What up Texas?

DevilDog

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Good stuff. Can you please post the current TAPPS powerhouses too? Thx ;) 

Seriously, what is your thing about privates?  Most of what I read of yours is privates this and that.  They are not the best in Texas, I’m sorry I started talking about them b/c you’ve taken it farther than what they really are here in the Lone Star State.  

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm a product of them. From nursery school through college. Just trying to give back. That's all. Thx for enlightening me of their plight to survive down in TX. 

you can be a product of privates and still be objective to all teams.  I’ve read some of your posts in other threads that make me question that. (Stating that the top 4 in CA should be privates)

TAPPPS are in their own league here, inferior one, but still separate and thriving in their own right. 

What do you have for them next year? 

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Seriously, what is your thing about privates?  Most of what I read of yours is privates this and that.  They are not the best in Texas, I’m sorry I started talking about them b/c you’ve taken it farther than what they really are here in the Lone Star State.  

They don't have a significant victory over anyone of note.  Dunne beat ECA, La. and lost to Byrd, La.  Desoto and St. Pius X. 

Bishop Lynch lost 21 -14 to John Curtis and also lost to Div II T.C. Cedar Hill by 4. 

All the hype about St. Pius X.  The only team they played that was decent was Prestonwood and they lost.  Their other big victor was over 5A DI Manor (3-3)  they won 46 - 34  Yet trailed 34 -21 at the half the week Before 4A Power Liberty Hill beat Manor 38 -12.   

Like I said 4A including Newton would smoke TAPPS

you can be a product of privates and still be objective to all teams.  I’ve read some of your posts in other threads that make me question that. (Stating that the top 4 in CA should be privates)

TAPPPS are in their own league here, inferior one, but still separate and thriving in their own right. 

What do you have for them next year? 

After all the hype a bout TAPPS.  Hell I went out 3 weeks in a row to see them.  And I told you exactly what I saw.  

It is inferior to the best of  4A.  (Melissa proved that with T.C. Cedar Hill).   TAPPS is proving that they are equal to  OOS teams as no one is embarrassing them and they travel to play. 

If anyone thinks those teams would Beat Carthage, Argyle or Newton you have not watched football in Texas in a long time.   🤘

14 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

After all the hype a bout TAPPS.  Hell I went out 3 weeks in a row to see them.  And I told you exactly what I saw.  

It is inferior to the best of  4A.  (Melissa proved that with T.C. Cedar Hill).   TAPPS is proving that they are equal to  OOS teams as no one is embarrassing them and they travel to play. 

If anyone thinks those teams would Beat Carthage, Argyle or Newton you have not watched football in Texas in a long time.   🤘

Ok, let’s just look at their top 5.  TAPPS is not deep

PCA

St Pius X

TC Cedar Hill

Lynch

Dunne

In your view where would these 5 be within the top 5 of 4A? 
PROJECT A MATCHUP
neutral field
[2018] Carthage (TX) 31, [2018] Prestonwood Christian (Plano, TX) 28

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I am objective. They rule the roost in states like CA, PA, NJ, MD/DC. And they'll never be as successful in states like GA and TX. We all know this. I just get a warm, fuzzy feeling when they're successful regardless of where they're located. 

Hell you got me out to watch them.  I had never seen a damn TAPPS team in Person till this year. 

Melissa would be a top 5 Team in TAPPS and hell they are the 3rd best team in their own district in 4A.  And Newton, Carthage, Argyle and about 10 others in 4A would beat them.  That is a real assessment. I have seen those TAPPS teams and the best of 4A.  I watched Jabray Young run all over a bigger stacked TAPPS team.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

PCA

St Pius X

TC Cedar Hill

Lynch

Dunne

PROJECT A MATCHUP
neutral field

Exactly and I would say in reality Carthage would beat Prestonwood by 10 or more.  They are bigger and more athletic.      

I

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Exactly and I would say in reality Carthage would beat Prestonwood by 10 or more.  They are bigger and more athletic.      

Let’s look at all the top 5

Carthage (19)    (5-0)    234    1

2. Argyle (5)    (5-0)    220    2

3. Liberty Hill    (3-1)    182    3

4. Waco La Vega    (4-2)    139    5

5. Cuero    (4-1)    97    6

i can see Carthage (although PCA does have a big OL) and argyle, but what about 3-5 in relation to TC Chill, lynch and dunne?  

PCA

St Pius X

TC Cedar Hill

Lynch

Dunne

PROJECT A MATCHUP
neutral field

I think Prestonwood and St. Pius would be in the top 5 and  Dunne and Lynch in Top 10. 

I don't think any TAPPS team could beat Carthage or Argyle.  

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Let’s look at all the top 5

Carthage (19)    (5-0)    234    1

2. Argyle (5)    (5-0)    220    2

3. Liberty Hill    (3-1)    182    3

4. Waco La Vega    (4-2)    139    5

5. Cuero    (4-1)    97    6

i can see Carthage (although PCA does have a big OL) and argyle, but what about 3-5 in relation to TC Chill, lynch and dunne?  

Liberty Hill would not lost to them either IMHO. 

Look at this.  Liberty Hill lost 52 - 51 in OT to 5A DI Hutto.  They are legit top 3 in 4A.  The next week Hutto beat 6A Lamar 42 -39.  The same Lamar that beat The Woodlands. People in Texas don't understand how deep 4A is. 

Week 3:  Liberty Hill beat 5A Manor 38-12

Week 4:  St. Pius X beat Manor 46 -34 and was losing at the Half. 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That’s fair.  What about TC cedar hill? 

I have Melissa as my source that I watched Personally.  There is no way they are a top 5 team in 4A and would be hard pressed to make the top 10. 

4A DI is tough and they smoked 5A head up and the games they lost was neck and neck. 

Just now, Horsefly said:

But TC beat lynch this year. 

That they did.  They beat them in Week 1.  I am not saying that T.C is not a good football team and they have 2 good wins.  Lynch and Melissa.   I think at this stage I would give Lynch a slight edge over them.  I wouldn't argue switching them with Lynch in 4A.  

Melissa put it to them in a dogfight.  I know Melissa is not top 10 in 4A nor were they at the time.  

9 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Liberty Hill would not lost to them either IMHO. 

Look at this.  Liberty Hill lost 52 - 51 in OT to 5A DI Hutto.  They are legit top 3 in 4A.  The next week Hutto beat 6A Lamar 42 -39.  The same Lamar that beat The Woodlands. People in Texas don't understand how deep 4A is. 

Week 3:  Liberty Hill beat 5A Manor 38-12

Week 4:  St. Pius X beat Manor 46 -34 and was losing at the Half. 

This is where it gets tricky with St Pius.  They beat 6A Beaumont United 55-21.  6A Westbrook beat United 45-10.  

PCA 46-6 over wylie

sachse 43-27 over wylie

This is where it gets tricky with St Pius.  They beat 6A Beaumont United 55-21.  6A Westbrook beat United 45-10.  

Would you bet on St. Pius X vs. Liberty Hill?  I know I wouldn't.  Liberty Hill would be a top 15 5A team.  We know this because they played #4 team in 5A DI and lost 52-51 in OT.  

4A would work TAPPS.  If you took the top 10 teams in TAPPS vs. 4A.  I think they lose 7-3 

We are only discussing 4A DI.  What about Jasper, Heritage and Sweeny in 4A DII along with PG.  I know you listed Cuero overall a DII team. 

Ft. Worth Nolan Catholic is ranked 7th in TAPPS DI.  There only lost is to Bishop Lynch 48 - 24.   There other big win was over 4A Celina 33 -17.  Anyone that follows and Knows Texas football at all levels would consider that a good win.  Well this week bEast Texas Power Paris beat Celina 54 -14.   

By the way @Horsefly @Texasball if the weather complies I will be in Argyle Friday Night as Paris comes to play them for the best team in that district. Also Melissa is in that District and Paris beat them earlier 28 -25.   Paris lost 30 - 10 in week 1 to Pleasant Grove.  

4A is deep.  

10 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Would you bet on St. Pius X vs. Liberty Hill?  I know I wouldn't.  Liberty Hill would be a top 15 5A team.  We know this because they played #4 team in 5A DI and lost 52-51 in OT.  

4A would work TAPPS.  If you took the top 10 teams in TAPPS vs. 4A.  I think they lose 7-3 

We are only discussing 4A DI.  What about Jasper, Heritage and Sweeny in 4A DII along with PG.  I know you listed Cuero overall a DII team. 

TAPPS overall is not strong.  You go beyond the combined top 5 they are toast. At the end of the day I would place the top 5 we discussed in the competitive 4A range (top 5-20) on a consistent basis.  The other TAPPS teams are mid level 4A to high 3A.  

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

TAPPS overall is not strong.  You go beyond the combined top 5 they are toast. At the end of the day I would place the top 5 we discussed in the competitive 4A range (top 5-20) on a consistent basis.  The other TAPPS teams are 2A-3A.  

Only a person that don't know Texas or have an agenda would think otherwise.  I've seen it and they don't have the depth to roll thru the 4A playoffs.  Imagine, Gilmer, PG, Carthage, Jasper, Heritage, Argyle for those damn teams.  They would get smoked.  Clearly Liberty Hill is as good as 6A Lamar and The Woodlands.  Now how many Texans would dispute that without knowing they have proved it on the field by playing a common opponent.  Remember I said at the beginning of the year that 5A splitting in 2 Divisions and that we will get more cross classifications games than ever before and that 4A will prove that Separation is not a big a many think.  

How many 6A teams are Bigger than Carthage?  I will assure you the vast majority are not.  Don't believe me go watch them. 

Carthage has 6 Jr. High Teams and 3 HS teams Fr. JV. and Varsity.  Everyone of them won this past Friday. 
Best Program in Texas. 

Not some little 4A team

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Only a person that don't know Texas or have an agenda would think otherwise.  I've seen it and they don't have the depth to roll thru the 4A playoffs.  Imagine, Gilmer, PG, Carthage, Jasper, Heritage, Argyle for those damn teams.  They would get smoked.  Clearly Liberty Hill is as good as 6A Lamar and The Woodlands.  Now how many Texans would dispute that without knowing they have proved it on the field by playing a common opponent.  Remember I said at the beginning of the year that 5A splitting in 2 Divisions and that we will get more cross classifications games than ever before and that 4A will prove that Separation is not a big a many think.  

How many 6A teams are Bigger than Carthage?  I will assure you the vast majority are not.  Don't believe me go watch them. 

Carthage has 6 Jr. High Teams and 3 HS teams Fr. JV. and Varsity.  Everyone of them won this past Friday. 
Best Program in Texas. 

Not some little 4A team

I respect your opinion, but I can’t go that far that in a h2h liberty hill would compete with solid 6A playoff teams from a competitive region and area. 

• Like 1

@horsefly

Here is a look at the athletes to watch of them Compared to the 6A Powerhouse Lobos.  They are just as big.  Now if you go down the List.  I will assure you in East Texas Capps is considered better than King at QB and have the skins on the wall as proof.  Compare the Kids. 

And no I don't think they would beat the Lobos.  Most of Texas can't.  This is a look at the athletes.  It is not as big as many would assume.   4A Elite vs. 6A Elite in Beast Texas by athlete.   They are just as big as the 6A kids. 

Carthage

• QB Gunner Capps, Sr., 6-1, 195 (86-of-130, 1,296 yards, 14 TDs, 3 INTs)
  • WR Kelvontay Dixon, Jr., 6-0, 170 (28 catches, 525 yards, 5 TDs)
  • OL Ty'kieast Crawford, Jr., 6-6, 310 (committed to Baylor)
  • DB Ja'Corey Ware, Sr., 6-0, 170 (19 tackles, 2 INTs, 1 PBU)
  • RB Tucker Smith, Sr., 5-11, 180 (63 carries, 336 yards, 10 TDs; 17 catches, 251 yards, 4 TDs)
  • LB Rayvon Ingram, Jr., 5-10, 205 (47 tackles, 7 for loss, 3 sacks, 5 QB pressures, 2 PBUs, 1 fumble recovery)
  • DL DJ Hicks, Jr., 6-2, 200 (24 tackles, 3 for loss, 5 QB pressures, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery)
  • TE Kaden Holcomb, Sr., 6-1, 180 (13 catches, 194 yards, TD)
  • Quan Brown, Jr. (27 tackles, 8 for loss, 1 sack, 6 QB pressures, 1 INT)

Longview

• QB Haynes King, Jr., 6-3, 185 (70 of 99, 1,346 yards, 14 TDs, 0 INTs; 14 carries, 203 yards, 2 TDs; 1 catch, 20 yards, 1 TD)
  • WR Kamden Perry, Sr., 6-0, 180 (33 catches, 636 yards, 7 TDs)
  • RB Keilyn Williams, Sr., 5-5, 145 (80 carries, 547 yards, 3 TDs; 6 catches, 151 yards, 1 TD)
  • RB Jessie Anderson, Sr., 5-11, 225 (43 carries, 268 yards, 6 TDs; 10 catces, 160 yards, 2 TDs)
  • DB Jephaniah Lister, Sr., 5-9, 155 (39 tackles, 1 for loss, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery)
  • DL Sawyer Goram-Welch, Jr., 6-4, 270 (16 tackles, 3 for loss, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble)
  • LB Ja'Vontae Writt, Sr., 5-9, 190 (37 tackles, 3 for loss, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery)
  • LB Robert Pierce, Jr., 5-9, 190 (17 tackles, 3 for loss, 1 sack, 1 fumble recovery, 2 INTs, 2 PBUs, 1 blocked punt)

I respect your opinion, but I can’t go that far that in a h2h liberty hill would compete with solid 6A playoff teams from a competitive region and area. 

No problem most would disagree.  I don't think that valley is as big as Texans think.  It only takes 22 kids to ball out.  This isn't the NFL.  I watched SJB vs. Mater Dei.  SJB has 3 kids that goes both ways.  Why didn't they get worn out?  6A is not some elite brand of football most of the kids on the sidelines suck and don't play either.  They just have more of the elite teams in State.  Liberty Hill is better than the majority of the teams in 6A.  Hell Midland Christian been beating 6A playoff teams in El Paso for Years.   Midland Christian is not some magical TAPPS program. 

WK 2.  #5 5A DI Hutto 52 - 51 OT over #3 4A DI Liberty Hill

Wk 3.  #5 5A DI Hutto 42 -39 over 6A Lamar  

The toughest game Hutto has had all year is Liberty Hill a 4A power. Not the 5A or 6A teams they played were tougher. 

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

@horsefly

Here is a look at the athletes to watch of them Compared to the 6A Powerhouse Lobos.  They are just as big.  Now if you go down the List.  I will assure you in East Texas Capps is considered better than King at QB and have the skins on the wall as proof.  Compare the Kids. 

And no I don't think they would beat the Lobos.  Most of Texas can't.  This is a look at the athletes.  It is not as big as many would assume.   4A Elite vs. 6A Elite in Beast Texas by athlete.   They are just as big as the 6A kids. 

Carthage

• QB Gunner Capps, Sr., 6-1, 195 (86-of-130, 1,296 yards, 14 TDs, 3 INTs)
  • WR Kelvontay Dixon, Jr., 6-0, 170 (28 catches, 525 yards, 5 TDs)
  • OL Ty'kieast Crawford, Jr., 6-6, 310 (committed to Baylor)
  • DB Ja'Corey Ware, Sr., 6-0, 170 (19 tackles, 2 INTs, 1 PBU)
  • RB Tucker Smith, Sr., 5-11, 180 (63 carries, 336 yards, 10 TDs; 17 catches, 251 yards, 4 TDs)
  • LB Rayvon Ingram, Jr., 5-10, 205 (47 tackles, 7 for loss, 3 sacks, 5 QB pressures, 2 PBUs, 1 fumble recovery)
  • DL DJ Hicks, Jr., 6-2, 200 (24 tackles, 3 for loss, 5 QB pressures, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery)
  • TE Kaden Holcomb, Sr., 6-1, 180 (13 catches, 194 yards, TD)
  • Quan Brown, Jr. (27 tackles, 8 for loss, 1 sack, 6 QB pressures, 1 INT)

Longview

• QB Haynes King, Jr., 6-3, 185 (70 of 99, 1,346 yards, 14 TDs, 0 INTs; 14 carries, 203 yards, 2 TDs; 1 catch, 20 yards, 1 TD)
  • WR Kamden Perry, Sr., 6-0, 180 (33 catches, 636 yards, 7 TDs)
  • RB Keilyn Williams, Sr., 5-5, 145 (80 carries, 547 yards, 3 TDs; 6 catches, 151 yards, 1 TD)
  • RB Jessie Anderson, Sr., 5-11, 225 (43 carries, 268 yards, 6 TDs; 10 catces, 160 yards, 2 TDs)
  • DB Jephaniah Lister, Sr., 5-9, 155 (39 tackles, 1 for loss, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery)
  • DL Sawyer Goram-Welch, Jr., 6-4, 270 (16 tackles, 3 for loss, 2 sacks, 1 forced fumble)
  • LB Ja'Vontae Writt, Sr., 5-9, 190 (37 tackles, 3 for loss, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovery)
  • LB Robert Pierce, Jr., 5-9, 190 (17 tackles, 3 for loss, 1 sack, 1 fumble recovery, 2 INTs, 2 PBUs, 1 blocked punt)

But the big difference would be the next man up or the non star alongside those players.  The diff would be monumental.