Dec 7 1941

HSFBfan

5 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

A day that will live in infamy. RIP to all sailors marines soldiers airmen who lost their lives on that day in pearl harbor hi. RIP to all those who fought for this country in the Pacific and European fronts. #NeverForget 

Have you been to Pearl Harbor? Ifnt, I highly recommend it. You watch film in a theatre of actual footage and then walk out door to where the footage was actually taken. Pretty powerful. 

Our barracks still had holes from the attack when I was stationed at Schofield. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Have you been to Pearl Harbor? Ifnt, I highly recommend it. You watch film in a theatre of actual footage and then walk out door to where the footage was actually taken. Pretty powerful. 

Our barracks still had holes from the attack when I was stationed at Schofield. 

Yes I  have been to pearl harbor. Yes it's a very powerful place. I flew right over the arizona. You can see it just laying there on the bottom of the harbor. A place that every american should see

Not to change subjects but the places on my bucket list are the concentration camps from WW2

• Like 2

Thank You to the "Greatest Generation" who Carried our Country Through the most important Era in the History of the world!... Because of those great people Like My Grandparents and their Sacrifices, Our Country Came out of it the Strongest and Greatest Country in the World!

God Bless America, and God Bless our Soldiers and Sailors!!!!

GO NAVY!

• Like 3

As an American (and Pacific theatre WW2 buff), this day always makes me sad and proud at the same time. I realize what must have been a living hell that day. But then I think about what country became following that fateful day. The deaths and the sacrifices were not in vain. We as Americans should NEVER forget that.

(Hand....Salute)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Thank You to the "Greatest Generation" who Carried our Country Through the most important Era in the History of the world!... Because of those great people Like My Grandparents and their Sacrifices, Our Country Came out of it the Strongest and Greatest Country in the World!

GO NAVY!

My grandfather Pacific theater 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

My grandfather Pacific theater 

Mine as Well! He was a Decorated Fighter Pilot who had 7 Kills and Saved His Wing Mans life when he got shot down.... He never talked about it... After WW2 He Trained Fighter Pilots and also served in Korea.... I am Very Proud of Him... Days like today Make me Emotional Thinking about him!...

Without our Grandfathers, where would we Be!... :) 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Mine as Well! He was a Decorated Fighter Pilot who had 7 Kills and Saved His Wing Mans life when he got shot down.... He never talked about it... After WW2 He Trained Fighter Pilots and also served in Korea.... I am Very Proud of Him... Days like today Make me Emotional Thinking about him!...

Without our Grandfathers, where would we Be!... :) 

I unfortunately only know what's on my grandfather DD 214. He died whe  my dad was 12. It was my dads dad. So unfortunately I dont know of any stories of his time. 

But thats awesome your grandfather. He saved lives by shooting down those planes. 

• Like 3

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I unfortunately only know what's on my grandfather DD 214. He died whe  my dad was 12. It was my dads dad. So unfortunately I dont know of any stories of his time. 

But thats awesome your grandfather. He saved lives by shooting down those planes. 

I am Very Sorry Brother!!!!... They all were so young then and I am Sure they were scared... But they all put it aside and heroically ran into Battle to Defend Their Country and Fellow Man....

God Bless Your Grandfather for what he did for all of us!... Any way you cut it, He is a Hero!... :) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I am Very Sorry Brother!!!!... They all were so young then and I am Sure they were scared... But they all put it aside and heroically ran into Battle to Defend Their Country and Fellow Man....

God Bless Your Grandfather for what he did for all of us!... Any way you cut it, He is a Hero!... :) 

Thank you!!! Yeah I wish I got to meet him. I guess my dad wishes he grew up with his dad. But yes that generation didnt run from anything. They knew the mission and they did what they had to do. And they saved Europe. No matter how many of their brothers died or was wounded next to them they just kept going forward. The absolutely deserve the title.....Greatest Generation

• Like 1

Got these photos from my aunt after my mom died. Never knew they existed. 

Grandfather was a Navy NGLO in the Pacific and was at Iwo. Never once talked to us about it and told us when we asked that he never saw combat. My uncle has his bronze star and 1911 he brought home. He’s the one on the right (left side of flag). 

66457A46-0B01-4742-A310-9B54ED3448DF.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Cossacks said:

Got these photos from my aunt after my mom died. Never knew they existed. 

Grandfather was a Navy NGLO in the Pacific and was at Iwo. Never once talked to us about it and told us when we asked that he never saw combat. My uncle has his bronze star and 1911 he brought home. He’s the one on the right (left side of flag). 

your grandfather is an absolute hero and we salute him. Part of the greatest generation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

GO NAVY!

2C99E889-6F36-40D6-9C55-AEDA3FEFF087.jpeg

• Like 4