Transfer season

HSFBfan

On 1/13/2019 at 2:04 PM, golfaddict1 said:

This was GC's  2018 info...  some locals can add more info regarding how senior laden that team was last season and who's left or coming up (or any transfers).   DBP, Good Counsel  and a GA squad (not named)

https://247sports.com/college/maryland/Season/2020-Football/Targets/?RecruitState=MD

DeMatha and SFA would have been better options.   I know it's not easy to snap a finger and bring a team but brand names don't always tell the story.  Is their OOS lineup that strong?   Their in-state schedule will dictate a MNC imo.  

image.png.d94b0ac486fe54381027443cffe12b9d.png

Good Counsel graduates a majority of their starters but will return a handful of quality players. Unless they add several transfers and find a QB they will be the fourth place team in the WCAC pre-season rankings...and in over their head against SJB.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

Good Counsel graduates a majority of their starters but will return a handful of quality players. Unless they add several transfers and find a QB they will be the fourth place team in the WCAC pre-season rankings...and in over their head against SJB.

Thanks.   This is what I thought.   DeMatha hopefully lands a good OOS opponent.   Any chance they can play Corona Centennial out west?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

NJ are starting to see where they belong more and more....Rutgers is calling. It's close to home where friends and family can see them. Nothing beats a good support system 

Not the top NJ players. It's mostly the 2nd and 3rd tiers at Rutgers and almost always has been except for a short period. But if they want to be at home to play then more power to them. 

21 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

Not the top NJ players. It's mostly the 2nd and 3rd tiers at Rutgers and almost always has been except for a short period. But if they want to be at home to play then more power to them. 

Singleton was a top NJ player in his class. Now back at Rutgers. The rb from spp who went to Boston college grad transferred to Rutgers. Kiy Hester originally went to Miami came back to Rutgers. Kid just transferred from Iowa to Rutgers. 

The elite dont I agree cushing hill fitzpatrick peppers all succeeded away from home. 

Didn’t DeMatha almost go to Texas a few years ago to play DeSoto?  They need a top OOS game to remain competitive in attracting players.  A top Texas program along with a school like Dutch Fork, Lakeland or Hoover would do it. 

There has to be a national team-no insight as to who?

2 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Ya but they live in Texas ... I wonder if they play other sports as well

they left Allen TX to wrestle @ Blair..something happened at Blair over the last week (disciplinary) and they had to leave or expelled or what not (some know but aren't saying). They asked BC to take them and they did. They can't wrestle the NJ post season so they will be wrestling for the next 2 weeks in duals and that is it. 

12 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

they left Allen TX to wrestle @ Blair..something happened at Blair over the last week (disciplinary) and they had to leave or expelled or what not (some know but aren't saying). They asked BC to take them and they did. They can't wrestle the NJ post season so they will be wrestling for the next 2 weeks in duals and that is it. 

If true, BC's attitude sounds a little similar to the words seen on the Statue of Liberty.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Oh, and if they happen to be ranked among the top athletes in the nation, please send them BC's way, too.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's very late in the game. And Cen10 can only offer post-game hotdogs and sodas. DMC can visit them, but they'll have to pay their way 100%. 

Really?   Maybe I need to see a list of the games scheduled already.   I thought it was the early stage or perhaps games are set but not signed (and thus not reported yet)?    DeMatha  has to have some options.   Cen10 needs a quality fundraiser or maybe some bigwigs on this forum can ante up and sponsor a "PrepGridiron" OOS challenge :).

If STA was offered SJB and took it, would they have had an ESPN slot, or did ESPN offer @ DLS  with more coin for the game?  Are any of the games in Cali you help setup playing on ESPN?    Thx.  

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

If true, BC's attitude sounds a little similar to the words seen on the Statue of Liberty.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Oh, and if they happen to be ranked among the top athletes in the nation, please send them BC's way, too.

Look even as an alum and a big supporter of our wrestling program (national top 10 last 6 years) these transfers raised eyebrows.  There are and were a lot of moving parts here and the family took to Facebook and thanked Bergen for helping them with their predicament. That said, I for one (I'm not alone) am cautious when taking other schools castoffs midyear, especially ones from the perennial #1 wrestling high school in the nation because of perceived bad behavior. We are a school first and foremost and athletics are secondary. But I also must trust the administration here because I'm sure they dotted I's and crossed Ts. But this is a difficult situation for the school in my opinion, if this blows up on them it will do irreparable harm to the program (which has been battling in the courts over the last year). We threw out Antonio Alfano 2 years ago and any other bad apples need to be dealt with or we could wind up like Paramus Catholic. Not a good look IMO but hopefully it works out. BTW, this is also an extension of an ongoing battle between Blair and the upstart BC. Don't kid yourself, these 2 studs will be wrestling against Blair at Lehigh in 2 weeks

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
On 1/13/2019 at 2:04 PM, golfaddict1 said:

This was GC's  2018 info...  some locals can add more info regarding how senior laden that team was last season and who's left or coming up (or any transfers).   DBP, Good Counsel  and a GA squad (not named)

https://247sports.com/college/maryland/Season/2020-Football/Targets/?RecruitState=MD

DeMatha and SFA would have been better options.   I know it's not easy to snap a finger and bring a team but brand names don't always tell the story.  Is their OOS lineup that strong?   Their in-state schedule will dictate a MNC imo.  

image.png.d94b0ac486fe54381027443cffe12b9d.png

@RedZone