Mater Dei is looking for an away OOS game

Eddyr2

29 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Is GC going to have a good class coming back? If so, they might give JSerra a decent game. If DeMatha or St. John’s get better recruits maybe one of them instead? 

Barring a bunch of transfers GC should be the fourth best team in the WCAC...they lose a lot and were not good without a QB down the stretch. 

59 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Sounds like you didnt watch the game and are just talking shit out of hate again.  No surprise.

I watched part of the game I just don't focus on small stuff unless I have something invested in it

It's hard to watch a game from start to finish when the game starts at fuckin 10:30-11pm and you already saw one game that day

Gonzaga and it’s qb are actually the most interesting team in the WCAC for next year (depending on who DeMatha brings in to coach),  If a third party will sponsor it the game in their North Capitol street stadium would look incredible on television.  Stadium probably only holds 3,000 or so-a third party is necessary.  I know Rollinson would be interested-DC would be attractive for him.

Could you imagine MD in that stadium?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Gonzaga and it’s qb are actually the most interesting team in the WCAC for next year (depending on who DeMatha brings in to coach),  If a third party will sponsor it the game in their North Capitol street stadium would look incredible on television.  Stadium probably only holds 3,000 or so-a third party is necessary.  I know Rollinson would be interested-DC would be attractive for him.

Could you imagine MD in that stadium?

Great looking venue.

43 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

Barring a bunch of transfers GC should be the fourth best team in the WCAC...they lose a lot and were not good without a QB down the stretch. 

Well, if that’s the case, JSerra will thump them since they are projected to be pretty stout next year. I wish SJC or DM could go instead. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Right now the likely three OOS teams are STA, SFA and GC. Subject to change as we're still in the infancy stages of this event. 

How about other teams like Allen or Colquitt?  Would MD be willing to travel to those games?

Plus MC vs MD would be interesting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The state of Ohio is very near and dear to my heart. For every major OOS oppty, I always immediately contact the GCLs plus Eds and Iggys. None has had the urge to go big of late. I'll keep trying though. 

In 93, 94, 95 and ‘96 Mater Dei and St. Ignatius each won two national championships.  I had a friend in Cleveland who knew Iggy’s Chuck Kyle and thought Kyle would play MD but they would have to fly to Ohio.

I called and talked to Bruce Rollinson who answered the phone when I asked for him. I introduced myself:  although I live near D. C.  I had sold rides to Knott’s Berry Farm, knew Orange County well and had even seen MD play several times. I mentioned that a friend of mine (connected to Iggy) and I were wondering if he might have interest in traveling to Cleveland to play them the next year.

His response was interesting.  For him the game was only part of it.  He would take an extra day or two because he wanted his kids to see a city that might have historical significance.  I mentioned Washington, D. C. And DeMatha and he said yes, he might be interested.  I knew Bill McGregor at DeMatha and asked Bill if he would want to host Mater Dei in the D.C. area.  Yes!

For whatever reason, 20 years ago, it didn’t happen. But I’ll bet that Rollinson, close to retirement, would believe it would be a glorious game and city to visit.

There’s also a rumor that Bill might return to DeMatha. Regardless, MD has come to Washington once before to play DM:  1984 when DeMatha (Danny Ferry, Carlton Valentine) ranked #1 by USA Today) played #4 MD at Takoma Academy (with snow falling outside).

When DM resolves it’s new coach GardenStateBaller, I’ll bet if you could find a third party for partial sponsorship  both would play.  DM will be strong next year.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The state of Ohio is very near and dear to my heart. For every major OOS oppty, I always immediately contact the GCLs plus Eds and Iggys. None has had the urge to go big of late. I'll keep trying though. 

Well, no one in OH is going to beat the recruited up all-star teams known as MD and SJB. DLS, Folsom, and Cen10 would, most likely, beat every team in OH as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BigDrop said:

In 93, 94, 95 and ‘96 Mater Dei and St. Ignatius each won two national championships.  I had a friend in Cleveland who knew Iggy’s Chuck Kyle and thought Kyle would play MD but they would have to fly to Ohio.

I called and talked to Bruce Rollinson who answered the phone when I asked for him. I introduced myself:  although I live near D. C.  I had sold rides to Knott’s Berry Farm, knew Orange County well and had even seen MD play several times. I mentioned that a friend of mine (connected to Iggy) and I were wondering if he might have interest in traveling to Cleveland to play them the next year.

His response was interesting.  For him the game was only part of it.  He would take an extra day or two because he wanted his kids to see a city that might have historical significance.  I mentioned Washington, D. C. And DeMatha and he said yes, he might be interested.  I knew Bill McGregor at DeMatha and asked Bill if he would want to host Mater Dei in the D.C. area.  Yes!

For whatever reason, 20 years ago, it didn’t happen. But I’ll bet that Rollinson, close to retirement, would believe it would be a glorious game and city to visit.

There’s also a rumor that Bill might return to DeMatha. Regardless, MD has come to Washington once before to play DM:  1984 when DeMatha (Danny Ferry, Carlton Valentine) ranked #1 by USA Today) played #4 MD at Takoma Academy (with snow falling outside).

When DM resolves it’s new coach GardenStateBaller, I’ll bet if you could find a third party for partial sponsorship  both would play.  DM will be strong next year.

Dematha has a good relationship with Paragon seeing as they been on ESPN multiple times. If there is someone at Dematha still with those strong ties, maybe they can reach out to Paragon and try and organize something. 

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 12:59 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm currently working on a SoCal, Trinity League triple header next September. One of the matchups would be STA vs MD. The games would be played at SJB. 

SFA is also involved. Still seeking a third OOS team. JSerra is the third Trinity team. Stay tuned. 

Will you naming players to be traded as well as recruiting/draft pics at that time ?