Final Polls of 2018 (2018-12-27)

dntn31

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTfMyz4JiUv8IYLAjMnqT_E-KAGPxHUkHEu5HvEhSY8UZ9nM3As8r8PzFxQ4OB9Svvw0TcJVtqpCTT_/pubhtml

MNCs

Mater Dei: Massey, CalPreps,  HSFBA, USAToday
North Shore: MaxPreps, PrepForce, PrepNation

Top 10 Comp:

1. Mater Dei (172)
2. North Shore (164)
3. SJB (163)
4. IMG (151)
5. Duncanville (119)
6. DLS (118)
7. St. Frances (115)
8. Hoban (97)
9. St. Louis (96)
10. Warren Central (91)

• Thanks 6

1 hour ago, dntn31 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTfMyz4JiUv8IYLAjMnqT_E-KAGPxHUkHEu5HvEhSY8UZ9nM3As8r8PzFxQ4OB9Svvw0TcJVtqpCTT_/pubhtml

MNCs

Mater Dei: Massey, CalPreps,  HSFBA, USAToday
North Shore: MaxPreps, PrepForce, PrepNation

for the MD faithful, USAT is the only poll they care about since the MNCs in the 90's were from them.

Congrats to North Shore for having a hell of a season. they deserve all they got. 

Don't mind the split, MD will be going for a #3peat next year...

#3stipe3peat

• Haha 1

Is it just me, or did the human polls get hella excited and emotional after watching the clip of how NS pulled out the miracle of miracles to win, then dropping MD from their top spot?  Thats all I read in the articles in prepnation and maxpreps and prepforce.  How NS won by a miracle in what was an exciting ending to their game!!!!  Which, yes it was a great game to watch.  I as well enjoyed it.  Maybe they got a tad over excited?  Just sayin.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Is it just me, or did the human polls get hella excited and emotional after watching the clip of how NS pulled out the miracle of miracles to win, then dropping MD from their top spot?  Thats all I read in the articles in prepnation and maxpreps and prepforce.  How NS won by a miracle in what was an exciting ending to their game!!!!  Which, yes it was a great game to watch.  I as well enjoyed it.  Maybe they got a tad over excited?  Just sayin.

Agreed, all it showed was how close DV kept the game and NS wasn’t a better team, they only edge out the win in the last 3 secs with a Hail Mary. I watch the entire game both teams were good. Human polls let their emotion of the game get the better of them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crafty Creator said:

Agreed, all it showed was how close DV kept the game and NS wasn’t a better team, they only edge out the win in the last 3 secs with a Hail Mary. I watch the entire game both teams were good. Human polls let their emotion of the game get the better of them.

Agreed 100%  I watched on the youtube hook up someone gave us on the game thread here.  I honestly thought DVille was the better team.  Just came up on the wrong end of a play that works 1 out of 100 times.  That's football.  The best team does not always win.  Sometimes its better to be lucky that good and all them other cliches. 

• Like 1

As a human without a poll, I may have both North Shore and Duncanville ahead of Mater Dei in my poll.

I find difficulty seeing the logic of the polls usually. 

Duncanville was one, knock down a hail mary pass away from being the first place team from Texas. 

If Mater Dei is behind Northshore, how is Duncanville and Mater Dei not a tie for second or whatever? 

Is North Shore ahead of Mater Dei because the pollster thinks they'd beat them? Or is it because they think the playoff run was tougher? 

What is the logic behind this? The problem with the polls is the logic appears to change with the team or region all inside the same poll 

23 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

for the MD faithful, USAT is the only poll they care about since the MNCs in the 90's were from them.

Congrats to North Shore for having a hell of a season. they deserve all they got. 

Don't mind the split, MD will be going for a #3peat next year...

#3stipe3peat

DLS has been named MNC 13x since ‘94, the year MD and DLS split their first each 

the only ones that you can find “displayed” anywhere in campus is a USAT MNC banner in gym 

USAT easily is least competent poll AND most prized 

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

DLS has been named MNC 13x since ‘94, the year MD and DLS split their first each 

the only ones that you can find “displayed” anywhere in campus is a USAT MNC banner in gym 

USAT easily is least competent poll AND most prized 

USAT is the oldest current poll and is the most prestigious...

to the average person “MaxPreps National Championship” sounds like a video game and all the rest have no gravitas

22 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

USAT lost all credibility in 2010 when they picked SP over STA. Rep-wise it's never been the same poll since. Only lazy, uninformed, fair-weather fans refer to it. 

Both teams had great seasons. Congrats!! 

Jamie DeMoney from PN will be one of our Q&A guests very soon. 

DLS clearly a better choice than SP that year and probably STA as well on the strength of beating a top 5 (consensus) team with a running click by halftime in championship game 

here’s how it went down

1) Trinity (TX) loses to Pearland in 6A1 championship 

2). SP (seasonnhad been complete for 2-3 weeks)

3) DLS (beat #4 servite 48-8 very generously) 

Result:  drop trinity and move everyone else up by 1 

btw- other better choices than SP — St Ed’s and dBP

Just now, Eddyr2 said:

USAT is the oldest current poll and is the most prestigious...

to the average person “MaxPreps National Championship” sounds like a video game and all the rest have no gravitas

Exactly 

whenever I talk to my dad about hsfb and he asks where someone is ranked, I know he means at USAT and if I offer anything else, he gives me that once-over that says “you look a lot like the mailman”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Champa said:

NS/Dville game can be seen on You Tube. I don't buy that Dville was the better team. They were very lucky not to be down 36 - 20 at the half. Might have been a different ballgame if that TD wasn't called back on NS.

The only reason the game was close was that the North Shore coach put the offense into run the clock mode in the 3rd Q which allowed Duncanville to catch up. He did the same thing in the Lake Travis game, and it worked fine there because North Shore was by far the better team. Duncanville was closer to North Shore's level and it was a mistake to do it against them.

On 12/28/2018 at 2:18 PM, TigerHat said:

The only reason the game was close was that the North Shore coach put the offense into run the clock mode in the 3rd Q which allowed Duncanville to catch up. He did the same thing in the Lake Travis game, and it worked fine there because North Shore was by far the better team. Duncanville was closer to North Shore's level and it was a mistake to do it against them.

Lol,  it couldn't be the 400+ rushing yards Duncanville had huh?

• dntn31 unpinned this topic