Horsehead's revenge....

DBP66

1 hour ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Superficially maybe.  But the devil, as they say, is in the details.  And the details here are quite different.

The SDNY sentencing document suggests that it’s not the campaign finance violation or the ‘simple financial transaction,’ it’s conspiracy to defraud the United States.   In other words, it’s not just the payment itself, it’s the fraud conducted on regulatory bodies designed to ensure transparency – Which is a crime in and of itself, regardless of how serious the campaign finance violation is. 

It's worth noting that DOJ policy (wrongly in my opinion) is to not to indict a sitting president.  Both SDNY and Mueller appear to be following that policy.  But the Trump Organization is not the sitting president, and there are no policies against going after that.  I'm guessing the next charges could be against the Trump org itself (and perhaps one or more of his children).

Please note: This is a real time news story, and there are plenty of clues in both the SDNY and Mueller filings that there is more coming (FWIW, it looks like Mueller may be going to charge similar conspiracy crimes – e.g. hiding the role of the Russians), so I reserve the right to change my mind as we learn more.  For now though, I am asking myself the question ‘how will Individual-1 react if his organization is charged?’  That’s where his ego lies.

Stay tuned.

Best of luck. 👍

2 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Superficially maybe.  But the devil, as they say, is in the details.  And the details here are quite different.

The SDNY sentencing document suggests that it’s not the campaign finance violation or the ‘simple financial transaction,’ it’s conspiracy to defraud the United States.   In other words, it’s not just the payment itself, it’s the fraud conducted on regulatory bodies designed to ensure transparency – Which is a crime in and of itself, regardless of how serious the campaign finance violation is. 

It's worth noting that DOJ policy (wrongly in my opinion) is to not to indict a sitting president.  Both SDNY and Mueller appear to be following that policy.  But the Trump Organization is not the sitting president, and there are no policies against going after that.  I'm guessing the next charges could be against the Trump org itself (and perhaps one or more of his children).

Please note: This is a real time news story, and there are plenty of clues in both the SDNY and Mueller filings that there is more coming (FWIW, it looks like Mueller may be going to charge similar conspiracy crimes – e.g. hiding the role of the Russians), so I reserve the right to change my mind as we learn more.  For now though, I am asking myself the question ‘how will Individual-1 react if his organization is charged?’  That’s where his ego lies.

Stay tuned.

BINGO..great post!..."personal transaction" huh??...what a crock of shit...how many lies did Trump try and tell to and cover his lying ass??..several...because he knew what him-Cohen and Pecker did was illegal...not hard to figure out.

and it is/was all about fraud...look at the timing...one affair was 10 years old yet he pays her off a month before the election?...and the fact that he was able to hide this story from the American public is a crime...

just think if this news broke of him having an affair with a Playboy bunny while his wife was home pregnant on the heels of the "grab em' by the pussy" tape...it could have/would have and should/have effected the election...so he did scam the American public from knowing what a POS person he is...

Horsehead's revenge!.......;)

• Haha 1