What up Texas?

DevilDog

30 minutes ago, Champa said:

I hope all those bum ass Eagles fans who were booing Dak before the game for being Man of the Year feel like garbage right about now. 

I'd like to believe this was an attempt on both coaches' part to get a shot clock in Oklahoma. Sadly, that's very likely not the case. Fans of both teams should have emptied out the gym at the half.

I'd left after the 1st.

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Former 4* Allen QB who was a victim of Racism.  Cleared for 3-5A Frisco Emerson.  Story attached.  Argyle Coach lone dissenter in that district.

https://news.scorebooklive.com/texas/2023/02/14/what-they-said-reactions-to-texas-qb-prospect-mike-hawkins-jr-ruled-eligible-for-frisco-emerson-in-2023

Well I hope both parties can move on in peace now.  I know some folks were doubting the racism claims and felt the truth would be revealed in the hearings. Apparently they weren’t. 

I’m also puzzled by Allen’s HC comments.  He said the family moved for the reasons the dad claimed. If so, then who flagged this move to the DEC? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Well I hope both parties can move on in peace now.  I know some folks were doubting the racism claims and felt the truth would be revealed in the hearings. Apparently they weren’t. 

I’m also puzzled by Allen’s HC comments.  He said the family moved for the reasons the dad claimed. If so, then who flagged this move to the DEC? 

That was my question.  Why bother, what was the end game?  You get to attend a 5A district mtg that you're not part of.

Saw the question from the Argyle Coach but hadn't seen that he was the dissenting vote.  Curious how you vote that way, when the releasing Coach says there was a valid reason for the move and that had nothing to do with athletics.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Allen Coach claims previous grievances with the dad over football.  Also better teams in Collin County to join than the Frisco team Chosen.  5A Melissa would have been a decent choice.  Hope it ends well for all.  Clearly the Argyle Coach wanted him to move further away 😆

I personally wanted him to end up at Lone Star or Reedy.  But Lone Star has a way of underperforming on offense...and Reedy is...Reedy.

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 8:56 PM, DevilDog said:

These 2 Texas Brothers are putting on a show in this Superbowl.  Good game as well.   Mahomes with less than 200yds passing in a 35 - 35 game.  Hurts should be MVP win or lose.  

Looks like an OU vs TT shootout 

Jalen Hurts: said this. He also graduated from Alabama and not Mobilehoma. Not only that, but according to him, he was leaning Miami, but Saban actually is the one who advised intoto go to the Sooners.

Either way, great guy, great athlete and great role model.

image.png.729c953cc5be3f8f41c40ed354907d33.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Champa said:

Seems funny no Duncanville in the basketball playoffs this year. Westlake went down, too. Be interesting to see if the GHA can take the 6A crown this year. Gonna be Seven Lakes or Beaumont United if it happens

I'm really looking forward to a Sulphur Springs/Faith Family match up here soon.

Sulphur Springs dropped down to 4A???

*Looked up classification numbers*

Well damn...

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

Is this y'all year?

Should be able to handle our opponent on Tuesday. After that, we could easily lose to any team going forward. Region 3 has gotten pretty rough.

Really it'll never be our year again so long as a team like Faith Family keeps rolling like they do. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Champa said:

Should be able to handle our opponent on Tuesday. After that, we could easily lose to any team going forward. Region 3 has gotten pretty rough.

Really it'll never be our year again so long as a team like Faith Family keeps rolling like they do. 

Hate to break it to ya...But neither Paris nor Sulphur Springs will be the ones to beat Faith.  It'll have to be a Dallas school like Carter if it's to be done.

I miss going to those games at T&MU-Commerce field house.  Especially when Paris brings half the city...And chokes against teams like Argyle (Now 5A) or a Dallas school like Lincoln.

• Like 1