Most over rated player you saw in person

SJR89

Rashan Gary  (PC) -  supposed to be all world...in 2 consecutive years got mauled by SJR offensive line....Tommy Hatton crushed him all day

Kareem Walker   (DPC)  same thing,,,bigger the game the less he showed up....

Robbie Martin   (SJR ) -  soft is too  big of a word for him....just leaned on people...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

Rashan Gary  (PC) -  supposed to be all world...in 2 consecutive years got mauled by SJR offensive line....Tommy Hatton crushed him all day

Robbie Martin   (SJR ) -  soft is too  big of a word for him....just leaned on people...

Kareem Walker his sophmore year was a beast. But the rest of the time yeah he never performed like that again

I agree with you about Gary and they have him top 5 in the draft. 

Who was the tall Kid that played at DBP went to Ohio state. Overrated!!! Could never do anything 

I'm gonna take heat but Guarantano. Has heart but never lived up to anything people said about him. 

• Like 1

This one is tough. I'll have to give it some thought. I can tell you the one that jumped to mind that is the most underrated player I ever saw is Michael Clay. Bellarmine for high school and Oregon for College. He is now a Assistant Special Teams coach for the 49ers. I never understood why he wasn't more highly recruited out of HS because he was everywhere when I saw his games. 

Keyshawn Johnson Jr.

I have no idea how he became a 4 star other than he looks great in shorts and also against vastly inferior competition.

Dude left Mission when he was a ghost his first game on varsity. He couldn't beat out the other WRs for more PT there. So he transfers to Santa Margarita where he fails to become a starter. Then he leaves for Calabasas when they were playing complete scrubs. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

OL Jackson Carman from Fairfield......currently at Clemson. 

Guy talked all kinds of trash to oponents, even to OSU coaches while they were recruiting him. Colerain LB''s routinely made him look very overrated

Agreed. Plus I remember how he was so fat his senior year he could barely get out of his own way. 

John Brown Lakeland, FL I hyped him up to some friends when they came up to Cincinnati to play St. X.  He was the only Lakeland kid that didn't show up.  He was mauled every snap he played on the defensive line.  Every other Lakeland D1 kid made plays that day.  John Brown wasn't ready to compete and he was exposed.  

9 hours ago, SJR89 said:

Hate to say it because he's such a great kid and was one of the better all around HS players I've seen but that would be Mark Fossati.  I say this because I was at an SJR game with a former SJR player who made the NFL, and everyone in SJR contingent was saying all the top D1 schools will be after him, NFL, etc.  We told them right there he didnt have it and it was as if they wanted to crucify us.  Lack of lateral speed, slow first step and just not the necessary explosive power for the higher levels of football yet people were oblivious (probably because he's such a good all around kid as I mentioned)

Anyway, hate to call him out but just answering truthfully  (of course I'm assuming you mean overhyped relative to his true ability as a legit top player opposed to how effective he was as a player is HS > if it's the latter forget my post because Fossati would be one of my top choices for HS play)

On 11/2/2018 at 5:36 PM, nptb17 said:

John Brown Lakeland, FL I hyped him up to some friends when they came up to Cincinnati to play St. X.  He was the only Lakeland kid that didn't show up.  He was mauled every snap he played on the defensive line.  Every other Lakeland D1 kid made plays that day.  John Brown wasn't ready to compete and he was exposed.  

Agreed...good inclusion. 

I’d add Henry Poggi. (Gilman) he was pretty hyped, and spent pretty much the entire game against Moeller getting his ass stomped.