What up Texas?

DevilDog

4 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

You haven’t seen North Shore | Duncanville this year ?

North Shore 16 - Atascocita 13

North Shore 43 - Dickinson 34

North Shore 34 - Summer Creek 27

Duncanville 23 - South Oak Cliff 10

Duncanville 24 - Waxahachie 7

Duncanville 28 - Westfield 21

They have been in a ton of close games.

But none of those games did you think maybe outside Westfield they were gonna lose. Your right though maybe not that big of a gap. Now NS yeah I thought they could had dropped a couple.

9 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Gotta get ready.  I have family coming over tonight. I'll still watch the games though🙂

My daughter has had one long ass day.  She’s about 1 hr 45 min from FLL.  Started from Düsseldorf.  I’ll try to catch 2nd half of TX game when she’s asleep after we have a dinner out.  

I went 5-0 today and am at +100 pts, but I wasn’t  sure about the under in Desoto game so I added Columbus to score +26 in the game vs Apopka.  😂 

If that falls thru, I’ll be at 99 and I’ll make one pick on the final game.  Hopefully I’ll see some scoring in the next 30 min. :) 

11 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

But none of those games did you think maybe outside Westfield they were gonna lose. Your right though maybe not that big of a gap.

They couldn’t stop Dickinson’s receivers and survived the shootout, and Atascocita had the talent to beat them but they’re kind of vanilla with their offense.

North Shore’s defense has been suspect this year so I was worried for them in several of their games.

Coaching and execution are two aspects that hold those two back in Houston but when they play a strong game, they can give the Houston powers a run for their money.

3 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

They couldn’t stop Dickinson’s receivers and survived the shootout, and Atascocita had the talent to beat them but they’re kind of vanilla with their offense.

North Shore’s defense has been suspect this year so I was worried for them in several of their games.

Coaching and execution are two aspects that hold those two back in Houston but when they play a strong game, they can give the Houston powers a run for their money.

Yeah I did catch some of that game. I don't think Amador at QB will work vs Duncanville. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Champa said:

Let Louisiana start with Westfield, Atascocita, and Katy. If they do well enough, they can play either Duncanville or North Shore.

Even though Westfield owns the Houston 6A manual for how to lose a game they’re supposed to be winning, I would love to see St. Augustine play a team as physical as Westfield 😊

5 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

You really think Carthage could beat them? They atleast played Desoto. I couldn't imagine Carthage ever scheduling a game like that. I would think DeSoto would beat Carthage much worse then 35-10. Just my opinion.

I think that would be a 7 point game

Augustine- Desoto was a blowout once Desoto decided to stick to running the ball

10 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

You really think Carthage could beat them? They atleast played Desoto. I couldn't imagine Carthage ever scheduling a game like that. I would think DeSoto would beat Carthage much worse then 35-10. Just my opinion.

At least St Aug gave DeSoto a game for almost 3 quarters until they lost their legs in the 4th.

St Aug only had 5-6 days in pads before making the trip to Oregon and played NO jamboree, in fact...... that was their jamboree vs DeSoto.

People need to get real about stuff.

DeSoto is a good team, but they took 2 losses too this year...both pretty ugly. 

High  School football is High School football.

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

DeSoto had the Preseason hype in Texas and won a state championship...

St Aug had the Preseason hype in Louisiana and lost 3 games here and didn't win 1 playoff game.

Congrats to DeSoto........at the end of the day just too much talent for 99.99% of Texas.

Augustine didn't win one playoff game,  they lost to the State runner up by 3(split a series with them) after having a bye in round 1

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

DeSoto had the Preseason hype in Texas and won a state championship...

St Aug had the Preseason hype in Louisiana and lost 3 games here and didn't win 1 playoff game.

Congrats to DeSoto........at the end of the day just too much talent for 99.99% of Texas.

…and they’re young.

They’ll be a problem as long as they stay in Division 2.

We really need to see North Shore vs. DeSoto now that they’ve experienced state and won it.