Coach Clack Q&A

PrepGridiron

Just now, Coach Clack said:

The Freedom Bowl was a fantastic experience. Being able to host something like that, with all the patriotic symbolism that it stands for, and then being able to defeat a great opponent like Gibbons will always be a special memory. I have a lot of respect for Dave Menard (Founder and CEO of the Freedom Bowl) and I believe in what he is trying to do. We hope to help the Freedom Bowl grow, and continue to host it right here in Milton for the foreseeable future.

We as HSFB fans hope so too. 

Last question as it seems people are eager to ask questions:

What’s the long-term vision for your program?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I really feel we are just getting started. My vision for Milton Football was be relevant and considered as one of the best programs in GA within 3 years. But ultimately, we want to be considered as one of the premiere programs in the country. Maybe we weren’t quite ready for the GEICO Bowl this year, but in years to come we want to continue to raise the bar so that we will be ready if that opportunity should arise. At the end of the day we want to play at a level that will help us create once in a lifetime opportunities for our players and fans, which will then help us maximize the lessons and values this great game has to offer.

• Like 5

First I would like to congratulate you on winning the state championship, I watched that game on TV and the lowndes game the week earlier and was impressed by what I saw both times 

I was surprised with how decisively you all defeated a solid Cardinal gibbons team who would eventually win state in FL

My question is this, could we see more games vs FL powers in the coming future and perhaps even a home and home with one of those said powers? I'm not sure how funding for travel works at Milton so I don't know if that would be possible but it would be cool to see for us crazy fanatics on here

Also if there was a specific team from FL you would want to eventually have scheduled who would it be?

• Like 1

We never looked at Colquitt as an upset, first and foremost. We had a plan to attack them for 48 minutes and not back down to the "name". We had great team speed on defense and we played well in the Red Zone all year. We knew if we could get drives sustained utilizing our QBs legs that would open them up ... 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

First I would like to congratulate you on winning the state championship, I watched that game on TV and the lowndes game the week earlier and was impressed by what I saw both times 

I was surprised with how decisively you all defeated a solid Cardinal gibbons team who would eventually win state in FL

My question is this, could we see more games vs FL powers in the coming future and perhaps even a home and home with one of those said powers? I'm not sure how funding for travel works at Milton so I don't know if that would be possible but it would be cool to see for us crazy fanatics on here

Also if there was a specific team from FL you would want to eventually have scheduled who would it be?

Sorry to interrupt flow but I was bumping this in case it got lost in the thread

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coach Clack said:

Again, we would love to travel for the experience. My fans, coaches and players want to see what it's like in other great states. Of course, you have to be smart and not jeopardize your season by point too much strain on yourself at the wrong time

That is very true

Balance seems to be the key, it can hurt to play a schedule that is too soft but it could also do even more damage to play one too strong

• Like 1