Geico Event Q&A December 4 630 CST

PrepGridiron

4 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

I don't think Colquitt should be punished that severely. I still have them in my top 40 (I jumped Milton up there as well). 

I have no idea how Lee Co. will fare against SFA. SFA is hard to read because they didn't play anyone. The only game we all can use is that they were leading St. Joe's Prep in the 3rd quarter I remember correctly? SJP is legit, so I think SFA is also. On the flip side of that, though, is that that 'partial' game was played early on and SFA has played nothing but chumps since then.  

Of course.

This has been the problem for DECADES in polls. 

Go back and look. It's all there. DJ was famious for this but it goes way way back. 

If a team from the south who is highly ranked loses to then they team that won was better than they thought. 

If a team from the northeast loses who is highly ranked than the assumption is they were over ranked. 

You'll see. Milton will move up SUBSTANTIALLY and Colquitt will fall slightly.

The ridiculous part is that it does not take a rocket scientist  to know GA sucks as bad as NJ last year and this. 

21 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Of course.

Go back and look. It's all there. DJ was famious for this but it goes way way back. 

If a team from the south who is highly ranked loses to then they team that won was better than they thought. 

If a team from the northeast loses who is highly ranked than the assumption is they were over ranked. 

The ridiculous part is that it does not take a rocket scientist  to know GA sucks as bad as NJ last year and this. 

Damn, NOR, negativity just overwhelms your personality, doesn’t it? Lol

If you have looked at my poll I have SJR ranked in the 30s AND I kept BC in the top 50 as well. Why you ask? At the end of the season I simply don’t feel that there are more than 50 teams that could beat those two. You say NJ is down, but they are still one of the top 10 states in the country. Records from teams in the BNU tend to throw people off. I’ll take a 2 or 3 loss BNU champ over 80% of the undefeated, fluffed up record toting state champs out there. Same goes for other power states like GA or OH. Of course, TX, CA, and FL would be in that category also. 

19 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I'm over the line? 

Block got banned for a hell a lot less then what Los does daily but Los continues to get immunity from any punishment and the last time anyone tried to cool his jets he bitched to admins and got that person in hot water (you probably remember what I'm referencing)

I just want to understand why anyone sees any value in someone with no credibility like Los and btw don't believe what los says,  he has no firsthand info in programs

He has same info i could get because he isn't inside the building, all his info is second hand information based on him asking someone else inside of other programs even though he tries to pass it off as first hand

What i did might have made me a Dick but at least I'm not a liar like Los 

And i would take dick over liar any day of the week 

Might want to rephrase that brother.  LOS may not have the greatest of deliveries., but the kat does have some HSFB knowledge and is pretty good with hsfb history as well.  If you don't like him, then why not just block him?  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, noonereal said:

Of course.

So this ranking issue is a problem exclusive only to the South?

Talk about Blind...

52 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Might want to rephrase that brother.  LOS may not have the greatest of deliveries., but the kat does have some HSFB knowledge and is pretty good with hsfb history as well.  If you don't like him, then why not just block him?  

Getting inside info from talking to coaches proves nothing 

He claims to know the inside workings of all these programs including STA yet he is not on staff nor does he even live in south florida 

He pretends his info is first hand,  it isn't 

He is getting all second hand information and all his "facts" are completely dependent on whether or not the coaches choose to share truth everytime with a alumni of over a decade ago,  there is no way to know for sure that anything he says is even true

And any moron can read a box score and explain it,  all it shows is his life is so worthless he has enough free time to stay on a computer and read stat columns 

And their is no block feature on this site and the "ignore user" feature doesn't work very effectively because you can still read others post when someone else quotes it and if you type a post and send it in the timeframe that they type and send a post the post by them will show up even if you have them on ignore 

22 hours ago, noonereal said:

Of course.

Yet you cant show this in any way but empty words.

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

HSFA

SFA dropped out of HSFA completely due to SoS.

According to CalPreps its ...

#4 St. Frances Academy vs. #55 Lee Co.

USAT has SFA #5, & Lee Co. Not ranked.

Pretty sure Jeff Fisher said due to the circumstances, they were never going to be ranked. 

The algorithm can't adjust for their lack of games, so it would create a bullshit ranking like CP has. 

Clearly CP needs to rewrite that bullshit lie of an explanation about how starting ratings are gone at any point. They shot their own lie down with the SFA ranking. 

At least Fisher said they'd create some bullshit in the algorithm.

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Pretty sure Jeff Fisher said due to the circumstances, they were never going to be ranked. 

The algorithm can't adjust for their lack of games, so it would create a bullshit ranking like CP has. 

Clearly CP needs to rewrite that bullshit lie of an explanation about how starting ratings are gone at any point. They shot their own lie down with the SFA ranking. 

At least Fisher said they'd create some bullshit in the algorithm.

Ive been telling people since the beginning... The math has NEVER supported starting ratings being erased. They simply become less relevant as games are played.

Essentially if you erase starting ratings, you erase state scaling in a way. And if you erase state scaling your rankings are going to be a mess.

There HAS to be a starting rating/point... Theres simply not enough games played to make a viable ranking without a starting rating.

Maybe if HSFB season was as long as a MLB season... And teams played other teams all over the country, randomly, all year... You could pull it off without a starting point with analgorithm. That might not sound logicial... But math says it is.

11 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Yet you cant show this in any way but empty words.

You have no way to dispute it and i do have BC/Grayson. 😁

Bc lost state in finals to a so-so team, Colquitt lost in finals to a so-so team. 

Both beat Grayson by the same margin. BC put it awat sooner though. Let's hear your nonsense. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You have no way to dispute it and i do have BC/Grayson. 😁

Bc lost state in finals to a so-so team, Colquitt lost in finals to a so-so team. 

Both beat Grayson by the same margin. BC put it awat sooner though. Let's hear your nonsense. 

Colquitt put it away sooner. BC-Grayson wasnt over til about 4 mins left in the 4th. Saying otherwise means you didnt watch it. Which you didnt.

And if all of your logic is based on 1 game.... Wow. 

Milton was much, MUCH better than SJR. Atleast 3+ TDs..

Grayson lost to Lowndes. A team Colquitt also beat by 34. And a team Milton beat.

Using this logic... AHP > All of NJ.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

I say East Coweta > MD/DC...

Since East Coweta beat Marietta by the same margin as St. Johns. And EC put it away sooner.

And EC wasnt very good.

How about this one...MD/DC> GA...

Since SJC and GC were 3-0 vs Ga teams...(SFA-Lee County?)

And the 14u Maryland Heat beat the Atlanta Ducks (rematch tomorrow for the national championship).

If SFA and the Heat win the upcoming games then there can be no doubt...lmao.😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, WCACguy said:

How about this one...MD/DC> GA...

Since SJC and GC were 3-0 vs Ga teams...(SFA-Lee County?)

And the 14u Maryland Heat beat the Atlanta Ducks (rematch tomorrow for the national championship).

If SFA and the Heat win the upcoming games then there can be no doubt...lmao.😜

SJC & GC were 3-0 vs 2 GA teams... Johns Creek and Marietta. 

Both of those teams lost in the 1st round of the playoffs...  To 4-8 East Coweta and 9-3 Harrison. Both of those teams would then lose in the 2nd round.

SFA beating Lee Co. would be more impressive than either of those by far.