Mike Teel Resigns from DBP

bc3

1 hour ago, NJ2015 said:

Rumors floating all around the BNU. Could there be other openings?

well who knows but I'll say this without 1 iota of proof but my gut tells me that the PC situation is 1 and done and they will be looking for a new coach soon. Also, don't know why I have the feeling that Auggie will be stepping away in Montvale within a year or so to go coach O-line at a college program. Just my hunches.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Let's see if you can figure it out. Go on the Wikipedia page of the new Miami Dolphins HC. Check out how old he is and where he went to college. Good luck!! 

Auggie is not taking that job. If he was going to take it Danny wouldn't had interviewed for Bosco job because he's auggie's successor. Good night, next subject.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Auggie is not taking that job. If he was going to take it Danny wouldn't had interviewed for Bosco job because he's auggie's successor. Good night, next subject.

not this year but I said a year or so..my call is that this is Auggie's last year. Like Nunz this is a stepping stone not a career

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

not this year but I said a year or so..my call is that this is Auggie's last year. Like Nunz this is a stepping stone not a career

Baller was referring to the Dolphins job. Auggies college roommate will be the next HC if the dolphins and Auggie had an opportunity to go as well but declined.  Yes I could see him taking a college position but as baller said, his wife is doing well  and he doesnt want his kids moving like army brats 

• Thanks 1

Great hire if true ... win win politically as well avoiding the toal coaching tree issue .... let’s be honest there is the Big 3 and everyone else in the entire region across states..... wants to be Among the big dogs... can make similar money plus camps and coach for 20 yrs ..... 

6 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

Great hire if true ... win win politically as well avoiding the toal coaching tree issue .... let’s be honest there is the Big 3 and everyone else in the entire region across states..... wants to be Among the big dogs... can make similar money plus camps and coach for 20 yrs ..... 

yeah if it is true it is a great hire..fulfills many of the needed qualities especially it would check the 2 boxes I thought very important for the program: familiarity of the North jersey & BNU football landscape & the ability to hit the ground running with very little ramp up time necessary. It would be very similar but not as seamless as Vito coming in at BC.

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

$1.5M guaranteed over 10 years is hard for anyone to turn away. Plus the DBP Principal taugh him in Grad School. #mentor 

#really.....his contract is guaranteed for 10yrs....does it include a early buy out option or penalty if he goes to another school in the league....stop this nonsense.....

18 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

c'mom you know what I meant.....Unless he punches a player in the face, he could be there as long as he wants. When did you start taking things so literal??? ;) 

"as long as he wants" - ask Greg Toal or Mike Teel about how that worked out for them at Bosco.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Toal was insubordinate to his boss. And Teel resigned the position on his own. FYI....He still works at DBP in Development!!! 

not for long....how do think they get the inflated salary...by coaching football only?  

46 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

c'mom you know what I meant.....Unless he punches a player in the face, he could be there as long as he wants. When did you start taking things so literal??? ;) 

just keeping you in check as you play fast and loose with facts.....#PCguysnotgreatatmath

• Haha 4