blocks especially the one in OT that freed Daniels up for the touchdown run. It was a devastating block.

Josh Williams prepped at the Kinkaid School in Houston.

SPC in the HOUSE!

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

I think one of our unremarkable, thoroughly exposed teams beat Louisiana #5 ranked St. Augustine 35-10?

I don’t quite recall as I don’t follow Louisiana yet.

Edna Karr put a running clock on St Aug in the 3rd quarter (up 42 points) and looked a hell of lot more impressive than DeSoto ever thought about looking.

Edna Karr could have scored 80, but I understand.

You have to take your little high school jab. It's what this forum was built for, I guess.

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Augustine might end up being a select finalist in Louisiana.  WAP is to scared to answer where they'll lose in select 1

Who cares?

St Aug is on the weak side of the bracket and also got a bye..... after Edna Karr had to forfeit 3 games because of the clerical error.

Catholic (Baton Rouge) and Edna Karr will probably meet in the quarterfinals. That's the  D1 Select state championship game.

Get RedZone, LSU and St Aug out of your tiny head and worry more about USC and lost al, ca..... who was running clocked on ESPN by the Florida team.

21 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Edna Karr put a running clock on St Aug in the 3rd quarter (up 42 points) and looked a hell of lot more impressive than DeSoto ever thought about looking.

You have to take your little high school jab. It's what this forum was built for, I guess.

Even slow motion veer running John Curtis beat St Aug...... John Curtis committed five turnovers too.

What's wrong with you people?

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Augustine might end up being a select finalist in Louisiana.  WAP is to scared to answer where they'll lose in select 1

steeler: Where will St. Augustine end up in select 1?

RedZone: The consensus best team in Louisiana put a running clock on them! And was way better against them than the, like, 11th best team in Texas!

21 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

RedZone: The consensus best team in Louisiana put a running clock on them! And was way better against them than the, like, 11th best team in Texas!

Facts bother you. I explained it all.....twice!

And I doubt very seriously St Aug makes the D1 select state championship game and so what if they do? They're one of the most talented teams in the nation. 

37 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

That wasn't my reply to steeler01 anyways, you moron.

But then that's how you play the game

You just insert stuff everywhere to fit whatever agenda you're peddling at the time.

Spend more quality time on actual football.

44 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

14 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

😄

13 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

"I seriously doubt it but if they do? So what?! (insert ridiculous, insecure, self-esteem reinforcing take)!"

Thank you SO much for your thoughtful reply! Your input is fantastic and SO appreciated!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

Denton Guyer put a running clock on Allen in the 3rd quarter (up 35 points) and looked a h%*🦆 of lot more impressive than Thing 2 ever thought about looking.

Denton Guyer could have scored 80, but I understand.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Denton Guyer put a running clock on Allen in the 3rd quarter (up 35 points) and looked a h%*🦆 of lot more impressive than Thing 2 ever thought about looking.

Denton Guyer could have scored 80, but I understand.

Good for Guyer and you, I guess.

I really don't care!

• Thanks 1