What up Texas?

DevilDog

7 hours ago, Champa said:

North Shore had a good program before Kay. I'd still expect them to be a top team this upcoming year. Surely they'll make a good choice in his replacement.

Also, when does Surratt leave?

Lol. Surratt has a sweet deal, highest paid TXHSFB coach and probably legend status out there in Carthage 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 12:31 AM, Champa said:

Seems funny no Duncanville in the basketball playoffs this year. Westlake went down, too. Be interesting to see if the GHA can take the 6A crown this year. Gonna be Seven Lakes or Beaumont United if it happens

I'm really looking forward to a Sulphur Springs/Faith Family match up here soon.

You got your wish.

And the winner will play Carter who will most likely beat Aubrey.  Them Chaparrals are sneaky just to make it this far.

Carter best the breaks off Paris so I don't expect a full fieldhouse.  Sulphur Springs will brings thiers though...mainly because they're literally down the road from Commerce.

You have to feel a little bad for Arlington Martin. Lost to Lake Highlands by only 3 points with only 5 varsity players. Benches were cleared in the previous game with Lewisville and more than half the team was suspended for the LH game.

Only two kids even threw punches from what I saw, but I guess rules are rules.

Also looking forward to United vs Seven Lakes. 

1 hour ago, Champa said:

You have to feel a little bad for Arlington Martin. Lost to Lake Highlands by only 3 points with only 5 varsity players. Benches were cleared in the previous game with Lewisville and more than half the team was suspended for the LH game.

Only two kids even threw punches from what I saw, but I guess rules are rules.

Also looking forward to United vs Seven Lakes. 

Is there a stream to watch these games? 

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Is there a stream to watch these games? 

Texan Live does some games. More schools are getting cameras set up in their gyms and you can check their Youtube page for that. Like this one: https://www.youtube.com/@SilsbeeISD/streams

This is what got Arlington Martin in trouble: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/fight-erupts-in-arlington-martin-lewisville-basketball-game/vi-AA182zyL

• Thanks 2

On 2/25/2023 at 9:38 PM, Champa said:

Should be able to handle our opponent on Tuesday. After that, we could easily lose to any team going forward. Region 3 has gotten pretty rough.

Really it'll never be our year again so long as a team like Faith Family keeps rolling like they do. 

Wellp... It's up to Carter now.

On 3/1/2023 at 2:31 PM, Champa said:

Texan Live does some games. More schools are getting cameras set up in their gyms and you can check their Youtube page for that. Like this one: https://www.youtube.com/@SilsbeeISD/streams

This is what got Arlington Martin in trouble: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/fight-erupts-in-arlington-martin-lewisville-basketball-game/vi-AA182zyL

Shouldn't have left the bench area.  That's automatic these days as it is considered escalation.

Clear Falls ruined one of my must see matchups. Beat Seven Lakes, now they're down by only 3 to United. They're really trying to ruin everything lol.

Silsbee won't have to worry about FF this year. Lost to BTW by 6. Oh well. 

Want to see FB Marshall vs Kimball at state now. Marshall got a tough one today though.

5 hours ago, Champa said:

So much for FB Marshall. Ellison is damn good.

I almost feel bad for Coach Love at Carter. One stacked team keeps getting in his way every year. They lose by 10 today. 

And WTF happened to San Marcos. Didn't see that 30 point beatdown coming at all.

I need you to stop listing must see matchups...

On 3/12/2023 at 7:10 AM, Grainraiser said:

It was a Dallas sweep for the championship games. Lake Highlands front court was too much for United backcourt. LH center had 7 blocks which is a playoff record (old record held by Shaq). Tre Johnson is just a junior so next year he will be all world.

Tre is a problem.  Remembered watching him work over Plano as a Soph.

Well it looks like people are really getting salty about Faith. Yes it is kind of funny they acknowledged Kimball.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexansforPublicEd/permalink/6165336333523234/?mibextid=Nif5oz

I don't think people would have a problem with FF if they got the Strake Jesuit treatment.

Personally I was really looking forward to a Carter/Silsbee rematch at state. Not gonna happen though.

6 hours ago, Champa said:

Well it looks like people are really getting salty about Faith. Yes it is kind of funny they acknowledged Kimball.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TexansforPublicEd/permalink/6165336333523234/?mibextid=Nif5oz

I don't think people would have a problem with FF if they got the Strake Jesuit treatment.

Personally I was really looking forward to a Carter/Silsbee rematch at state. Not gonna happen though.

This is a hot topic, but my short take, with many parents becoming dissatisfied with traditional public schools, I see private, homeschool and charter schools growing. 

TX better fix their problems or parents will continue to seek alternative paths. 

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

This is a hot topic, but my short take, with many parents becoming dissatisfied with traditional public schools, I see private, homeschool and charter schools growing. 

TX better fix their problems or parents will continue to seek alternative paths. 

i think FF is succeeding because of an outstanding man running an excellent program

he attracts a lot of good young players because they believe in his ability to develope talent.

the program has grown organically... no recruiting at all

and with open enrollments, the publics in the area shouldnt complain.

Most of SOC's stars on the football team lives in the suburbs.

Most of Carter's basketball team lives in the suburbs... same for Kimball.

Athletes and their parents are choosing the schools with the best programs.

• Like 1