Coach Clack Q&A

PrepGridiron

Hi Everyone,

Coach Clack will be joining us today at 12PM EDT

First, we'd like to welcome Coach Clack to Prepgridiron.com.

Coach Adam Clack is the coach at Milton (Georgia). With his win last month over Colquitt County, Coach Clack secured his and Milton's first State Championship. Coach Clack just completed his second season at Milton and it was a memorable one. In addition to winning a championship in the state's highest class, Milton also handily defeated Florida 5A Champion and nationally ranked Cardinal Gibbons in the Freedom Bowl hosted by Milton. Overall Coach Clack is 42-17 as a head coach. Prior to joining the Milton staff in 2017, Coach Clack was the head coach at West Forsyth where he helped start the program before becoming its head coach in 2014. Coach Clack also had coaching stints at Southeast Bulloch and South Forsyth and played his high school football in Georgia. 

In collaboration with PrepGridiron Logistics, coach has been kind enough to give us some of his time and answer several questions posed by the members of this board. As we have done in the past, we will be asking coach the questions and he will be responding in the thread. We will be asking coach five questions and expect to open up the floor to members. Feel free to respond and ask questions, note, however, that it will be at Coach's discretion whether he responds further. Lastly, we ask that you keep your responses civil and on topic. The thread will be heavily moderated so that we can encourage other coaches to come on in the future. Thanks again, Coach, and everyone enjoy. 

The first question will be asked at 12PM EDT

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Hi Everyone,

Coach Clack will be joining us today at 12PM EDT

First, we'd like to welcome Coach Clack to Prepgridiron.com.

Coach Adam Clack is the coach at Milton (Georgia). With his win last month over Colquitt County, Coach Clack secured his and Milton's first State Championship. Coach Clack just completed his second season at Milton and it was a memorable one. In addition to winning a championship in the state's highest class, Milton also handily defeated Florida 5A Champion and nationally ranked Cardinal Gibbons in the Freedom Bowl hosted by Milton. Overall Coach Clack is 42-17 as a head coach. Prior to joining the Milton staff in 2017, Coach Clack was the head coach at West Forsyth where he helped start the program before becoming its head coach in 2014. Coach Clack also had coaching stints at Southeast Bulloch and South Forsyth and played his high school football in Georgia. 

In collaboration with PrepGridiron Logistics, coach has been kind enough to give us some of his time and answer several questions posed by the members of this board. As we have done in the past, we will be asking coach the questions and he will be responding in the thread. We will be asking coach five questions and expect to open up the floor to members. Feel free to respond and ask questions, note, however, that it will be at Coach's discretion whether he responds further. Lastly, we ask that you keep your responses civil and on topic. The thread will be heavily moderated so that we can encourage other coaches to come on in the future. Thanks again, Coach, and everyone enjoy. 

The first question will be asked at 12PM EDT

I thought it was at 3pm?

• Thanks 1

Welcome Coach and thank you for coming. Not a question, but a statement. I’ll go on record and say I did not expect a Milton championship in 2018, but came away impressed with your program the last few years. I’m not sure what y’all have coming back, but I’m sure we don’t have to tell you success sells. Starting and finishing in Atlanta with wins over Archer and Colquitt. Impressive season I’m sure you’ll never forget  

Congratulations 

We knew coming into the season that we had a shot to be pretty good. I felt like having Jordan Yates coming back at QB at least gave us a shot to stay with most teams, and I knew we had good weapons outside. We knew we had playmakers on defense, but we had to rebuild both fronts and replace 1200 yards of offense at the RB position....

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

After beating a REALLY good Archer team in week 1 we had a good feeling that we were on the right track, but you also have to realize that it’s just week 1, and championship caliber teams will improve as the season goes, and who knows if that was even their A game. But when we beat Cardinal Gibbons as convincingly as we did in week 3, I really got the feeling that if we stayed healthy and continued to improve we had a shot against anyone.

• Like 3

We had a lot of tremendous seniors this season that will be extremely hard to replace (always difficult to replace a 3 year starter at QB). But, I am very excited that we will be returning 4 of our offensive linemen, and our starting H-Back. On defense, we return 3 starters on the defensive line, a middle linebacker and our Bandit (nickel safety)....

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Offense

-Paul Tchio, Guard,  6’5, 300 lbs. Committed to Clemson. He also plays some DT for us

-Anthony Minella, Center, 6’1 260 lbs

-Alec Hutchinson, Guard, 6’0, 240 lbs

-Jonathan Pittman, Right Tackle, 6’2, 240 lbs. He could move to the DL and/or some TE next season

-Jack Nickle, H-Back, 6’4, 240 lbs. He started this season as a Freshmen. Will be able to play some DL next season as well

• Like 3

Defense

-Zander Barnette, DE, 6’3, 220 lbs. Led the team with 22 TFLs and 12 sacks

-Marcos Rangel, DE, 6’3, 220 lbs

-Conner Gay, DT, 6’2, 230 lbs. Started this season as a sophomore. Could play some OL next season as well

Stephen Michaels, ILB, 6’1, 200 lbs

Jack Rhodes, ATH, 6’1, 180 lbs. Has played safety, olb, ILB, WR, RB, and Wild Cat QB

So, we will have a good foundation to build with, especially up the middle. It will be up to some young guys to step up and compete to round out the rest of our squad next year.

• Like 3

Just now, Coach Clack said:

After beating a REALLY good Archer team in week 1 we had a good feeling that we were on the right track, but you also have to realize that it’s just week 1, and championship caliber teams will improve as the season goes, and who knows if that was even their A game. But when we beat Cardinal Gibbons as convincingly as we did in week 3, I really got the feeling that if we stayed healthy and continued to improve we had a shot against anyone.

A little off script but did the losses give you pause in that belief?

• Like 2

Sorry guys, the replies are coming in slow .... the losses never really hurt our belief because of the way the kids battled and the way we responded. plus both teams were really good and we lost in dramatic fashion

No worries and thanks coach. Question 3

If invited to the Geico Bowl, would you have accepted?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

That’s difficult to say. Hypothetically, that is something that we would LOVE the opportunity to do … this season, however, it might have been difficult due to the emotional high of winning a championship for the first time in school history, and doing so in such dramatic fashion…I am not sure if we would have been ready to regroup and get back after it. But I would never bet against this team!

• Like 2

That’s difficult to say. Hypothetically, that is something that we would LOVE the opportunity to do … this season, however, it might have been difficult due to the emotional high of winning a championship for the first time in school history, and doing so in such dramatic fashion…I am not sure if we would have been ready to regroup and get back after it. But I would never bet against this team!

I appreciate the candidness of that answer. 

Question 4

How has your experience with the Freedom Bowl been to date?

• Like 1

The Freedom Bowl was a fantastic experience. Being able to host something like that, with all the patriotic symbolism that it stands for, and then being able to defeat a great opponent like Gibbons will always be a special memory. I have a lot of respect for Dave Menard (Founder and CEO of the Freedom Bowl) and I believe in what he is trying to do. We hope to help the Freedom Bowl grow, and continue to host it right here in Milton for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2