Mike Teel Resigns from DBP

bc3

37 minutes ago, paladin4ever said:

This

1 hour ago, taojoe said:

Didn’t Sabella leave PC in large measure because he didn’t like the recruiting part of the job necessary to be competitive in the north Jersey non-public landscape?

From what others have posted the impression I got it was less the “how” of recruiting than the “who” of recruiting.  

Others have said that when PC got away from “Livin’” the new administration apparently wanted to play the game to try and attract the same kids as Bergen, Joes, SPP, and Bosco.  That wasn’t gonna happen and Sabella had difficulty connecting with the kids who came to PC under Partridge to make Livin’ what it was.

While he will still have to recruit he has an established product that sells itself to some degree, and the demographics differ to some degree as well.

1 hour ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

From what others have posted the impression I got it was less the “how” of recruiting than the “who” of recruiting.  

Others have said that when PC got away from “Livin’” the new administration apparently wanted to play the game to try and attract the same kids as Bergen, Joes, SPP, and Bosco.  That wasn’t gonna happen and Sabella had difficulty connecting with the kids who came to PC under Partridge to make Livin’ what it was.

While he will still have to recruit he has an established product that sells itself to some degree, and the demographics differ to some degree as well.

Could be, but he got along with CP’s Livin’ kids well enough to win the state chip his 1st year.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

In recent times is anyone aware of a HS HC that went on to become an NFL position coach? Seems pretty rare. 

Jon Kitna, 46, who had two stints with the Cowboys as a backup quarterback, will be a first-time NFL quarterbacks coach after coaching mostly at the high school level

55 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No. He had great recruiters on staff like GR, BD and ET. It was more about not wanting to babysit many of the unruly, undisciplined student-athletes that he inherited. I was told it was similar to what public football coaches in places like inner city Chicago and Detroit had to deal with. He won't have that problem at DBP.  

why wouldn't he have waited another year or 2 for all the Livin' kids to graduate, then he would have only his own kids to work with?  Seems to me something else may have factored into his decision to leave.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, taojoe said:

why wouldn't he have waited another year or 2 for all the Livin' kids to graduate, then he would have only his own kids to work with?  Seems to me something else may have factored into his decision to leave.  

Keep asking questions, only truth can remain in tact when continuously questioned... I'm going to be quiet, sit back, and watch how this thing shakes out. New environments coupled with old experiences can be a great thing if you are humble enough to self assess and acknowledge your weaknesses, and improve on them the second time around.  The guy has some strengths that can make him successful and he has some weaknesses that don't bode well in parochial ball. I'm interested to see how he addresses those weaknesses. Wish him best of luck. BNU needs bosco to be strong again. Boom or Bust. There will be no middle ground.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, taojoe said:

easier said than done. If I have my years correct you have to remember there were a lot of things going on at the time. It was a really tough year for him, he had the police involved not once but twice for assaults and the parents from what I understand were horrendous. Couple that with, if I remember correctly, a new administration with a new set of priorities and you can see why he left.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Keep asking questions, only truth can remain in tact when continuously questioned... I'm going to be quiet, sit back, and watch how this thing shakes out. New environments coupled with old experiences can be a great thing if you are humble enough to self assess and acknowledge your weaknesses, and improve on them the second time around.  The guy has some strengths that can make him successful and he has some weaknesses that don't bode well in parochial ball. I'm interested to see how he addresses those weaknesses. Wish him best of luck. BNU needs bosco to be strong again.

Do we tho?. I feel like SPP BC or SJR are just a few transfers away from being the team Bosco in its heyday was once was Mabe even better....

all it takes is a few all american transfers and for teams like silk city brick city Bergen all stars for all those teams to send their best kids to the same H.S.

12 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Do we tho?. I feel like SPP BC or SJR are just a few transfers away from being the team Bosco in its heyday was once was Mabe even better....

all it takes is a few all american transfers and for teams like silk city brick city Bergen all stars for all those teams to send their best kids to the same H.S.

I understand that and many would agree, but I'd like to see strong representation when they go oos and I'd like to see both semi final games be toss ups again. With PC trending downwards it wouldn't be good having bosco down as well. The league can stand for one of them to fall of, but definitely not a good look for both to be bad. If I had to guess who has the leadership in place to right the ship quickly I'd say its Bosco so 8m hoping they get this one right.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No. He had great recruiters on staff like GR, BD and ET. It was more about not wanting to babysit many of the unruly, undisciplined student-athletes that he inherited. I was told it was similar to what public football coaches in places like inner city Chicago and Detroit had to deal with. He won't have that problem at DBP.  

Okay so let's dissect this "Chicago" thing... those "undisciplined, unruly, athletes were there before Sabella came and there weren't any issues. They were there after he left and there were no issues. Those same kids that you are using the  "Chicago" comparison to describe are at Joe's,  Bergen,  and St. Peter's, however we don't see any issues with discipline and unruly behavior. Matter of fact your back field,  and defense it primarily composed of those "Chicago" type kids. Those "Chicago" type kids Elijah Shumate, Alquadine Muhammad, Ryan Grant, Toney Jones, Jalen Berger, Kyle Monangai  and the list goes on have made Bosco a household name, free of incident. Those "Chicago " kids are raised in a culture built on RESPECT OF ELDERS. You would be hard pressed to find those unruly, undisciplined "Chicago" type kids talking back to their parent(s) or any other adult because that isn't accepted in their "Chicago" communities. Therefore what must have went on at PC during that one year in which Sabella had to deal with undisciplined, unruly "Chicago type environment, was a reflection of the LEADERSHIP that those undisciplined, unruly, "Chicago" type kids were getting. Obviously it is a leadership that was unique to PC in that ONE year, when they had Sabella, or else we'd see that same behavior at ALL of the catholic schools across America.  Unless you want us to believe that it was behavior reserved for 2017 and Sabella only...

• Like 5

Dan Sabella will get the Bosco job and will run away 3 -4 years like he did at PC -if so Bad hire by Bosco but other factors are pushing for him. 

Bosco isnt the Toal Bosco anymore they are clearly the 3-4 team now .

Bosco should go with sjr dc atleast he was around when team had success and the alumni like him. 

This next hire will be as bad as Teel hire.

Gonzaga coach to interview as well.

Gibbs solid coach but has never recruited a kid and kids just don't show up at these schools.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 9:27 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

In recent times is anyone aware of a HS HC that went on to become an NFL position coach? Seems pretty rare. 

Well, it depends upon your definition of “recent, but in 1981 Gerry Faust went directly from Abp Moeller to Notre Dame.

Of course that was before most of the members on the board were born.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 6:35 AM, SJR 04 said:

Okay so let's dissect this "Chicago" thing... those "undisciplined, unruly, athletes were there before Sabella came and there weren't any issues. They were there after he left and there were no issues. Those same kids that you are using the  "Chicago" comparison to describe are at Joe's,  Bergen,  and St. Peter's, however we don't see any issues with discipline and unruly behavior. Matter of fact your back field,  and defense it primarily composed of those "Chicago" type kids. Those "Chicago" type kids Elijah Shumate, Alquadine Muhammad, Ryan Grant, Toney Jones, Jalen Berger, Kyle Monangai  and the list goes on have made Bosco a household name, free of incident. Those "Chicago " kids are raised in a culture built on RESPECT OF ELDERS. You would be hard pressed to find those unruly, undisciplined "Chicago" type kids talking back to their parent(s) or any other adult because that isn't accepted in their "Chicago" communities. Therefore what must have went on at PC during that one year in which Sabella had to deal with undisciplined, unruly "Chicago type environment, was a reflection of the LEADERSHIP that those undisciplined, unruly, "Chicago" type kids were getting. Obviously it is a leadership that was unique to PC in that ONE year, when they had Sabella, or else we'd see that same behavior at ALL of the catholic schools across America.  Unless you want us to believe that it was behavior reserved for 2017 and Sabella only...

ON POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Was going to write something similar about "Chicago, Detroit" type kids, but you said it all.  Ignorance. 

• Like 1