TX 6ADII Semis: Longview 45, Tascosa 42 - Final

ECHS05

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

North Shore is making LT look bad.

#1 team in the state or not... LT should be putting up a better fight than this...

I expect Allen vs Duncanville to be much closer.

Card doesn’t distribute the ball like past LT QBs, and the OL is “down” once again. I agree, should be a better showing. 

No. 1 Allen's Texas semifinal opponent Duncanville has allowed 60 points ... all season

https://usatodayhss.com/2018/no-1-allens-texas-semifinal-opponent-duncanville-has-allowed-60-points-all-season

"The Panthers have allowed just 60 combined points all season … in 13 games. That’s an average of 4.6 points per game. By comparison, Allen has scored more than 60 points in a single game three times this year. Duncanville has yet to allow more than 14 points in any game — in a Week 2 48-14 victory against Evangel Christian from Louisiana and in a 30-14 playoff victory against South Grand Prairie — and have shut out six different opponents (6!). "

Just now, noonereal said:

Agree. Now. is LT any good? 

Are they top 25? 

They are good but not as good as NS, clearly. 

To ask if they’re “any good” is ignorant. Of course they’re good, any knowledgeable poster would know that. But North Shore is much better, and they may be better by a good margin over any team in the state.

Another stupid, irrelevant post by you. 

Just now, PrepGridiron said:

LT is not as good as previous years. Not top 25. 

Not even as good as last year’s team, which replaced 18/22 starters from the 2016 team. We knew this all along though, struggling with Martin a bit, losing big to Westlake, and not completely dominating inferior district competition as they should. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Are you watching the same game I am? NS is dominating a T100 team in every way and phase. NS, or whomever the TX 6A undefeated champ turns out to be, should earn the 2018 MNC. Can't have a Hsfb MNC with a loss. Just can't. 

And let's not forget about SFA if they dominate Lee. 

He probably is, but has no idea what he’s watching. 

57 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

LT is not as good as previous years. Not top 25. 

So then does that make a difference in how easily NS handles them? 

I see contradiction after contradiction in TX. 

LT is not a top 50 school nationally but they are playing for the state title in the best state in the country???? 

See what I mean? 

And now  @GardenStateBaller  wants them to be #1 in the country? 

Yeah, I know he's got a "motive" for saying that but even the suggestion is ridiculous. Yet just by saying it he creates a "bump" for them in the minds of the masses here. I don't know what is wrong with that boy lately! . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ohio said:

They have to get past Duncanville first.  Not an easy win for them, but you never know.

An interesting matchup in this game is Allen's rushing game vs Duncanville's rush defense. 

Allen averages 296 yards rushing a game and Duncanville allows an average of 23yds rushing a game. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

So then does that make a difference in how easily NS handles them? 

I see contradiction after contradiction in TX. 

LT is not a top 50 school nationally but they are playing for the state title in the best state in the country???? 

See what I mean? 

And now  @GardenStateBaller  wants them to be #1 in the country? 

Yeah, I know he's got a "motive" for saying that but even the suggestion is ridiculous. Yet just by saying it he creates a "bum" for them in the minds of the masses here. I don't know what is wrong with that boy lately! . 

LT probably is probably a 50-75 team... Dominating them like this is something only a top 5-10 team could do.