National Tournament Bracket (2018 Season)

Columbiafan

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

Carol City.   Once again no insult to Lakeland, but if I had to take a team from FL last year it was definitely going to be Carol City. 

Carol City was fierce, no doubt. They lost, but it was to a loaded Central team they had already beaten. I think, given that split, it's probably fair to rate Carol City and Central as equals IMO. Perhaps people feel CC was the better team, but, it's hard to make that claim when they lost the playoff game. And then you compare Central and Lakeland who had STA as the common opponent and you can't really elevate either team over the other with those results. All three were really awesome teams, certainly the top three teams in the FHSAA last year. But, since Lakeland is the only team unbeaten out of the three, gotta choose them!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Carol City was fierce, no doubt. They lost, but it was to a loaded Central team they had already beaten. I think, given that split, it's probably fair to rate Carol City and Central as equals IMO. Perhaps people feel CC was the better team, but, it's hard to make that claim when they lost the playoff game. And then you compare Central and Lakeland who had STA as the common opponent and you can't really elevate either team over the other with those results. All three were really awesome teams, certainly the top three teams in the FHSAA last year. But, since Lakeland is the only team unbeaten out of the three, gotta choose them!

I think it could go either way but Lakeland is the host in the hypothetical matchup which i think could play a factor