Track and Field

954gator

@Texasball if I am to believe the Wind angle then Coastville, Pa should be the fastest damn HS in America and would smoke Texas.  The winds held them to a 41.55 and a 41.87.  Just imagine what they would do without that Penn Wind.  I am thinking low 40's or under. Wink Wink.  It seemed to only affect the Jamaican Boys. 🤘

Look at this Stick game from in Texas early in the Season running in the 40s.  John Tyler from Beast Texas won.  This was like the 3rd meet of the season.  Everyone of them on point with that Stick.  Florida has equal speed but they don't have our stick game.  It's essential in the 4x100 with elite Teams.  Texas blew up Jamaica in the GSW because their stick game.  Jamaica smoked everyone else in that race.   I would take the top 5 from this meet right now against anyone and they will not be embarrassed. WATCH what these kids do at State.  The two with the worst sticks got smoked LANE 2 AND 7

• Like 1

Event 603 Girls 4x100 Meter Relay 6A
Team Relay Seed Time

1 DeSoto 44.44
1) Griffin, JaEra 10 2) Hollis, Jayla 11 3) Armstrong, Taylor 12 4) Effiong, Rosaline 12
5) Wash, Cierra 11 6) Abraham, Mia 10
2 Humble Summer Creek 45.41
1) Matthews, Amiya 12 2) Carrabas, Zykirra 11 3) Taylor, Morgan 10 4) McClennon, Dynasty 10
5) Vancourt, Peyton 11 6) Broxton, Brandy 11
3 Duncanville 45.61
1) Stewart, Sydnee 11 2) Williams, Arius 12 3) Wiley, Dy'Mond 11 4) Johnson, Chasady 12
5) Lacy-Ray, Charisma 12 6) Singletary, Tynecia 12
4 Houston Eisenhower 45.87
1) Rollins, Kiana 11 2) Williams, Darnee 11 3) Gray, Iyana 10 4) Simmons, Hannah 11
5) Covington, Jaiya 9
5 Galena Park North Shore 46.02
1) Sutton, I'Briana 2) Potts, Aaliyah 3) Edwards, Ariauna 4) Rogers, Serenity
5) Carroll, JaNessa 6) Watts, Arianna
6 Richmond George Ranch 46.15
1) Onejeme, Mesoma 2) Ayiteyfio, Gabriella 3) Wright, MiKayla 4) Barlow, Nyla
5) Rutherford, Camille 6) Khan, A'Marie
7 San Antonio Reagan 46.32
1) McElroy, Madeline 10 2) Simmons, Hunter 9 3) Quinones Mixon, Alyssa 94) Montgomery, Jasmine 10
5) Wise, Taylen 9
8 Cypress Woods 46.48
1) Hughes, Kristen 2) Perry, Jordan 3) Sims, Nia 4) Lucas, Lauren
5) Robertson, Aliyscia 6) Johnson, Saniya
9 Laredo Alexander 47.45
1) Puig, Avery 12 2) Benavides, Alysse 11 3) Villarreal, Krysta 12 4) Emeremnu, Cynthia 12
5) Hinojosa, Kayla 12 6) Martinez, Destiny 11

Can anyone tell me what’s going on with Miami Northwestern?  They have been quite since running 40.36  

I believe Desoto girls will run faster at the state meet- maybe not sub 44 but I like there chances of running in the 44.20 range

if the wind is legal between 2.0 and 1.0 - I am predicting Boling will run 10.05

if gets 4.2 Wind again - I predict he betters his 9.978 

UH Penn Relays time is the 12th fastest time ran in College this year.  That's a fact.  So I am not getting this Penn Relays slow stuff. And they are one of 10 teams to top that time.  And that was without Alexander on the 1st leg🤣

1 LSU 38.41 Hislop, Vincent, Peebles, Flournoy 2019 92nd Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays Mar 27, 2019
2 Houston 38.45 Alexander, Burke, Taylor, Collins 2019 92nd Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays Mar 27, 2019
3 Florida 38.52 Ekevwo, Sani Brown, Holloway, Clark UF Tom Jones Memorial Apr 26, 2019
4 LSU (B) 38.82 Hislop, Vincent, Mosby, Flournoy LSU Alumni Gold Apr 20, 2019
5 Texas Tech 38.87 Sutton, Oduduru, Hudson, Shelton 2019 92nd Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays Mar 27, 2019
6 Oregon 39.02 Schmidt, Gillespie, Daniel, Palmer 2019 Desert Heat Classic Apr 27, 2019
7 Sam Houston St. 39.11   2019 92nd Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays Mar 27, 2019
8 Florida State 39.14 Gay, Matherson, Timpson, Ewers UF Tom Jones Memorial Apr 26, 2019
8 N. Carolina A&T 39.14 Sirleaf, Stewart, Dickson, Rowe LSU Alumni Gold Apr 20, 2019
10 Ohio State 39.16 Mott, Gray, Harrison, Johnson Gamecock Invitational Outdoor Apr 13, 2019
11 N. Carolina A&T (B) 39.21 Lindo, Sirleaf, Dickson, Rowe Florida Relays Mar 28, 2019
12 Houston (B) 39.23 Nicholas, Burke, Taylor, Collins 125th Penn Relays Apr 25, 2019

On 4/29/2019 at 8:46 AM, golfaddict1 said:

image.png.7e7ac691cae44c7848d16f133ec2facb.png

Just like the other 4x100's that day, slow.   

I don't see these vast differences in what they did compared to their best times all year.  I'm sure it had some effect, but not what is being promulgated.  Didn't affect the Jamaican HS Girls or the College Girls greatly either.  Houston was Not pushed in this race and still smoked Clemson

Compared to Penn Relay times. 

1.  UH Fastest time 38.45.  39.23 @ Penn Relays.  This was the biggest time difference. See above notes.

2.  Clemson fastest time this year 39.59 ran 0.03 slower @ the Penn Relays

3.  Va. Tech fastest time this year 39.68    0.48 slower

4. Auburn fastest time this year    39.70     0.63 slower

5. Coppin State fastest time this year 40.14    0.28 slower

6.  Monmouth  fastest time this year 40.56     0.03 Slower

7.  N.C. Central  fastest time this year 40.79   0.33 slower

8. Tusculum fastest time this year 40.89    0.56 slower

11 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Dude claimed the best in AMERICA 🤣 That Stick game is not smoking Texas.  Beat us maybe but no damn way they walk into Texas and win 5A and 6A.  Ft. Bend Marshall would give them hell

This is not horrible conditions in this race.  I really do not get why anyone would make excuses for the times produced in this race.  They simply did not execute the hand offs.

At the end of the day when looking at everything the state of Texas is the one state that does not take a back seat to the Jamaica High Schools in the relays.  We recognize and applaud what they have done in the past and what they may do in the future.  They have done some incredible things in the relays.  I don't believe in my life time we will ever see 39.00 flat 4x100 unless someone really stacks the team like the Jamaicans do.  

When it comes to the relays the state of Texas in my opinion has more overall depth while the Jamaicans will likely produce the overall best time.  We have multiple schools at any given track meet that could actually win vs these guys head to head.  I believe the Penn Relays are proof of that as is the times produced in this years Jamaica High School National Championship.

This is TEXAS! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

This is not horrible conditions in this race.  I really do not get why anyone would make excuses for the times produced in this race.  They simply did not execute the hand offs.

At the end of the day when looking at everything the state of Texas is the one state that does not take a back seat to the Jamaica High Schools in the relays.  We recognize and applaud what they have done in the past and what they may do in the future.  They have done some incredible things in the relays.  I don't believe in my life time we will ever see 39.00 flat 4x100 unless someone really stacks the team like the Jamaicans do.  

When it comes to the relays the state of Texas in my opinion has more overall depth while the Jamaicans will likely produce the overall best time.  We have multiple schools at any given track meet that could actually win vs these guys head to head.  I believe the Penn Relays are proof of that as is the times produced in this years Jamaica High School National Championship.

This is TEXAS! 

Exactly hell Coatseville Pa. Ran their best times there. And was consistent in each race. 

3 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Nope they ran on Friday.

The Boys all ran their heats on Friday as well.  The fsstest time was 41.05 by Kingston College and St. jago ran a 41.40.  Hell Coatesville, Pa had the 3rd fastest qualifying time with a 41.55.  The wind angle is an excuse.  They all ran similar finals times the next day.  Actually faster with a 40.83 winning it.  What happened at their HS Championships.  The same wind problems.  I showed in the College race that wind was not this huge factor.  Yet you feel they would easily win 5A & 6A this year.  I vote 👎 on that this year.  Jamaica will not be as dominate in the sprints or relays.  Yes they are fast but nothing we don't have in Texas.  

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

The Boys all ran their heats on Friday as well.  The fsstest time was 41.05 by Kingston College and St. jago ran a 41.40.  Hell Coatesville, Pa had the 3rd fastest qualifying time with a 41.55.  The wind angle is an excuse.  They all ran similar finals times the next day.  Actually faster with a 40.83 winning it.  What happened at their HS Championships.  The same wind problems.  I showed in the College race that wind was not this huge factor.  Yet you feel they would easily win 5A & 6A this year.  I vote 👎 on that this year.  Jamaica will not be as dominate in the sprints or relays.  Yes they are fast but nothing we don't have in Texas.  

First no one said anything about the wind. Everyone ran slow on Saturday at the Penn Relays.  On Friday all the teams that won their heats coasted for about 40 meters.  Watch the races.  They had huge leads by the anchor legs.

15 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Yes I believe Desoto Girls along with STA, Fl can run with College Elite. Here are there top times and no Penn Relays Excuses since they have ran everywhere.  They would be 39th in the Nation.  

https://www.tfrrs.org/lists/2568/2019_NCAA_Division_I_Outdoor_Qualifying/2019/o?gender=w#event31

This is what I'm talking about.  You think high school girls can run with the Elite College girls when there is nothing that says that they could.  What does that even mean?   Desoto girls and the STA girls would get smoked in a relay running against women.

16 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Look at this Stick game from in Texas early in the Season running in the 40s.  John Tyler from Beast Texas won.  This was like the 3rd meet of the season.  Everyone of them on point with that Stick.  Florida has equal speed but they don't have our stick game.  It's essential in the 4x100 with elite Teams.  Texas blew up Jamaica in the GSW because their stick game.  Jamaica smoked everyone else in that race.   I would take the top 5 from this meet right now against anyone and they will not be embarrassed. WATCH what these kids do at State.  The two with the worst sticks got smoked LANE 2 AND 7

John Tyler won because their anchor was a beast.  He got the baton in 4th place and walked down the field.  The stick game meant nothing.  Thanks for proving my point.  Everyone better have a 6 meter lead on Boling or they are getting walked down.

16 hours ago, DevilDog said:

This crop of Jamaican HS 4X100 Teams are not exceptional and they would not smoke Texas regardless who keeps that up.

Recent Champions.  They usually have 1 or 2 with good times and the rest are just a bunch of fast HS Teams.  Is that Really much more impressive than Texas other than Calabar in 17 - 18.    Explain Coatsville,  PA who had ran a 41.55 in the Prelims and ran a 41.87 the week before and ran a 41.82 in the Finals and finished 5th.  They ran the same damn times they had been running and so did those Jamaicans.  Why did their Girls run a 43.6 4x100 just before the boys. Did the Wind only decide to mess with those Boys?  Why did the wind not cost Coatsville, PA.  Because it wasn't that big of a factor?  They aren't as fast as they have been and neither will their National team be either. 

2019 ST. Jago (JAM) 40.83

2018 Calabar (JAM):39.51

2017Calabar (JAM) 39.00

2016 Kingston College  (JAM):39.63

2015 Calabar  (JAM):39.63

2014 Jamaica College (JAM):39.72

2013 Kingston College  (JAM):40.44

2012 Wolmer's Boys  (JAM):40.34

2011 Wolmer's Boys  (JAM):40.42

2010 Wolmer's Boys  (JAM):39.78

2009 Calabar  (JAM):39.91

https://www.philly.com/high-school-sports/pennsylvania/penn-relays-coatesville-high-school-track-american-20190427.html

Coatesville boys are fifth - but first American team - in 4x100 Championship of America at the Penn Relays

St. Jago (Jamaica) won the race in 40.83 seconds, and Kingston College (Jamaica) was second in 40.86. Calabar (Jamaica), which Coatesville defeated in head-to-head competition during Friday’s 4x100 heat, finished third in 41.05.

Ruseas (Jamaica) was fourth in 41.76, and Coatesville finished fifth in 41.82, just a bit slower that its impressive 41.55 it ran on Friday, which was the third-fastest time that day.

And you proved my point again.  40.83 was the slowest winning time in how long.  You cut off at 2009 but I bet it goes back farther than that.  Everyone ran slower then normal on Saturday at the Penn Relays were temps didn't reach about 60.  

Also the 6A squads in Texas didn't exactly set the track on fire last weekend either.

4 hours ago, Texasball said:

This is TEXAS! 

Let me tell you why Texas has more overall depth than Jamaica.  Texas has 26 million more people than Jamaica.  I hope this helps.

16 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Let me tell you why Texas has more overall depth than Jamaica.  Texas has 26 million more people than Jamaica.  I hope this helps.

strange argument 

Calabar High School is a prominent all-male secondary school in Kingston, Jamaica. It was established by the Jamaica Baptist Union in 1912 for the children of Baptist ministers and poor blacks, and was named after the former slave port Calabar, in present-day Nigeria. Today, it is considered one of the finest schools in the country. It has produced at least five Rhodes Scholars, and is respected for its outstanding performance in track and field.[1]

The school has over 1700 boys 

I would like my changes with the demographics in Jamaica to find some really fast kids in school with over 1700 boys

Now this is more impressive -  Fort Bend Marshall only has 1200 to 1300 students boys and girls.

Earlier this year they ran 2ea 4x200 relay teams in the same race and the "B" team had the #6 time in the nation and would still be top 10 today if they could list 2 teams from the same school

Thurgood Marshall High School

Public high school in Missouri City, Texas

Description

Thurgood Marshall High School is a public high school located in Missouri City, Texas and is a part of the Fort Bend Independent School District. Marshall, serving grades 9 through 12, serves sections of Missouri City and a portion of the extraterritorial jurisdiction of Stafford, including sections of Fifth Street. Wikipedia

Address: 1220 Buffalo Run, Missouri City, TX 77489

Founded: 2002
Number of students: 1,206 (2016–2017)
Color: Black and Gold

1 minute ago, Texasball said:

strange argument 

Calabar High School is a prominent all-male secondary school in Kingston, Jamaica. It was established by the Jamaica Baptist Union in 1912 for the children of Baptist ministers and poor blacks, and was named after the former slave port Calabar, in present-day Nigeria. Today, it is considered one of the finest schools in the country. It has produced at least five Rhodes Scholars, and is respected for its outstanding performance in track and field.[1]

The school has over 1700 boys 

I would like my changes with the demographics in Jamaica to find some really fast kids in school with over 1700 boys

Now this is more impressive -  Fort Bend Marshall only has 1200 to 1300 students boys and girls.

Earlier this year they ran 2ea 4x200 relay teams in the same race and the "B" team had the #6 time in the nation and would still be top 10 today if they could list 2 teams from the same school

Thurgood Marshall High School

Public high school in Missouri City, Texas

Description

Thurgood Marshall High School is a public high school located in Missouri City, Texas and is a part of the Fort Bend Independent School District. Marshall, serving grades 9 through 12, serves sections of Missouri City and a portion of the extraterritorial jurisdiction of Stafford, including sections of Fifth Street. Wikipedia

Address: 1220 Buffalo Run, Missouri City, TX 77489

Founded: 2002
Number of students: 1,206 (2016–2017)
Color: Black and Gold

How is it strange.  You said Texas has overall more depth than Jamaica.  i agree and gave you the reason why.  I would say each big city in Texas has more schools than all of Jamaica.  

I have nothing else for you if you can't see that.

3 hours ago, nptb17 said:

And you proved my point again.  40.83 was the slowest winning time in how long.  You cut off at 2009 but I bet it goes back farther than that.  Everyone ran slower then normal on Saturday at the Penn Relays were temps didn't reach about 60.  

Also the 6A squads in Texas didn't exactly set the track on fire last weekend either.

Really Fort Bend Marshall ran 39.99 then ran 40.08 in the finals  - oh they are 5A 

Desoto ran 40.43 - 

we added couple of sub 41 teams