Mater Dei is looking for an away OOS game

Eddyr2

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

We are talking about the 2019 season.  2009 would not be within 10 years.

If you CA teams are so good you should be able to win on the road 

FL has proven many times to be good enough to win OOS games on the road 

CA needs to prove they can beat a good FL team in FL, we ain't that far removed from CA number 2 team in 2017 not being able to beat a Florida team who wasn't even top 10 in the state

57 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Posted this in the "Cali News' thread but thought it would be good to have it have it's own thread

The reigning defending undisputed back to back National champions of the high school football woooooooorld (please read this in Bruce Buffers voice), The Mater Dei Monarchs are currently putting together their 2019 schedule and are looking for an Out Of State road game for next year...B5E34B41-1227-40C4-8599-CC3B4AD399E5.gif.97248152082367b67449a17f3f83a561.gif

So many enticing options. Hopefully it is a top team from Texas, Florida, Georgia, NJ. MD should have lots of open dates since St. Marys and Gorman contracts were 2 years. I’m not sure how long they will continue to have Amat or La Miranda on the schedule either. Hope they could get 2 home and home series with elite OOS teams. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If you CA teams are so good you should be able to win on the road.  We do, more than any other state in relevant games.

FL has proven many times to be good enough to win OOS games on the road. Not Colmubia

CA needs to prove they can beat a good FL team in FL, - WHY? we ain't that far removed from CA number 2 team in 2017 -  not being able to beat a Florida team who wasn't even top 10 in the state

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

What's this?  The world record for random nonsense 

FL has played far better oos games and won then CA, you are full of it

Oh cool, do I look like I care about who we play OOS? Columbia isn't trying to win a fake national title,  state Championship is goal here

Did you not read the clear explanation?  Smh

12 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I thought Saint Thomas would've been the host if they would have won as well.   I was under the impression that the Florida team was hosting if they were a part of the event 

My impression was it would be whoever would be harder logistically to move (which between lakeland and colquitt would probably be colquitt)

56 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Please repost to the Excuse Thread.

MD played the entire game without (2) 4* and still beat DLS.

Heh I don't make excuses for IMG, was answering a question. They can lose every game for all I care.   Just not sure any team's going to want to go play in a place that ejects players that travel all that way for physical play.      

That being said, it looks as if STA has set it all up for MD to come play.   If MD ends up playing something something Colorado or Utah "The Stache" might need to hit up the excuse thread himself lol.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Heh I don't make excuses for IMG, was answering a question. They can lose every game for all I care.   Just not sure any team's going to want to go play in a place that ejects players that travel all that way for physical play.      

That being said, it looks as if STA has set it all up for MD to come play.   If MD ends up playing something something Colorado or Utah "The Stache" might need to hit up the excuse thread himself lol.  

Where did you see that? 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm currently working on a SoCal, Trinity League triple header next September. One of the matchups would be STA vs MD. The games would be played at SJB. 

SFA is also involved. Still seeking a third OOS team. JSerra is the third Trinity team. Stay tuned. 

That would be great. MD and SJB will likely both start next season in top 5. JSerra will be very good too. Maybe somewhere preseason between 20-30. I think they will start season #4 in SoCal behind the usual 3.

is the triple header going to include all Florida schools? It would be nice if the 3 non Cali teams were all from the same state or even the same league

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Right now the likely three OOS teams are STA, SFA and GC. Subject to change as we're still in the infancy stages of this event. 

Is GC going to have a good class coming back? If so, they might give JSerra a decent game. If DeMatha or St. John’s get better recruits maybe one of them instead?