Article RIPS Folsom ahead of match up with Cathedral

TheHotisBlock

This is a must read. Much of it quotes the coach from Oceanside who was beat in the 2014 1AA game 68-7. Not really sure how that is relevant in 2018, but hey, I'm all for trash talk! Article states that San Deigo coaches have "banded together" to beat Folsom. 

The coach from Oceanside claims Folsom was "throwing on every down" with a big lead. This is absolutely false, as I will post the box score from that game. 36 passes. 17 runs. 

Let the trolling begin baby! 

https://hs.utpreps.com/news_article/show/976905#nt=oft03a-1la1 

Interesting quotes from article:

“Folsom is the greatest show on turf.”

“That was the best football team I’ve ever coached against"

“Folsom is the most talented team I’ve coached against,” Owens said. “The quarterback is so dynamic. He throws (3,993 yards and 60 TDs) and runs (431 yards and 12 TDs). And the receivers (Elijhah Badger and Joe Ngata, who’s headed to Clemson) are great. They’re loaded with talent."

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, TheHotisBlock said:

You know I've learned something in life. 

You either decide to win and succeed in life. The cost is losing some friends and making some enemies. 

Or you decide to be mediocre and have a bunch of friends. 

Not a lot of in between. 

Yes, but these coaches aren't suggesting that Folsom is not winning, they are suggesting Folsom is embarrassing them in the process, an unnecessary byproduct.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrepGridiron said:

Yes, but these coaches aren't suggesting that Folsom is not winning, they are suggesting Folsom is embarrassing them in the process, an unnecessary byproduct.

Very subjective at best as the article states many falsehoods. I trumped the easiest one with proof in regards to Folsom throwing on every down. I attended that game and watched that same coach keep ALL his starters in and continue to sling the ball around in the 4th quarter, trying to recoup some points. Folsom literally scored on a few long runs and a fumble that was picked up and ran in. Folsom could have scored 100 and played it safe the entire 2nd half. 

They DID try and secure the all time passing record for Browning. If he was upset about that, he shouldn't be coaching. That same coach was pounding teams by 50 and 60 for over a decade. He just couldnt take it when the tables were turned. 

Folsoms starters have rarely played into the 2nd half this year. Central was the first game they played the entire game mostly due to Centrals scoring ability and need to get reps for the SBG. 

Damned if you do, damned if you dont. 

• Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

You know I've learned something in life. 

You either decide to win and succeed in life. The cost is losing some friends and making some enemies. 

Or you decide to be mediocre and have a bunch of friends. 

Not a lot of in between. 

You forgot the route which you took. 

Lose at life and have no friends. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

Very subjective at best as the article states many falsehoods. I trumped the easiest one with proof in regards to Folsom throwing on every down. I attended that game and watched that same coach keep ALL his starters in and continue to sling the ball around in the 4th quarter, trying to recoup some points. Folsom literally scored on a few long runs and a fumble that was picked up and ran in. Folsom could have scored 100 and played it safe the entire 2nd half. 

They DID try and secure the all time passing record for Browning. If he was upset about that, he shouldn't be coaching. That same coach was pounding teams by 50 and 60 for over a decade. He just couldnt take it when the tables were turned. 

Folsoms starters have rarely played into the 2nd half this year. Central was the first game they played the entire game mostly due to Centrals scoring ability and need to get reps for the SBG. 

Damned if you do, damned if you dont. 

You don't have to justify. 

Again, as my first post states, this isn't the first article or the first coach. 

I don't care if Folsom does Folsom, I'm merely pointing out that the coaching community is voicing their antipathy for Folsom's approach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

The 2014 Oceanside game was so bad their coach had to retire. 

This is 100% Untrue, The Great John Carroll Said he was Retiring prior to the season due to health issues... A few years before he got hit in the head in practice while running a drill with the linemen and he suffered from severe headaches, eventually it lead to his Retirement... He was only 57 and wanted to coach longer...

He won 13 section title's in 26 years as their coach and a D2 and D1 SBG and he is in the CA Coaches HOF....

Now you are trying to pump up your team by making fun of and disrespecting a legendary HSFB coach that was a Pillar of his Community, a Class Act, and the most successful coach in SDHSFB History... 

You Folsom Fans are just a Sad Bunch...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

This is 100% Untrue, The Great John Carroll Said he was Retiring prior to the season due to health issues... A few years before he got hit in the head in practice while running a drill with the linemen and he suffered from severe headaches, eventually it lead to his Retirement... He was only 57 and wanted to coach longer...

He won 13 section title's in 26 years as their coach and a D2 and D1 SBG and he is in the CA Coaches HOF....

Now you are trying to pump up your team by making fun of and disrespecting a legendary HSFB coach that was a Pillar of his Community, a Class Act, and the most successful coach in SDHSFB History... 

You Folsom Fans are just a Sad Bunch...

It was a joke you buffoon. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

Folsom was up on Central 77-46 with the ball on the 1 yard line with 2 minutes left in the game. Instead of taking a knee and letting the clock run out, they score to make it 84. Folsom coach is a douche bag just like block.

Hell, maybe he is block

Lmfao you said Central was going to win and was a better team! 

20181213_152049.jpg

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

Folsom was up on Central 77-46 with the ball on the 1 yard line with 2 minutes left in the game. Instead of taking a knee and letting the clock run out, they score to make it 84. Folsom coach is a douche bag just like block.

Hell, maybe he is block

No Kidding, Teams with Class would have Kicked a FG or Taken a Knee....

I Think Folsom was scared, Central had already put up 46 points on that Awful Folsom Defense, so maybe they were concerned that Slow Moving Central caused Folsom to be "Gassed" by all their scoring, and would put up another 30+ points in 2 minutes on that Awful Folsom Defense....

It's Just so Sad That Folsom has to Run Up the Score on the Lower Level teams, These are High School Kids, Not professionals.... Richardson must have a serious inferiority complex to Rub it in the Faces of High School Kids Like that....

The Fact is, Against the only good Team Folsom Played, they Scored 0 and Lost by 2 TD... So I guess they are mad about that and taking it out on all the lower level kids...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

No Kidding, Teams with Class would have Kicked a FG or Taken a Knee....

I Think Folsom was scared, Central had already put up 46 points on that Awful Folsom Defense, so maybe they were concerned that Slow Moving Central caused Folsom to be "Gassed" by all their scoring, and would put up another 30+ points in 2 minutes on that Awful Folsom Defense....

It's Just so Sad That Folsom has to Run Up the Score on the Lower Level teams, These are High School Kids, Not professionals.... Richardson must have a serious inferiority complex to Rub it in the Faces of High School Kids Like that....

The Fact is, Against the only good Team Folsom Played, they Scored 0 and Lost by 2 TD... So I guess they are mad about that and taking it out on all the lower level kids...

Excellent points!

• Like 1

There has been some talk of a God awful defense against central. 

I would just like to mention MD defense giving up 21 to DLS while Folsom only gave up 14. 

Stellar defense. One of the best in CA on display week 0. 84 points in a regional bowl game towards the end. 

Impressive for the #1 public in America!

84 points on the team that throttled Buchanan who DLS struggled with! Getting hot at the right time baby! Who almost loses to a mid level Central valley team! Lol

• Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

There has been some talk of a God awful defense against central. 

I would just like to mention MD defense giving up 21 to DLS while Folsom only gave up 14. 

Stellar defense. One of the best in CA on display week 0. 84 points in a regional bowl game towards the end. 

Impressive for the #1 public in America!

84 points on the team that throttled Buchanan who DLS struggled with! Getting hot at the right time baby! Who almost loses to a mid level Central valley team! Lol

Awful Defense... Awful Fans... Awful Coaching that can't win Big Games against Good teams... Awful QB that got outplayed by a SO Making his 1st start in week 0... Awful Offense that couldn't score any points against the only good team they played and got beat by 2 TD... Awful Blue Turf... Folsom is Just Awful....

But they are GREAT in 1-AA though! AND The have AWESOME Parades and Send Off Parties.... :) :) 

2 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Awful Defense... Awful Fans... Awful Coaching that can't win Big Games against Good teams... Awful QB that got outplayed by a SO Making his 1st start in week 0... Awful Offense that couldn't score any points against the only good team they played and got beat by 2 TD... Awful Blue Turf... Folsom is Just Awful....

But they are GREAT in 1-AA though! AND The have AWESOME Parades and Send Off Parties.... :) :) 

More excellent points!

• Like 1