The end of the Obama Trump Great Bull Market

DarterBlue

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Dude it's at 25900 or so. It's fine. If it dropped another 4000 points back to 21000 it's ok. Will people lose value in it sure. But alot of people who are young enough will buy back in at the bottom and it will go back up. Its correction time you know that. It was a beautiful ride up to 26900. I thought it was hit 27000. It didnt. I'm sure it won't be at 8000 again. 

You are too damn lazy to check closing prices and you expect me to have any respect for anything you have to say about the markets? For the record the DOW closed just under 25,600. Stick to politics or current events for there stupidity does not cost money. 

When a market tops no one knows where the bottom will be. The authorities can do stuff to try and mitigate the damage, but there is no guarantee that the policies will be either wise or effective. 

How many people do you think will ride the market down from its current levels to 21,000 or less as you suggest the bottom may be? The answer is fewer than you think for most investors are creatures of emotion and that screws up their timing. You should know, you let go a perfectly good stock. 

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

You are too damn lazy to check closing prices and you expect me to have any respect for anything you have to say about the markets? For the record the DOW closed just under 25,600. Stick to politics or current events for there stupidity does not cost money. 

When a market tops no one knows where the bottom will be. The authorities can do stuff to try and mitigate the damage, but there is no guarantee that the policies will be either wise or effective. 

How many people do you think will ride the market down from its current levels to 21,000 or less as you suggest the bottom may be? The answer is fewer than you think for most investors are creatures of emotion and that screws up their timing. You should know, you let go a perfectly good stock. 

That stock is now at 22 yet again. Hasn't gone higher than 24. It was a good decision. And depends on how old u are if your gonna ride it out. It's all about your personal temperament of course. It's at 25500. 

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

That stock is now at 22 yet again. Hasn't gone higher than 24. It was a good decision. And depends on how old u are if your gonna ride it out. It's all about your personal temperament of course. It's at 25500. 

You don't even know what the all time high and the current close is on your former stock. You just prove my point over and over and over. That's why I gave up on you where the markets are concerned. For you don't listen and you don't actually follow the market. You just follow some half baked notions you have in your head. 

To be brutally honest, it is probably why you seem to go nowhere in life. You don't put the effort in and then wonder why things are tough for you.

SHMDFH!

12 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

You don't even know what the all time high and the current close is on your former stock. You just prove my point over and over and over. That's why I gave up on you where the markets are concerned. For you don't listen and you don't actually follow the market. You just follow some half baked notions you have in your head. 

To be brutally honest, it is probably why you seem to go nowhere in life. You don't put the effort in and then wonder why things are tough for you.

SHMDFH!

Ok it made it 24.82 and than guess what pulled back yet again. 

I've put considerable effort into my life. But that's ok. 

I hope you make a billion dollar in the market. Let's see if you can do it

15 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I've put considerable effort into my life. But that's ok. 

You need to step up and prove it. You get babied on this board and it's not good for you. Sure it may make you feel good, but it does not help you become a man.

You are older than my kid that lives in China. And he is solely on his own half way around the world.

You need to go out and prove you can be a man and not some fragile little boy. 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

You need to step up and prove it. You get babied on this board and it's not good for you. Sure it may make you feel good, but it does not help you become a man.

You are older than my kid that lives in China. And he is solely on his own half way around the world.

You need to go out and prove you can be a man and not some fragile little boy. 

That's wonderful for your kid. My brother lived in China as well. 

I dont have to do anything to appease you. I really dont have to prove myself to you or really anyone else on this board. I have 2 parents that I have to prove myself too and even they acknowledge that I'm an adult and will do whatever I want to do at this point in my life. 

Have a wonderful night. 

On 10/9/2018 at 10:06 AM, DarterBlue said:

Sold GRUB, FND and CRM at varying prices over the ten minute period from 9:55 to 10:05 am. Am now solely in MPX. The market gave me some cover to cover and perhaps I could have gotten better prices; however, if I am right about the trend shift, those differences are trivial. 

Smart move on your part.  Just sold Apple (215.75), and Berkshire Hathaway B class (211.41) stocks, in the premarket. So I have no positions currently.

You're more focused than me it seems.  Yesterday, I was all over the place.  I was watching CNBC and the weather channel (Hurricane Michael coverage), playing and watching NVCN instead of focusing on the whole market, talking on the phone with Dad, posting on here, going for a walk instead of keeping an eye on the market, and getting ready for work. 

Lack of focus cost me over 4% on both AAPL and BRKb.  Saw them going down and I didn't sell.  Sold TVIX and UVXY too early when my gut was telling that the market was going to get crushed.  And day trading a micro-cap loser (NVCN) thinking it would change direction.

Today, I plan to be more focused and just watch the overall market. If it goes down I will jump into ETF shorts and hold for a few days instead of jumping around all over the place.  So I won't be posting on here until the weekend.  Look luck on MPX.

5 hours ago, ohio said:

Smart move on your part.  Just sold Apple (215.75), and Berkshire Hathaway B class (211.41) stocks, in the premarket. So I have no positions currently.

You're more focused than me it seems.  Yesterday, I was all over the place.  I was watching CNBC and the weather channel (Hurricane Michael coverage), playing and watching NVCN instead of focusing on the whole market, talking on the phone with Dad, posting on here, going for a walk instead of keeping an eye on the market, and getting ready for work. 

Lack of focus cost me over 4% on both AAPL and BRKb.  Saw them going down and I didn't sell.  Sold TVIX and UVXY too early when my gut was telling that the market was going to get crushed.  And day trading a micro-cap loser (NVCN) thinking it would change direction.

Today, I plan to be more focused and just watch the overall market. If it goes down I will jump into ETF shorts and hold for a few days instead of jumping around all over the place.  So I won't be posting on here until the weekend.  Look luck on MPX.

Not really. It's just that my style is not the best for bear markets due to the violent volatility associated with them. I do best in bull markets because aside from their very beginning and, sometimes, their end, they tend to be more mildly trending with very predictable pullbacks and reasonable thrusts to the upside. 

Regarding my exit, if my profits in GRUB and CRM had been less, I would have exited sooner. However, when I am right on a call, I like to squeeze as much profit from it as I can get. In this case it cost me several points. However, I threw the towel in after seeing Monday's action. I was aware that the market leaders had not led in September  while the lagging indices were finally making consistent all time highs.  However, I was not phased too much as sometimes the laggards do successfully catch up. 

5 hours ago, ohio said:

I was watching CNBC and the weather channel (Hurricane Michael coverage), playing and watching NVCN instead of focusing on the whole market, talking on the phone with Dad, posting on here, going for a walk instead of keeping an eye on the market, and getting ready for work. 

It is why I don't day trade. Even as a retired person not doing the gig I did in August and September, I don't have sufficient time to monitor the markets to the degree needed to effectively get maximum punch from day trading. Regarding taking a walk, it isn't a bad idea even when I am doing shorter term stuff. It often calms me down and adds perspective. 

The market looks hell a weak as I type this. It is greatly oversold and cannot seem to get a sustainable bounce. The damn thing is looking like it may crash. If that happens, I will just stay on the sidelines. I don't have the stomach to try and profit from it. However, if we get a sustained bounce, I will short the next leg as I am convinced that even if this is not the start of a significant bear market, at the very minimum the current damage will takes months to repair and will involve at least the retesting of the lows today. 

5 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

This is a good article only from a political perspective if it supports your view of things.

From a market perspective, the author should shut the fuck up as he clearly does not know what he is talking about.

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

This is a good article only from a political perspective if it supports your view of things.

From a market perspective, the author should shut the fuck up as he clearly does not know what he is talking about.

How about the article on marketwatch that says the dow will hit 40000 next couple of years? Go check it out

15 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

How about the article on marketwatch that says the dow will hit 40000 next couple of years? Go check it out

I never read people's predictions. They don't interest me. I much rather listen to the market itself. Sometimes it tries to deceive; however, relative to humans it is much more honest. 

If anyone knew for sure where the market was going to be in the next couple of years, they would keep it to themselves and make a damn lot of money on this information. 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

I never read people's predictions. They don't interest me. I much rather listen to the market itself. Sometimes it tries to deceive; however, relative to humans it is much more honest. 

If anyone knew for sure where the market was going to be in the next couple of years, they would keep it to themselves and make a damn lot of money on this information. 

The gentleman who made the prediction saw 25000 coming and was right. That's why I brought up the article. Now hes predicting 40000 after a tough 2019

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

The gentleman who made the prediction saw 25000 coming and was right. That's why I brought up the article. Now hes predicting 40000 after a tough 2019

I will repeat for your benefit: If anyone knew for sure where the market was going to be in the next couple of years, they would keep it to themselves and make a damn lot of money on this information.

I did not spend the last 28 years of my life learning about the market to succumb to the tripe put out there by financial journalists. I take my directions from the market itself not from my wishes hopes or opinion, let alone the opinions of others less competent than me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

I will repeat for your benefit: If anyone knew for sure where the market was going to be in the next couple of years, they would keep it to themselves and make a damn lot of money on this information.

I did not spend the last 28 years of my life learning about the market to succumb to the tripe put out there by financial journalists. I take my directions from the market itself not from my wishes hopes or opinion, let alone the opinions of others less competent than me. 

Sounds good. Whatever floats your boat

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Thank you. O

ne benefit I got from my Jamaican public school education was the capacity to analyze things for myself. Now this was bequeathed by our former masters, the British. To them I am grateful, too!

Awesome. Like I said whatever floats your boat. Was just putting out an article. If you like to do things for yourself good luck with that. We all have our own things we like to do. I for me like sports and horse gambling and I try to find my own angles to win and not rely on the so called experts 

On 10/11/2018 at 2:53 PM, DarterBlue said:

Not really. It's just that my style is not the best for bear markets due to the violent volatility associated with them. I do best in bull markets because aside from their very beginning and, sometimes, their end, they tend to be more mildly trending with very predictable pullbacks and reasonable thrusts to the upside. 

Regarding my exit, if my profits in GRUB and CRM had been less, I would have exited sooner. However, when I am right on a call, I like to squeeze as much profit from it as I can get. In this case it cost me several points. However, I threw the towel in after seeing Monday's action. I was aware that the market leaders had not led in September  while the lagging indices were finally making consistent all time highs.  However, I was not phased too much as sometimes the laggards do successfully catch up. 

I plan on doing the same thing after the market crash, but now its just too risky to buy and hold.  Right now I feel I may fare better buy ephemeral shorting, playing earnings, and some trending stocks.

Smart to sell GRUB and CRM, they may go up and down a little in the short term, but the trend will be a slow downward one; then maybe crash.

On 10/11/2018 at 3:00 PM, DarterBlue said:

It is why I don't day trade. Even as a retired person not doing the gig I did in August and September, I don't have sufficient time to monitor the markets to the degree needed to effectively get maximum punch from day trading. Regarding taking a walk, it isn't a bad idea even when I am doing shorter term stuff. It often calms me down and adds perspective. 

The market looks hell a weak as I type this. It is greatly oversold and cannot seem to get a sustainable bounce. The damn thing is looking like it may crash. If that happens, I will just stay on the sidelines. I don't have the stomach to try and profit from it. However, if we get a sustained bounce, I will short the next leg as I am convinced that even if this is not the start of a significant bear market, at the very minimum the current damage will takes months to repair and will involve at least the retesting of the lows today. 

Yes the walks are cathartic, but this one had an opportunity cost between 12 to 20K, and tied up a chunk of my money till Tuesday.

The market should bounce in the earnings season, but can have a few down days if a big company or two disappoints. A Democratic victory in either the House or the Senate could also put a damper on the markets, so they may start falling in early November, if they already haven't before that. Plus the three interest rate hikes for next year won't help it next year.  If you do short after a bounce, you will probably make out like a bandit.

As for me, I jumped into a thousand shares of TLRY at 132.12 however, I can't sell it till Tuesday or I will get a Regulation T.  Just hope it doesn't fall on Monday.  The pot stocks should do well if the earnings season goes well.  After earnings, I don't see much pushing the market higher and the pot stocks might take a nose dive then.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 3:11 PM, DarterBlue said:

This back and forth with the young man is just not worth it.  He is more interested in seeing the market go up for political reasons then for financial gain.  Maybe, just maybe, he jump into the market after the next crash and help his financial position so he can enjoy the good things in life as he gets older.

• Haha 1

On 10/11/2018 at 3:00 PM, DarterBlue said:

I generally like to trend trade or swing trade, but the current market is erratic and might have big swings in the upcoming days.  Don't trust to go long or short for any amount of time.  When I feel that a true market downturn is eminent, then I plan on shorting the hell out of it, now I'd rather play it safe with short-lived trades, even day trades.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, ohio said:

This back and forth with the young man is just not worth it.  He is more interested in seeing the market go up for political reasons then for financial gain.  Maybe, just maybe, he jump into the market after the next crash and help his financial position so he can enjoy the good things in life as he gets older.

That is 100% correct.

When he first bought MPX, he sent me a PM asking a lot of questions about the trade. I gave him my perspective and what he should look for in terms of deciding whether it was a good investment/trade or not. The stock was doing fine; however, I believe he got discouraged when it staged a massive reversal after being up on its earnings report in late July. Shortly after he sold it, despite the fact I had told him the stock had not really violated any meaningful support and seemed to be steadily setting up for another breakout attempt. 

But you are right. HSFBFan is not really serious about financial markets. He is deeply engrossed in political discussions as he seems to have very strong political beliefs though I am not sure he could clearly articulate sound reasons for them. Perhaps it's just as simple as picking his team and cheering it on, which is what he tried to do with MPX. Unfortunately that is not the way financial instruments work as they neither care about nor encourage your support.