What up Texas?

DevilDog

12 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Reviewing bEast Texas Football.  Different than anywhere in the nation culturally and the love for Football in that region  Unique even in Texas

That Gimer system at UTSA and dominated at Incarnate Word.  Old Gilmer and Former NFL QB G.J. Kinne now hired at Texas State

Will the world finally know their name??? 

(Texas State Motto...)

• Haha 1

Logged in to catch up. Being in the GHA area, I'm still celebrating the Astros championship, not much else going on. Wait, did the Texans just give themselves  a chance to right the ship? Giving a coach 6yrs, having the 2nd pick in the draft? Flip a coin. If I'm Demeco, I wouldn't want to trade anything to the Bears to get the #1 overall. How do you pick Young over Stroud or vice versa? Anyway we have optimism for the Texans that we haven't had in yrs, I hope.

As far as the Super Bowl goes, I'm just going to watch and enjoy. Being a Tech fan, I'm a Mahomes fan, being in the Houston area, I'm a Hurts fan. Great seeing these 2 QB's not just represent their teams, but representing this State. I'm just hoping for a great game.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, GlenC7 said:

Logged in to catch up. Being in the GHA area, I'm still celebrating the Astros championship, not much else going on. Wait, did the Texans just give themselves  a chance to right the ship? Giving a coach 6yrs, having the 2nd pick in the draft? Flip a coin. If I'm Demeco, I wouldn't want to trade anything to the Bears to get the #1 overall. How do you pick Young over Stroud or vice versa? Anyway we have optimism for the Texans that we haven't had in yrs, I hope.

As far as the Super Bowl goes, I'm just going to watch and enjoy. Being a Tech fan, I'm a Mahomes fan, being in the Houston area, I'm a Hurts fan. Great seeing these 2 QB's not just represent their teams, but representing this State. I'm just hoping for a great game.

Welcome back GlenC7

The Texans have the draft picks and cap space to do something. I like the fact that they're giving Ryans the time he needs to build a team here.

This will be their best chance in a long time to be something other than a joke.

I hope Kellen Moore has all the success in the world with the Chargers. Pretty stupid the Cowboys making him their scapegoat. He wasn't the one out there being incapable of connecting with receivers in the 49ers game.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

What...da...hell...

@Champa

I'm SO DAMN GALD South Dakota uses a shot clock!

Do they still shoot those flat footed jumpers from about 10 feet? With Crew Cuts and socks up to their Knees.  They gonna need more than a Shot Clock to speed up that basketball. 😁 I bet that State Track meet need a shot clock too.  Hey brotha wish you the best up there.  Keep us Texans in the know.  Especially how you view that Football.  

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Yeah that’s pathetic! Maybe that was a protest game from both teams for not approving the shot clock policy 

41 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Do they still shoot those flat footed jumpers from about 10 feet? With Crew Cuts and socks up to their Knees.  They gonna need more than a Shot Clock to speed up that basketball. 😁 I bet that State Track meet need a shot clock too.  Hey brotha wish you the best up there.  Keep us Texans in the know.  Especially how you view that Football.  

Most of the better teams in the State are all near my area. Eastside of the state or (East-River as they call it up here).

The Keinholz kid that flipped to Ohio State is nice...but he played for Pierre.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Most of the better teams in the State are all near my area. Eastside of the state or (East-River) as they call it up here).

The Keinholz kid that flipped to Ohio State is nice...but he played for Pierre.

Are they spread type teams or due to those cold ass football months is it 2 yards and an Avalanche?

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Are they spread type teams or due to those cold ass football months is it 2 yards and an Avalanche.

All the Big schools are spread (or a variation of it). Which is kinda odd because SDSU is more of a smashmouth-style team.  But the coach retired after getting that ring...So who knows what the Jackrabbits will run now. 

The smaller schools are more of your Power-running/Option-style.

It hit 40 here today.  I can live with this.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

All the Big schools are spread (or a variation of it). Which is kinda odd because SDSU is more of a smashmouth-style team.  But the coach retired after getting that ring...So who knows what the Jackrabbits will run now. 

The smaller schools are more of your Power-running/Option-style.

It hit 40 here today.  I can live with this.

But is SDSU mostly Dakota kids or kids from other States.  If they are that's an endorsement of their HS Football.  NDSU gets kid from everywhere 

I hope all those bum ass Eagles fans who were booing Dak before the game for being Man of the Year feel like garbage right about now. 

9 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

I'd like to believe this was an attempt on both coaches' part to get a shot clock in Oklahoma. Sadly, that's very likely not the case. Fans of both teams should have emptied out the gym at the half.

51 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

But is SDSU mostly Dakota kids or kids from other States.  If they are that's an endorsement of their HS Football.  NDSU gets kid from everywhere 

South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska and Illinois is where they get a majority of their kids (SD Borders all but Illinois so it makes sense). 

Also hot a few from Texas (Katy and Lake Travis), Wisconsin, Arizona, and Florida also.

• Thanks 1