Mike Teel Resigns from DBP

bc3

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

West Monroe will be playing Texas 6A II Champ Longview, TX this year.......Longview was 16-0 last year and #24 nationally.

West Monroe spits on teams like donny bosco......keep that shit in the east.

Lol 😝 ur a cokehead 

Don Bosco would be MNC with that fucking schedule, never lose a game ever haha 😆 

@RedZone ur a funny ass dude

90E75976-59C7-4238-A833-B5E40888602B.png

7210FF19-7643-4F86-B15A-C330A0C820E7.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If CH couldn't handle the Grayson parents, there's no way he'd be able to survive the DBP parents! 

no doubt there...problem is I do buy into the argument that they probably need someone from the North Jersey area who understands the local landscape. I don't believe someone from Texas would be able to hit the ground running with regards to recruitment and what not.

On 1/27/2019 at 10:16 AM, Drummer61 said:

Something has happened at Bosco to try and destroy football...Since 1958 there has not been this chaos....I was told by a friend in Ridgewood that four players left but not the two running backs...The sooner Heuser leaves, the better,IMO...I get the feeling, like  others I have talked too, that most will not challenge....Heuser is not a friend of football...I have met and spoke him twice at Florida Reunions and you can take that to the bank...

I don't think that there is a conspiracy in the school to destroy football.  Everybody wants to win.  It's just a matter of who sets the standards and policies to do this.  This may revolve around the amount of money spent on football every year.  (Trips to California can be expensive.  And going there or on other distant places to play football can add up.  There are other sports fighting for their part of the athletic budget.)  Or it may also be a matter of which student-athletes get admitted and their chances of succeeding academically for four years.  (A coach may want a certain kid, but the kid can't do the school work.)   Or it may simply be a a matter of who thinks that they should make the decisions.  A (successful) coach may think that his decisions about the team shouldn't be questioned.  But I think that this is the least likely scenario.  (The Catholic Church is not a democracy, and historically has not responded well to challenges to its authority.)  Plus, Bosco has had a somewhat bizarre history of firing coaches even when they are successful...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, elKakador said:

I don't think that there is a conspiracy in the school to destroy football.  Everybody wants to win.  It's just a matter of who sets the standards and policies to do this.  This may revolve around the amount of money spent on football every year.  (Trips to California can be expensive.  And going there or on other distant places to play football can add up.  There are other sports fighting for their part of the athletic budget.)  Or it may also be a matter of which student-athletes get admitted and their chances of succeeding academically for four years.  (A coach may want a certain kid, but the kid can't do the school work.)   Or it may simply be a a matter of who thinks that they should make the decisions.  A (successful) coach may think that his decisions about the team shouldn't be questioned.  But I think that this is the least likely scenario.  (The Catholic Church is not a democracy, and historically has not responded well to challenges to its authority.)  Plus, Bosco has had a somewhat bizarre history of firing coaches even when they are successful...

When you stop or limit the borderline students but pure athletes its gonna hurt your program and from what I understand that's what happened at bosco. You have to let the athletes in and than give them the help in the classroom. Idk what the standards are the graduate at the parocials but in terms of regular school if you cant get a 2.0 in school to graduate you have a real issue 

2 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Firing BASEBALL coaches that were successful...This sounds good and I hope this is the real deal, however, I've met this Heuser and I get a whole different feeling......Are you saying that the trips to Fla, Ala, Utah, Ohio and Calf were all funded by Boscos' sports budget ??

Who knows?  Maybe the Mexicans will pay for them...

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Just went I thought BC was a top-notch school!! Learn how to spell mofos!!! It's MARANGI!!! I'm still hearing they want someone with prior Head coaching experience. Former DBP TE Tommy Sweeney probably manages that account! LOL

Man... stop it. They're begging Danny. The question is if he wants it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Just went I thought BC was a top-notch school!! Learn how to spell mofos!!! It's MARANGI!!! I'm still hearing they want someone with prior Head coaching experience. Former DBP TE Tommy Sweeney probably manages that account! LOL

you have to relax GSB..the Irish can't handle spelling with all those vowels..especially after a few cocktails

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

So go with the college coordinators 

U actually believe this statement from Macaleer?  If your on the search committee do you really want someone who is not familiar with their tradition, culture and understanding of the area!!!... this is just a smoke screen ... let’s call this the macaleer rule like Rooney rule.... just to puff the failure of the last 3 years to say a college guy is coming in.... also do u want a college guy ?  u are what you record says ... the Domimance and invincibility is gone from the program prior to Toal leaving ......I would hire Marangi as much as that would hurt SJR ..... 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

U actually believe this statement from Macaleer?  If your on the search committee do you really want someone who is not familiar with their tradition, culture and understanding of the area!!!... this is just a smoke screen ... let’s call this the macaleer rule like Rooney rule.... just to puff the failure of the last 3 years to say a college guy is coming in.... also do u want a college guy ?  u are what you record says ... the Domimance and invincibility is gone from the program prior to Toal leaving ......I would hire Marangi as much as that would hurt SJR ..... 

Not a bad opinion. Idk I'm not that close to the program to know macaleer and the truthfulness of his statements 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Not a bad opinion. Idk I'm not that close to the program to know macaleer and the truthfulness of his statements 

I agree with SJR here. As I said yesterday I don't think Bosco possesses the extra time it would take for an outsider to acclimate himself to the North Jersey non-public situation and be able to recruit effectively. BC & SJR have been extremely aggressive in this area and I think they need to stay local and with someone who could hit the ground running. It just isn't a situation where you can cut your teeth; the DBP program to me right now is at an inflection point and it needs to right the ship asap or risk being 2nd tier for the next 5 to 8 years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Your analysis above would be convincing if football was a TOP priority. It's not. The school is in the best shape of its life EVER. From Enrollment to Academics to Athletics to Fundraising to Endowment, it's humming like a well-oiled machine. Currently, 75% of the student body is paying full tuition. That number has never being higher. Nor has the Wait List been longer.

Back in the day, "the tail wagged the dog." That ain't happening anymore. Very few DBP influencers and movers/shakers care if the football team goes 11-0 or 6-5 annually. I agree that this hire is very important and it would help if they get it right, but it's not the end all and be all in the end.

the analysis that I offered was under the assumption that football was an important if not Top priority. If it really is run of the mill in Ramsey when it comes to football then yes you are right. To be honest GSB I do think you are diminishing somewhat football's importance. I am not challenging the overall health of the school itself, for I have heard your diagnosis from many others but I do think being 6-5 and an also ran year in and year out would also not be tolerated for very long. DBP took a step back 4 years ago in lacrosse and BC won a state title and before you know the DBP administration stepped up and did something about it. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't do the same when it comes to a flagship sport like football.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Sounds like bullshit. Coaches other places make far more money with a lower cost of living. Why would they choose to come coach in nj where they could be fired in 2yrs, and take pay cut while paying more for their home? I really laughed at "Texas and Georgia" coaches being interested in the coaching vacancy at DBP, assuming they are aware of the income to debt ratio.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Look what DBPs XC, hockey and basketball teams are currently doing? Dominating. Do you think BC will fire those three, respective coaches because of this to keep up? No way.

The school has flourished since GOAT left. IMO the term "flagship" should never precede the word "sports" when talking high school athletics. It's a problem when it is. 

well 2 things here that I'll address: 1st the football situation isn't firing someone it is a legitimate opening so I would expect the DBP admin and alumni search committee to take the opportunity to get the best possible overall coach in order to be competitive. 2nd XC and Basketball have ** when it comes to BC. DBP great XC but BC winning indoor track (same coach) and basketball has been very competitive btw the 2 schools. My point is that DBP has made changes both in lacrosse and the wrestling programs because of poor performance

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The DBP package is worth $150k per annum. That's attractive to many OOS suitors. 

They make that and more in states like texas and Georgia. Someone posted the salary of all the coaches in those state a few years ago. Plus the cost of living is less and texas has no state income tax which makes your money stretch further. It's a no brainer

• Like 1