PrepForce Q&A Round 2

PrepGridiron

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That was short, and painful. Hahaha

I want to expand on  the question line if you don't mind...

Had Colquitt won over Milton, and then went on to win over SFA in the GEICO game, would the consideration have been longer than that short "No."?

They would've not been ranked ahead of either of the final 2 Texas teams.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I guess this is me asking...

How valuable ia this GEICO series in the polls? Or at least the Prepforce poll 

I love the idea of the GEICO games and they should be commended for putting that event on. I would've loved to have seen different matchups this year but so many teams declined. For instance I wish St. Louis hadn't declined although I understand why they did. I think some people write off Hawaii because of past history. Anyone paying attention to college football should know Hawaii is producing big time. I also wish the Central/ Carol City combo wouldn't have wrecked each other. Personally I was hoping for a MC/CC/Lakeland vs SFA game. 

The games this year did have an effect on the poll. I had Oaks Christian in and then dropped them and then put them back in the final after EC's impressive win. If SFA would've lost to Lee County they would not have been ranked at all.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

You had several teams in Florida ranked high including Carol City, Central and STA (all of whom didn't win their state championship) as well as Lakeland. What made you so high on FL this year? 

Like I said in one of my previous answers I could understand people having MC/CC/SJC lower but I cant see really breaking them up too much. I guess it comes down do you think the WCAC and FL 16-6 were good. Them plus STA were all intertwined. When I watched those teams I thought they were some of the best in the country. Gun to head I think CC was actually the best team in Florida. Their first game vs Central was very impressive. They just fell victim like many teams this year to the revenge game. Then MC has the let down and played a MNW team they likely overlooked because they had the losses. The MNW team then rolls to the title.

On a side note I still cant believe they broke up that district.

• Like 3

I know @PrepForce had a hard stop. I don't know if he needed to cut out, but I know there weren't a few questions answered. Hopefully, he can come on and get back to those. We'd like to thank him again for making his time available to answer our questions about his poll. As Hawg said, we respect him for doing that. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

I know there was discussions about Folsom in your last Q&A, but Folsom didn't make it into your final poll - do you really think Oaks Christian is better? 

Last answer for the night as I have to run but I will check back later.

Ah the great PrepGridiron Folsom question. Folsom sent the whole thread into a spiral last year. Where is that guy lol.

As for Folsom they looked great as long as the other team had no defense. They played two real games all year got blanked in one and needed OT for the other. They need to show much better against Cathedral Catholic to earn a ranking. I think CC is a fine team but they squeeked one out over Narbonne. St. Louis took Narbonne to the woodshed albeit not at full strength Ill admit. When it was all said and done and the title games had been played I just didn't think NorCal outside of DLS was all that strong this year. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PrepForce said:

Last answer for the night as I have to run but I will check back later.

Ah the great PrepGridiron Folsom question. Folsom sent the whole thread into a spiral last year. Where is that guy lol.

As for Folsom they looked great as long as the other team had no defense. They played two real games all year got blanked in one and needed OT for the other. They need to show much better against Cathedral Catholic to earn a ranking. I think CC is a fine team but they squeeked one out over Narbonne. St. Louis took Narbonne to the woodshed albeit not at full strength Ill admit. When it was all said and done and the title games had been played I just didn't think NorCal outside of DLS was all that strong this year. 

Exactly why the devil was Tier 4 @Pops

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

IMO this was one of the best Q&A of all time.

We should ask if he's willing to come on here once a month during the season so we can challenge his rankings.  He actually had some coherent and well thought out reasoning for his rankings.

Then maybe he should replace you ... 😎

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Exactly why the devil was Tier 4 @Pops

This guy is lost on rankings — the onlybpoll ive seen that makes USAT look good 

Not worth debating Folosm and who he considers relevant but personally I’m wondering why Cathedral is relevant and chaminade isn’t considering they were the sexy pick for socal #4 in offseason, gave SJB a better game than anyone last year, and pushed your actual socal #4 TWICE — only reason they’re not relevant is either Folsom was up on the by about 70 at half or this guy just didn’t have any space for nationally elite west coast schools in his very biased regional rankings 

Did we include him in the comp just because he organized the pick ‘em?  I’d rather have Omaha or whiteshoes, who are both way more objective and informed 

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Pops said:

Not worth debating Folosm and who he considers relevant but personally I’m wondering why Cathedral is relevant and chaminade isn’t considering they were the sexy pick for socal #4 in offseason, gave SJB a better game than anyone last year, and pushed your actual socal #4 TWICE — only reason they’re not relevant is either Folsom was up on the by about 70 at half or this guy just didn’t have any space for nationally elite west coast schools in his very biased regional rankings 

Did we include him in the comp just because he organized the pick ‘em?  I’d rather have Omaha or whiteshoes, who are both way more objective and informed 

Clearly you just want him to include all the Cali schools as possible? 

The preseason CP and other polls were shit to start this year. Out of over 15k football playing high schools we have to have 10+ Cali schools in the poll or suddenly it's a biased regional ranking. Hahaha. Yall fellas are full of it, just like the preseason polls were this year. 

Hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

IMO this was one of the best Q&A of all time.

We should ask if he's willing to come on here once a month during the season so we can challenge his rankings.  He actually had some coherent and well thought out reasoning for his rankings.

Agreed.  My favorite was his take on colcuts. 

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

When's the draft for rising 8th graders, for the privates..... Serious question.

Are ya'll gonna post the who's who and where?

Will it be an formal affair?

Media credentialed, etc.,.

Asking for a friend I barely like.

BGW

Can't be stealing my closing line too!!  its trademarked!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Pops said:

LOL he said offseason (preseason) isn't that funny. Chaminade lost by a combine 53-20 to Oaks how is that pushing them. You know who got pushed? Folsom by a Cathedral team that was nowhere near my Top 25. I said they were a fine team and they are one that would've easily handled Chaminade like 7 other teams this year. Slow down the train on an OT win over them being one that should land you in the top 25 teams in the country. Imagine if SoCal sent their 2nd hell 5th best best team to the 1-AA bowl game. The Folsom or in this case NorCal defenders are a fickle bunch on here.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3