What up Texas?

DevilDog

Dville has taken Texas BBall to the West Coast. They are playing in the Les Schwab Invitational in Oregon.  They crushed to top Oregon teams.  Have national Ranked Bishop Gorman Thursday and possibly face Sierra Canyon with LeBron's kid un the finals

National No. 1 Duncanville looks the part against Beaverton, cruises to Les Schwab Invitational semifinals

“Since we’re the No. 1 team in the nation, we embrace it, from the coaching staff to the last player on the bench. That’s just our culture at Duncanville.”

HILLSBORO — In a field stocked with high-caliber teams, Duncanville is hoping to make an impression on West Coast fans at the Les Schwab Invitational.

The Panthers, ranked No. 1 nationally in the SBLive/Sports Illustrated Power 25, weren’t firing on all cylinders in their opening-round win over Cleveland. The Texas power was much sharper Wednesday night against Beaverton, draining 11 three-pointers and forcing 14 turnovers in a 78-46 victory at Liberty High School in Hillsboro, Oregon. 

“Coming off of Christmas break, we were just trying to get our legs back under us, trying to get our rhythm back,” swingman KJ Lewis said. “It just feels great to be back out here in this atmosphere.”

After a slow start in the program’s first LSI game, Duncanville came out gunning in the quarterfinals.

Kayden Edwards scored eight quick points as the Panthers jumped out to a 10-3 lead less than two minutes into the game. Three-pointers from Edwards and Jackson Prince extended it to 20-6 midway through the first quarter.

Consecutive triples from Ron Holland put Duncanville up 33-13, and the rout was officially on.

“I feel like we picked up where we left off before the break today with shooting the ball and defending,” Panthers coach Neiman Ford said. “I think we defended the way we know how to defend for about 24 of the 32 minutes.”

Lewis, a four-star prospect who will play college basketball for Arizona, led all players with 17 points and 12 rebounds. The 6-foot-5 senior also had four steals and three assists.

Texas-bound Holland had 16 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. Edwards added 15 points and Aric Demings came off the bench to score 13, hitting three three-pointers.

Beaverton had three players finish in double figures: Brady Rice (12 points), Aidan Rice (11) and Jalen Childs (10). 

“This was a great experience,” Childs said. “I want to play at the next level, so it was a good way to test myself now in high school to see what I need to work on. I need to get stronger and just keep working. … This is why I wanted to be in the LSI, to play teams like that.

Duncanville has traveled to several major tournaments in recent seasons, but never one on the West Coast. The Panthers are thrilled to bring Texas basketball to Oregon.

“We’re just happy to be out here and grateful to be invited,” Lewis said. “I’m extremely happy because I’m going to be playing in the Pac-12, so I’ll be out on the West Coast a lot. I’m happy to be playing in front of all these people, and hopefully they can see more of me at Arizona.”

Ranked highly all season, Duncanville finally took over the top spot in the SBLive/SI Power 25 after Christmas. Ford said the team doesn’t focus on things it can’t control, such as national polls. 

“What we can control is our effort, our energy and how hard we play,” he said. “If we go out and play with energy and effort, if we fly around and rebound and defend the way we’re supposed to, everything else is going to take care of itself. We’re honored for those guys to consider us, so we always want to take pride in how we play when we step on the court.”

Added Lewis: “Since we’re the No. 1 team in the nation, we embrace it, from the coaching staff to the last player on the bench. That’s just our culture at Duncanville.”

After dispatching a couple of Oregon teams, Duncanville will face a different type of opponent in Thursday night’s semifinals.

Bishop Gorman, ranked 20th in the country, put the clamps on Lincoln in its quarterfinal win. The Gaels have the size and athleticism required to give Duncanville a run for its money.

12 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Grateful win for TCU and the State.  I saw a list of the number of players by state on the 4 Semi final teams. All 4 had Texas kids. There are a total of 99.  Georgia was second with 72.  

Agree. W or L next week it should be a great building block for TCU 

• Like 1

I can't believe I'm rooting for the Sorry ass Aints today.  Dem Boys still have a chance to win the Division.. Without  Hurst the SHEagles are the Aints 🤭.  only  the SHEagles win 12 of 13 and choke.  Hurst back next week.  Hopefully hes rusty.  Hold on for me you Sorry Saints.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I can't believe I'm rooting for the Sorry ass Aints today.  Dem Boys still have a chance to win the Division.. Without  Hurst the SHEagles are the Aints 🤭.  only  the SHEagles win 12 of 13 and choke.  Hurst back next week.  Hopefully hes rusty.  Hold on for me you Sorry Saints.

The SOSAS got it done...and STILL got eliminated.

• Haha 1

That Cowboy choke job against the Jags really hurts now.

Not that I expect anything but a 1st round playoff loss from them anyways.

Damn Duncanville. Wait until right before district to lose one. They've had some close calls this year though. You can't win them all, I don't guess.

4 hours ago, Champa said:

That Cowboy choke job against the Jags really hurts now.

Not that I expect anything but a 1st round playoff loss from them anyways.

Damn Duncanville. Wait until right before district to lose one. They've had some close calls this year though. You can't win them all, I don't guess.

It seems like West Linn is a 2 player squad?

Just watched highlights...Linn's guards are legit.  Duncanville got trey-happy instead of going inside with their height advantage.

Couple of iffy calls...but nothing Duncanville shouldn't have been able to overcome.  It's not like they were playing Argyle.