PrepForce Q&A Round 2

PrepGridiron

3 hours ago, PrepForce said:

LOL he said offseason (preseason) isn't that funny. Chaminade lost by a combine 53-20 to Oaks how is that pushing them. You know who got pushed? Folsom by a Cathedral team that was nowhere near my Top 25. I said they were a fine team and they are one that would've easily handled Chaminade like 7 other teams this year. Slow down the train on an OT win over them being one that should land you in the top 25 teams in the country. Imagine if SoCal sent their 2nd hell 5th best best team to the 1-AA bowl game. The Folsom or in this case NorCal defenders are a fickle bunch on here.

" pops just got her lunch money stolen "

• Haha 4

On 1/3/2019 at 7:36 PM, PrepGridiron said:

You were lower than most on Hoban. Any reason why?

Don’t believe I saw a response to this from

@PrepForce

Also a secondary question pertaining to Ohio’ s D1 champ St Edward.

you mentioned after they beat Colerain a team in your top 25 that they were not in your top 25 yet. The season ended and a couple teams above lost and yet they did not end in your top 25. 

Now we know your thoughts on Calpreps but according to them they beat 6 of their top 100. 

64k question, thoughts on Ohio this year?

thanks

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Don’t believe I saw a response to this from

@PrepForce

Also a secondary question pertaining to Ohio’ s D1 champ St Edward.

you mentioned after they beat Colerain a team in your top 25 that they were not in your top 25 yet. The season ended and a couple teams above lost and yet they did not end in your top 25. 

Now we know your thoughts on Calpreps but according to them they beat 6 of their top 100. 

64k question, thoughts on Ohio this year?

thanks

Sorry I missed this one. I guess you could see I was a little down on Ohio this year mainly more so Division I. I was likely the last poll to rank Colerain because I wasn't impressed. I knew St. X wasn't that good and they gave them all they could handle. It got to the point where I was like is there really not a DI team that is worth being ranked so I put them in. I have a lot of respect for Ohio. I know some polls put St. Edward in after the title but I could never get past the 1st two games. I know teams get better throughout the year but losing to Cass Tech at home, I know it was a ridiculous Hail Mary, just can't happen. If the Technicians would've rolled through Michigan maybe I give them the benefit of the doubt but they got blown out early in the playoffs by a team that then got blown out themselves the next week. Gun to head if St. Ed's and Hoban play the week after the title games I choose St. Ed's but I don't think they were clearly better. It goes back to not earning the ranking.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Clearly you just want him to include all the Cali schools as possible? 

The preseason CP and other polls were shit to start this year. Out of over 15k football playing high schools we have to have 10+ Cali schools in the poll or suddenly it's a biased regional ranking. Hahaha. Yall fellas are full of it, just like the preseason polls were this year. 

Hahaha.

I think CA is overindexed at the top 25 level of elite because of their size, and liberal rules that allow the development of academy esque schools 

CP wasn’t that far off from every national ranking this year — had Folsom higher (correct) and also had Oaks (hard no) and JSerra (one of those maybe type of teams that GA had a lot of this year 

5 hours ago, PrepForce said:

LOL he said offseason (preseason) isn't that funny. Chaminade lost by a combine 53-20 to Oaks how is that pushing them. You know who got pushed? Folsom by a Cathedral team that was nowhere near my Top 25. I said they were a fine team and they are one that would've easily handled Chaminade like 7 other teams this year. Slow down the train on an OT win over them being one that should land you in the top 25 teams in the country. Imagine if SoCal sent their 2nd hell 5th best best team to the 1-AA bowl game. The Folsom or in this case NorCal defenders are a fickle bunch on here.

Well, first you have to understand oaks and chamindade played twice — it’s a bit disingenuous to combine the margins without the reference, so split em in half and it’s 16.5, one game was a bit more and one game was a bit less — so yes, Oaks was pushed twice by a team that Folsom was up on; oaks had their starters in on the last series in both games 

on the other hand, Folsom pulled theirs before scoring 56 in the first half 

you see what you want to see and justify however you want 

lets look at your outliers from the comp polls:

1). Miami Central at #6 — are you kidding me?  They lost 3 games including Northwestern.  Best win was v STA?  They didn’t get past the quarterfinals in a state with a very watered down playoff system.  They just finished inside top 25 in comp poll.  They’re unranked in 4 if 6 othernpills snd you have them at #6.  It’s clear at this point where the fix is in but if we needed confirmation......

2). #7 Carol City.  I was perfectlybreceptive to them earlier after they beat Central but then they lost rob central in an early round in a state with a half dozen relevant playoffs, so no, that’s nowhere near a top 10 resume.   They’re not ranked in 5 of 6 other comp polls.   Central was the only relevant team they played and would be happy to compare this schedule to folsom’s 

3). STA at #15 — onlybpill they’re ranked in.

4). Dematha at #21 — only poll they’re ranked in and only because they lost to STA — otherwise, they’re average 8-3 team that lost to all the relevant teams they played — not ranked anywhere else, doubt they were considered anywhere else.

5). Lakeland at #9, higher than any other poll.

i see a trend that shows a product of someone with a very parochial perspective  — didn’t mean to critique personally but am not a fan of the product.  Do appreciate you putting out a poll and defending it to the mob

On 1/3/2019 at 4:09 PM, PrepForce said:

There was something I just couldn't get past. I talked to other respected people and asked a simple question. If Mater Dei played St. John Bosco and IMG again on a neutral field where it wasn't 1:30 AM EST during crunch time would Mater Dei win both games. Nobody I talked to thought they would and I agree.  The Monarchs earned the right to be ranked in the final poll above those two but I am not sure they were better. How could I give a national title to a team that given that. Based on all that North Shore was an easy lose no sleep choice. If Duncanville would've won then it becomes much harder because of the schedule but I am not sure I could've got past the reason above for MD. 

Did you ask yourself these questions? 

1. If NS plays Duncanville 3 different times, do they catch a miracle Hail Mary to win the game and National title all 3 times? 

2 If NS played SJB x2, IMG, Cen-10, DLS, and or MD, do they run the table and win National title? 

Or 

If MD-SJB-IMG had NS schedule, do they run the table ? 

Not a fan of MD, just asking for Eddy.... 

12E91F08-9292-4AB3-9495-26016B73EE92.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, NorCalRuss said:

Did you ask yourself these questions? 

1. If NS plays Duncanville 3 different times, do they catch a miracle Hail Mary to win the game and National title all 3 times? 

2 If NS played SJB x2, IMG, Cen-10, DLS, and or MD, do they run the table and win National title? 

Or 

If MD-SJB-IMG had NS schedule, do they run the table ? 

Not a fan of MD, just asking for Eddy.... 

12E91F08-9292-4AB3-9495-26016B73EE92.gif

Excellent questions — I didn’t even see and you didn’t mention his reference to 1:30a eastern in crunch time — good grief 

do east coast guys really want consideration for this on rare trips west?

id think he was @GardenStateBaller except his blind devotion is further down the east coast 

Playing at 1:30a in crunch time is not a fraction of the impact as playing in humidity you’ve never experienced which happens of the very frequent trips west coast teams take east and in my experience of travelling around country and world for 30 years, it’s much easier to travel and adjust going west 

32 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

All of my clients are fully educated on the pros and cons on traveling West! Mainly the cons. 

Game time doesn’t seem to bother California teams playing in Hawaii.  Or east coast HS basketball or baseball teams playin in Cal, it girls soccer teams.

Or pro teams playing in London.  

Or College teams. 

Just BNU teams......

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's definitely a concern. I'm working on a HUGE East vs West game now and the Right Coast team will only play on a Saturday afternoon to eliminate that problem. It's becoming a deal-breaking stipulation for many in the exciting world of OOS scheduling. 

Super lame 

does that guy want a guarantee that it’ll be first game for west coast team and he can have a couple or three games under his belt too 

I don’t want to hear the term “OOS” when guys from tinybstates start dictating such chickenshit terms 

20 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That "guy" is from a Top 5 hsfb power state. Nothing wrong be being strategic in these decisions. 

He’s not indicted alone then but citing body clock time has got to be way, way, way down the list — like below whether it’s a Dunkin Donuts or a Winchells’s state

On 1/3/2019 at 4:09 PM, PrepForce said:

There was something I just couldn't get past. I talked to other respected people and asked a simple question. If Mater Dei played St. John Bosco and IMG again on a neutral field where it wasn't 1:30 AM EST during crunch time would Mater Dei win both games. Nobody I talked to thought they would and I agree.  The Monarchs earned the right to be ranked in the final poll above those two but I am not sure they were better. How could I give a national title to a team that given that. Based on all that North Shore was an easy lose no sleep choice. If Duncanville would've won then it becomes much harder because of the schedule but I am not sure I could've got past the reason above for MD. 

Did you ask the other simple question?

If NS played IMG, SJB, and Duncanville again would NS win all three games?  I'm sure your respected people would also not think they would, and you would also agree, as would everyone else rightly so.

3 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Did you ask the other simple question?

If NS played IMG, SJB, and Duncanville again would NS win all three games?  I'm sure your respected people would also not think they would, and you would also agree, as would everyone else rightly so.

Not necessarily win them all, but the key is they wouldn’t have been blown out in any of them. That’s the big black eye you CA boys just want to ignore about MD.  

• Like 3

Probablys and other bullshit. 

Why not just accept that every fucking poll isn't a Cal Preps copy cat that bows to Horace McCoy and his twitter tirades? 

Probably this, perhaps that and what the hell ever. Suck it up buttercup! Y'all So Cal fools totally stacked the deck and still missed some polls. Hahaha. Better stack better... do better paper work, due diligence and whatever other cliches next year. 

Hahahaha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Not necessarily win them all, but the key is they wouldn’t have been blown out in any of them. That’s the big black eye you CA boys just want to ignore about MD.  

I agree with this... MD had an Awful game against Bosco, I think they were “Feeling Themselves” after the IMG win and did not come out ready to play....

Whats more important about MD is in the playoffs when it counted the most they Held SJB and The USAT Offensive player of the year to 13 points.... They Beat CC, SJB, And DLS in succession, CA Top 3 Teams Besides MD....

So I can see this going both ways, If you want to have a team that was undefeated and won the TX state Title #1 I am good with that.... Or if you want to have a Team that beat SJB, DLS, CC, IMG, and shut out BG #1 I am good with that as well!!!

Afterall in TX, DV actually came the closest to MD because they beat Allen and lost to NS on a Hail Mary....Can anyone say that NS would have forsure beat Allen?.... 

”Hypothetically “ NS and TX got what they deserved because I think outside of MD, SJB and IMG, DV, NS and Allen were the best teams I saw play this year....

And  Even with the “Bad Night” against SJB, “On The Field” MD and CA got what they deserved since MD Beat IMG, BG, and the top 3 Cali Teams....🙂

The thing is, it’s all Hypothetical anyway!!!...🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I agree with this... MD had an Awful game against Bosco, I think they were “Feeling Themselves” after the IMG win and did not come out ready to play....

Whats more important about MD is in the playoffs when it counted the most they Held SJB and The USAT Offensive player of the year to 13 points.... They Beat CC, SJB, And DLS in succession, CA Top 3 Teams Besides MD....

So I can see this going both ways, If you want to have a team that was undefeated and won the TX state Title #1 I am good with that.... Or if you want to have a Team that beat SJB, DLS, CC, IMG, and shut out BG #1 I am good with that as well!!!

Afterall in TX, DV actually came the closest to MD because they beat Allen and lost to NS on a Hail Mary....Can anyone say that NS would have forsure beat Allen?.... 

”Hypothetically “ NS and TX got what they deserved because I think outside of MD, SJB and IMG, DV, NS and Allen were the best teams I saw play this year....

And  Even with the “Bad Night” against SJB, “On The Field” MD and CA got what they deserved since MD Beat IMG, BG, and the top 3 Cali Teams....🙂

The thing is, it’s all Hypothetical anyway!!!...🙂

Yes, I'm confident north shore would have beaten Allen.  Keep in mind they beat Duncanville on the road with lopsided penalties and was leading most of the game. Duncanville only took the 1 point lead with a minute left in the game. 

Allen was actually getting blown out by Duncanville in the 1st half.  Allen never led in that game. 

• Like 2