Geico Bowl Games

ECHS05

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Where is Lee ranked in GA?

And what State Championship did SFA win? 

Uh ... Realistically Lee is probably 6-8... Maybe better maybe worse. Its hard to say bc they havent played the top teams.

Their defense is legit though.

I worry about them being able to score enough on SFA.

Perhaps a 10-7, 7-6 type game?

Impossible to know where Lee stands without them playing Colquitt, Milton, Archer, Lowndes, Walton, Grayson, Hillgrove, Parkview, etc, etc...

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Uh ... Realistically Lee is probably 6-8... Maybe better maybe worse. Its hard to say bc they havent played the top teams.

Are they only ranked below 7A teams? How is this Rashid Ghazi clown not understanding that 6A and 7A are much different animals and they let 2 loss teams in already so there is precedent. Milton deserves to go over Lee. 

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Are they only ranked below 7A teams? How is this Rashid Ghazi clown not understanding that 6A and 7A are much different animals and they let 2 loss teams in already so there is precedent. Milton deserves to go over Lee. 

6A was way below 7A this year. 

Lee dominated for sure... But never played a real top 10 GA team. At CP, Lees best win is #28 in GA, which is Northside-WR.

Milton should definitely be going.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Let it be remembered that we’ve had both the SFA and Lee coach on our Q&A this year. Thanks PGL and shout out @GardenStateBaller

I'm always available.

“We’re not asking you to be perfect on every play.  What we’re asking of you and what you should be asking of each other is to give a perfect effort from snap to whistle.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ohio said:

Why isn't Milton invited?

Because they have two losses. 

I have Lee County as No. 6 in Georgia giving them the benefit of the doubt over a few teams. It’s possible they’re a few places better or worse, but I definitely wouldn’t have them over Colquitt, Milton, Grayson, Archer, and Hillgrove. 

But to someone’s point above, they’re much better than the Valdosta team we sent to Texas. MUCH. 

• Like 1

QUICK CENTENNIAL OVERVIEW

Led by Coach Richard Taylor, who is the only head coach in Centennial history (school opened in 1990).

This year, Centennial had 17 guys named first team all region and another 7 guys 2nd team (region only has 6 teams)

They had 8 guys named first team all conference (5A with about 45 teams)

The AzFCA (Arizona Football Coaches Association) Big 25 Team was announced today which includes all teams in the state. They had 5 of the 25 (names listed below).

RB Tawee Walker (5’10, 200 lb. Sr.), C Carson Keltner (6’2, 285 lb. Sr), DE Connor Knudsen (5’11, 225 lb. Sr), MLB Dylan Wampler (6’1, 220 lb. Sr) and SS Jaydin Young (5’11, 170 lb. Jr)  

Jaydin Young was named Friday Night Fever (AZ HS football TV show) State Defensive Player of the Year (BTW, Jaydin is a junior and his brother Dedrick just finished his career this year at Nebraska as the 5th All Time Leading Tackler in Nebraska Cornhusker history)

Dylan Wampler was named State Defensive Player of the Year by the Arizona Cardinals

DEFENSIVELY

Base 4-3 team but will play some 3-4 or 4-2-5 at times. 

They’ve given up 85 points in their 14 games (6.1 PPG). On the year they gave up 138 yards passing and 65 yards rushing per game (2.98 yards per carry). No team has averaged more than 3.8 yards per carry in any one game. 

66 sacks on the year, led by 18.5 from Connor Knudsen. 18 Interceptions with just 8 passing TD’s allowed.

6 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I have Lee County as No. 6 in Georgia giving them the benefit of the doubt over a few teams. It’s possible they’re a few places better or worse, but I definitely wouldn’t have them over Colquitt, Milton, Grayson, Archer, and Hillgrove. 

Whoa! Number 6!? At least #3. I have them #1 right now, but their shaky performance against N’side leaves some doubt. I’ll give you that. Let’s wait and see how they perform against SFA before we cast any doubt.....