National Tournament Bracket (2018 Season)

Columbiafan

I will say, #11 having a broken foot didn’t help, they really missed him on offense. He wasn’t real effective on D either, watching the game again, he was always a step or two late. Do I think DLS wins, no but may have been a more interesting game. A healthy #11 against SJB I think would have had similar results to the MD game. SJB wins anyway..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DLS350 said:

I will say, #11 having a broken foot didn’t help, they really missed him on offense. He wasn’t real effective on D either, watching the game again, he was always a step or two late. Do I think DLS wins, no but may have been a more interesting game. A healthy #11 against SJB I think would have had similar results to the MD game. SJB wins anyway..

Everyone says that "DLS Had No Chance even with #11"... I Disagree, he was one of the 3 Best Players in CA and equally as valuable on Offense and Defense... He was the true Leader of the team... He absolutely Dominated that BG game...

To have a Player like that go down the day before the Biggest game of the year is an Emotional Letdown that no team could overcome... Unless you have 5* backups ready to jump right in... The DLS kids fought hard and made it respectable but they had no chance for the Upset without #11, especially after the early mistakes...

Not saying DLS was Better then MD or SJB, those teams win 8 or 9 out of 10 times vs DLS... I just think last years DLS team was equipped to pull off the huge upset because of their defense and speed on offense.... 

Not trying for "Excuse Thread Material", Just posting My Opinion that , with #11 Playing at Full Strength in a game against MD or SJB, I think that DLS team had a good chance to win a close game.... :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Everyone says that "DLS Had No Chance even with #11"... I Disagree, he was one of the 3 Best Players in CA and equally as valuable on Offense and Defense... He was the true Leader of the team... He absolutely Dominated that BG game...

To have a Player like that go down the day before the Biggest game of the year is an Emotional Letdown that no team could overcome... Unless you have 5* backups ready to jump right in... The DLS kids fought hard and made it respectable but they had no chance for the Upset without #11, especially after the early mistakes...

Not saying DLS was Better then MD or SJB, those teams win 8 or 9 out of 10 times vs DLS... I just think last years DLS team was equipped to pull off the huge upset because of their defense and speed on offense.... 

Not trying for "Excuse Thread Material", Just posting My Opinion that , with #11 Playing at Full Strength in a game against MD or SJB, I think that DLS team had a good chance to win a close game.... :)

BA4B0574-E822-4C07-9309-1C648316165C.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I was basing my pick on how close the DLS vs MD game was.  I think it would have been a close game as well with SJB and possibly even having the Spartans eek one out.  

Well shit man, this totally backfired on me!!!!!!  LOL

Fuck it Padre, you gotta do you no matter what sometimes. 

It ain’t easy being authentic. 

Regards

AuthenticAsshole😁

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

I like this. #11 made a huge difference in the BG game, especially with those two long TD runs. I was at that game, you could see the difference he made. Does he make the MD game closer, maybe. Or a hypothetical game against SJB, maybe again. They were definitely a better team with him healthy (obviously) but would he have been enough, not sure. No excuses here either, MD was the better team and I know there were missing a few starters as well. Just wish both teams were at full strength when the game was played that’s all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DLS350 said:

I like this. #11 made a huge difference in the BG game, especially with those two long TD runs. I was at that game, you could see the difference he made. Does he make the MD game closer, maybe. Or a hypothetical game against SJB, maybe again. They were definitely a better team with him healthy (obviously) but would he have been enough, not sure. No excuses here either, MD was the better team and I know there were missing a few starters as well. Just wish both teams were at full strength when the game was played that’s all.

MD 42 BG 0

DLS 27 BG 21

🤔🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

MD 42 BG 0

DLS 27 BG 21

🤔🤷🏽‍♂️

I get your point.... I was at the DLS-BG game and watched BG play 4 times last year and the MD game with BG was just like MD getting boat raced by SJB.... It was  bad game that got away from them....

MD got Blasted by SJB and still won the national title... BG could have easily been a 1 loss team playing 3 Top 25 Teams and a Utah State Champion...

BG was not 42 points worse then MD last year... Just like MD was not however many points worse then Bosco...

Who knows what would have happened if MD and BG played again?.... Based on the MD vs SJB result we can conclude that BG May have beat them in a close one...🙂

Remember.... I am an Optimist...🤣🤣🍺

• Like 4

6 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

This forum is like heaven or hell.  You either bask in the glory of victory, or perish in excuse thread for eternity.

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

I get your point.... I was at the DLS-BG game and watched BG play 4 times last year and the MD game with BG was just like MD getting boat raced by SJB.... It was  bad game that got away from them....

MD got Blasted by SJB and still won the national title... BG could have easily been a 1 loss team playing 3 Top 25 Teams and a Utah State Champion...

BG was not 42 points worse then MD last year... Just like MD was not however many points worse then Bosco...

Who knows what would have happened if MD and BG played again?.... Based on the MD vs SJB result we can conclude that BG May have beat them in a close one...🙂

Remember.... I am an Optimist...🤣🤣🍺

27B8168D-CF06-4EE5-810A-BCF3A4BDA13C.gif

• Haha 1