Saguaro or Chandler in Geico SC Bowl?

ECHS05

Arizonians... which team do you believe will be chosen to represent Arizona in the Geico State Champions Bowl???

Chandler is playing lights out right now, but they have 2 losses... although they just avenged 1 vs MP. 

Saguaro is the undefeated 4A champ..

Who do you guys think will go to the Geico State Champions Bowl in Frisco, TX?

Not sure how they are going to decide this? Is it maxpreps ratings for Az.? I would have Saguaro rated #1 in a final Az poll but Chandler is a 6A school vs Saguaro a 4A school and Chandler has more depth although Saguaro extremely talented. Whether Chandler could beat Saguaro is something we'll never know. 

53 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Not sure which ranking theyll use but I thought it was which ever Champion was ranked higher at USAToday by years end.

USAT computer had Chandler #20 and Saguaro #23 before yesterdays game. calpreps has Chandler #10 and Saguaro #30. Maxpreps has Chandler #1 and Saguaro #2 after yesterdays games.

1 hour ago, ATLien12x said:

Grayson would beat AHP soundly 

I agree. AHP should of lost to Cardinal Gobbons in the 2nd round, escaping 10-7. Gibbons dominated that game 

AHP hasn't really impressed. Aquinas I believe would be the only team that could compete with Grayson this year from FL. 

Hopefully Aquinas accepts and plays the AZ or UT team

10 hours ago, Hawaii2Gorman said:

I hope STA wins out and accepts invite to play. They're a very good team with amazing depth and talent. We had a great game with them, and I hope we can play them next year in Florida. In my opinion, they would give any team a run for there money, and my money would be on STA!

Aquinas.jpg

Welcome to the board! 

We might need you to explain "the Ninth Island" to people in the future. Please stick around. 

It's official. Chandler going to represent Az. in Dallas. Chandler chosen over Saguaro because of a higher USAT computer ranking as per the Az Republic.

Final Az rankings as per azcentral.com:

1. Chandler (12-2)

2. Saguaro (14-0)

3. Mountain Pointe (13-1)

4. Williams Field (14-0)

5. Centennial (12-2)

6. Perry (11-2)

7. Red Mtn (8-5)

8. Desert Edge (10-2)

9. Skyline (9-2)

10. Cienega (12-1)

• Like 1

On November 29, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Nolebull813 said:

Man if Aquinas doesn't accept, and AHP already saying most likely it's a no go, Florida will be sending their 3rd-5th best State Champ while then other states are sending their number 1 overall team. 

True but Carol City would represent well.  They can play with anyone including STA imo.   Right now i wouldnt hesitate to take them over AHP.   Just my opinion.