Is Texas HIgh School Football Too Big

G0LD$tandard

Much respect for Texas and their football.  

The two main reasons I hear that Texas doesn't go OOS is 1) Lose too much money and 2) the experience is far and above what anybody else would have.  The crowds, band's, local interest etc.  

How much money do these teams make a game?  And if it is so much, shouldn't these schools have the money to travel some or at least once in a while OOS?  

8 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

Much respect for Texas and their football.  

The two main reasons I hear that Texas doesn't go OOS is 1) Lose too much money and 2) the experience is far and above what anybody else would have.  The crowds, band's, local interest etc.  

How much money do these teams make a game?  And if it is so much, shouldn't these schools have the money to travel some or at least once in a while OOS?  

The schools make a lot, but they share with other athletic programs at their schools.  It helps keep things from going to pay to play.  

Coaches don’t make those priorities, the ISD does.  So as an example for Allen, in predistrict they can have all 3 games at home or near-by and maximize profits if they desire, instead of losing revenue to travel far. It really doesn’t make sound financial sense.

58 minutes ago, Texasball said:

You realize that Alabama has West Orange Stark kid starting for them?  Oh and he played class 4A football.

They also have true freshman that is doing some great stuff -  Jaylen Waddle you ever heard of him?

They also have kid from Mansfield Legacy committed right now.

The 17' class had 3 Texas kids.

16' class had 4 TX kids

If you are using gump (aka Alabama) as a benchmark in your sales pitch you do know Louisiana has 6 starters on 2018 gump......6!

Clemson sophomore RB Travis Etienne is from 3A Jennings, La.  IF Clemson wins a national championship you can bet Etienne will have something to do with it.

RUSING YARDS LEADERS - ALL PLAYERS

RK PLAYER TEAM ATT YDS YDS/A LONG TD
1 Travis Etienne, RB CLEM 176 1463 8.3 75 21

"Etienne added to his honors on Wednesday when he was named ACC Player of the Year and Offensive Player of the Year."

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

If you are using gump (aka Alabama) as a benchmark in your sales pitch you do know Louisiana has 6 starters on 2018 gump......6!

Clemson sophomore RB Travis Etienne is from 3A Jennings, La.  IF Clemson wins a national championship you can bet Etienne will have something to do with it.

RUSING YARDS LEADERS - ALL PLAYERS

RK PLAYER TEAM ATT YDS YDS/A LONG TD
1 Travis Etienne, RB CLEM 176 1463 8.3 75 21

"Etienne added to his honors on Wednesday when he was named ACC Player of the Year and Offensive Player of the Year."

😂.   WTH does LA have to do with this discussion?  You're very desperate inserting LA into conversations where they are not the topic. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

😂.   WTH does LA have to do with this discussion?  You're very desperate inserting LA into conversations where they are not the topic. 

.......Louisiana talent is the "benchmark" for Alabama football, that's why I mentioned Louisiana....Florida, and Georgia too.

Grow up, fly. Be better than txball and DD.....if possible.

You texas clowns shit all over yourselves because a WOS player was recruited by gump or whatever.

Get in the real world.

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

.......Louisiana talent is the "benchmark" for Alabama football, that's why I mentioned Louisiana....Florida too.

Grow up, fly. Be better than txball and DD.....if possible.

You texas clowns shit all over yourselves because a WOS player was recruited by gump or whatever.

Get in the real world.

you've been running around popping off and every time I look up you are commenting on something we've said about Texas TO SOMEONE ELSE.  Why are you even in this conversation?  

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

you've been running around popping off and every time I look up you are commenting on something we've said about Texas TO SOMEONE ELSE.  Why are you even in this conversation?  

Because I want to be......why are you in it?

If you three tx clowns continue to post rubbish and garbage I'll always be here.

AND, for the damn record I was talking to someone else......not you!. You are in my conversation and you can leave anytime...You have nothing anyways.

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

If you three tx clowns continue to post rubbish and garbage I'll always be here.

AND, for the damn record I was talking to someone else......not you!. You are in my conversation and you can leave anytime...You have nothing anyways.

You are continuously ignored but butt your little pencil neck into every conversation.  No one gives a damn about LA that's why they never comment in your dumb threads.  But here you are talking LA.  Never mind, you'll go back to being ignored then you, that dipwad Nor and numb nuts Los can circle jerk off with each other.  You won't be missed.  Adios.  

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, RedZone said:

That's the trouble with you "what up texas" crew....you have NO clue what's going on anywhere except what's in your own homer minds and little thread filled with nonsense and rubbish....

Totally not true.  Why wouldn’t Bama have some Louisiana kids they are adjoining states.

We have also seen a lot of great players at LSU from Texas and every where else.

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

What rubbish have we posted in this thread.  We have been talking and discussing Tex football.  You and few other clowns have butted in with all the rubbish talk or this would have been clean thread.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You are continuously ignored but butt your little pencil neck into every conversation.  No one gives a damn about LA that's why they never comment in your dumb threads.  But here you are talking LA.  Never mind, you'll go back to being ignored then you, that dipwad Nor and numb nuts Los can circle jerk off with each other.  You won't be missed.  Adios.  

AND, this is what you bring. Absolutely zero.....

Take your hurt feelings someplace else.

Your boy made a stupid post it was called out and you have nothing but drama again.

If I want Texas info I'll go to Texas 6A Forum like I already do....and read real Texas talk.

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

AND, this is what you bring. Absolutely zero.....

Take your hurt feelings someplace else.

Your boy made a stupid post it was called out and you have nothing but drama again.

If I want Texas info I'll go to Texas 6A Forun like I already do....and read real Texas talk.

You’re too insignificant to affect my feelings.  I don’t care where you go to get information, I don’t care about you at all.    

When we start talking playoffs this weekend keep your little ass out of the thread and go discuss elsewhere.  You will not be missed. Start one of those barn burning threads on Texas, those have been great hits.  😂 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You’re too insignificant to affect my feelings.  I don’t care where you go to get information, I don’t care about you at all.    

When we start talking playoffs this weekend keep your little ass out of the thread and go discuss elsewhere.  You will not be missed. Start one of those barn burning threads on Texas, those have been great hits.  😂 

You ever get tired of making childish posts, fly?

You act like everyone is suppose to bow down to "what up texas"...

Fuck "what up texas"...

You 3 goobers who run that thread have nothing.

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You ever get tired of making childish posts, fly?

You act like everyone is suppose to bow down to "what up texas"...

Fuck "what up texas"...

You 3 goobers who run that thread have nothing.

If you don’t like the thread and don’t think theres any value in it then don’t POST in it.  No one cares what you do, no one cares about YOU.  Can’t be any more clear than that.