Track and Field

954gator

3 hours ago, nptb17 said:

How is it strange.  You said Texas has overall more depth than Jamaica.  i agree and gave you the reason why.  I would say each big city in Texas has more schools than all of Jamaica.  

I have nothing else for you if you can't see that.

I am glad you agree.

why do you ride the coat tails of the Jamaicans ?  Are that desperate to back something that is better than Texas who is American made?

17 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I am glad you agree.

why do you ride the coat tails of the Jamaicans ?  Are that desperate to back something that is better than Texas who is American made?

I ride no coat tails.  I call it like i see it.  No hyper bowl here.  

5 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Let me tell you why Texas has more overall depth than Jamaica.  Texas has 26 million more people than Jamaica.  I hope this helps.

Texas has less black people than Jamaica and our Granny's are just as fast. 😆 Who dominates the sprints in each. Compare those Demographics.  Our Mexican Abuelas are not running the Sprints regardless how many million we have. Just use desoto, Duncanville, Lancaster and Cedar Hill.  High demographic of the same people and then compare that to EL Paso with 5 times the population of those 4 towns.  I hope that helps.  Using that analogy Ohio should be faster and deeper than South Carolina. But I bet that's not a fact.  

Why is Tx FL and Ga The fastest 3 States? Yet the rest of Amerca has 5 times the population of those 3.  I hope that helps. 🤣

57 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I ride no coat tails.  I call it like i see it.  No hyper bowl here.  

9.8 national record is fact not hype

44.44 girls 4x100 national record is fact not hype

the only state to produce sub 40 4x100 is fact not hype

308 of the best top 500 times ever produced in the 4x100 is fact not hype

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I love the Population depth argument.  Lets see if he agrees with this. Why does Texas have more depth in the 4X100 than the rest of the Nation with over 10 times the population and that includes Ga. and Fl with the other 47 States? 🤣

Population of America without Texas:  Roughly 300 million vs. 28.7 million  Now go look at the 4x100 depth.  

That's some facts for your ass right there.  Using that argument 1-20 Jamaica should Kill Texas since it is roughly 10 times Smaller.  There is more depth in Arlington along with Desoto, D'ville, Lancaster, and Cedar Hill.  Jamaica is under performing with the depth argument using that scale. 🤘

6 hours ago, nptb17 said:

And you proved my point again.  40.83 was the slowest winning time in how long.  You cut off at 2009 but I bet it goes back farther than that.  Everyone ran slower then normal on Saturday at the Penn Relays were temps didn't reach about 60.  

Also the 6A squads in Texas didn't exactly set the track on fire last weekend either.

Was there a big difference in their HS Championships than the Penn Relays?  I will wait and let you prove another point. 🤣 And a 40.83 is considered blazing everywhere except Jamaica and Texas at that level. Do we get to use an excuse because we had several run in the 40.7's last weekend. 

The depth Argument Jamaica this year vs. the South Suburbs of Dallas.  🤣

The top 8 times of the South Dallas corridor.  D'ville, Desoto, Lancaster, Cedar Hill and a few others.  I am a track guy.  I don't think people realize how much track talent is in this small area. Including the Girls.  Which I will put up against Jamaica as well and they would compete like hell.

Clocks don't lie.  Unlike HS Football polls this isn't make believe.  

The fastest times this year in that corridor.  Compare this to anyone any where including Jamaica

1.  Desoto                                                                                                    40.43     #3 in the Nation
  2. Lancaster                                                                                                40.57    #4 in the Nation
  3. D'Ville                                                                                                      40.57    #4 tied w/Lancaster
  4. Mansfield Summit                                                                                40.67   #8 in the Nation
  5. Bishop Dunne                                                                                        41.37  
  6. Dallas Carter                                                                                         41.66
  7. Cedar Hill                                                                                               41.88 
  8. South Oak Cliff                                                                                     42.36

They are fast but nothing that @Texasball and I will not watch together in Austin in a few Weeks.  Compare that to one small area of the DFW.  The hub of T&F.  Jamaica with a much larger population.   I admire their speed and love watching those stacked teams.  Funny our regular HS teams are right there and actually better 1-10 by any measure. 

Finals Jamaican HS Championships                                                                         
  1 Kingston College                                      39.98   
  2 Calabar High                                          40.15               
  3 St. Jago High                                         40.53                
  4 St. Elizabeth Technical High                          40.93               
  5 Jamaica College                                       40.98                
  6 Petersfield High                                      42.02                
 -- Excelsior High                                          DNF 
 -- Wolmer's High School for Boys                           DNF  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The depth Argument Jamaica this year vs. the South Suburbs of Dallas.  🤣

The top 8 times of the South Dallas corridor.  D'ville, Desoto, Lancaster, Cedar Hill and a few others.  I am a track guy.  I don't think people realize how much track talent is in this small area. Including the Girls.  Which I will put up against Desoto as well and they would compete like hell.

Clocks don't lie.  Unlike HS Football polls this isn't make believe.  

The fastest times this year in that corridor.  Compare this to anyone any where including Jamaica

1.  Desoto                                                                                                    40.43     #3 in the Nation
  2. Lancaster                                                                                                40.57    #4 in the Nation
  3. D'Ville                                                                                                      40.57    #4 tied w/Lancaster
  4. Mansfield Summit                                                                                40.67   #8 in the Nation
  5. Bishop Dunne                                                                                        41.37  
  6. Dallas Carter                                                                                         41.66
  7. Cedar Hill                                                                                               41.88 
  8. South Oak Cliff                                                                                     42.36

They are fast but nothing that @Texasball and I will watch together in Austin in a few Weeks.  Compare that to one small area of the DFW.  The hub of T&F.  Jamaica with a much larger population.   I admire their speed and love watching those stacked teams.  Funny our regular HS teams are right there and actually better 1-10 by any measure. 

Finals Jamaican HS Championships                                                                         
  1 Kingston College                                      39.98   
  2 Calabar High                                          40.15               
  3 St. Jago High                                         40.53                
  4 St. Elizabeth Technical High                          40.93               
  5 Jamaica College                                       40.98                
  6 Petersfield High                                      42.02                
 -- Excelsior High                                          DNF 
 -- Wolmer's High School for Boys                           DNF  

8 schools above are all pretty close together.

how about Fort Bend Marshall with roughly 1250 total student who on the same day ran two completely different 4x200 teams - The Top team ran the fastest time in the nation and the “B” team ran elite #6 best time nationally.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Texasball said:

8 schools above are all pretty close together.

how about Fort Bend Marshall with roughly 1250 total student who on the same day ran two completely different 4x200 teams - The Top team ran the fastest time in the nation and the “B” team ran elite #6 best time nationally.

Bro I can't wait till the S.C. to see Boling and this right here.  When have you ever seen Desoto get eating up like this?  Greatest damn 4X100 Relay ever ran by U.S. HS teams.  Check out the Stick game on these relays.  Some serious dedication.   Will we match this i 2019.  I hope for great weather.  5A will be lit as well with FBM

I like this one of the same race better.  The comments were great as well.  I think this was that kid's Pops,  What's funny every year the Redskin and I go we meet some Canadians. 🤘

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

I love the Population depth argument.  Lets see if he agrees with this. Why does Texas have more depth in the 4X100 than the rest of the Nation with over 10 times the population and that includes Ga. and Fl with the other 47 States? 🤣

Population of America without Texas:  Roughly 300 million vs. 28.7 million  Now go look at the 4x100 depth.  

That's some facts for your ass right there.  Using that argument 1-20 Jamaica should Kill Texas since it is roughly 10 times Smaller.  There is more depth in Arlington along with Desoto, D'ville, Lancaster, and Cedar Hill.  Jamaica is under performing with the depth argument using that scale. 🤘

Which states have more schools than Texas?  You literally have to combine 2 states for most of the country to have as many schools as Texas.  What are you talking about?

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Texas has less black people than Jamaica and our Granny's are just as fast. 😆 Who dominates the sprints in each. Compare those Demographics.  Our Mexican Abuelas are not running the Sprints regardless how many million we have. Just use desoto, Duncanville, Lancaster and Cedar Hill.  High demographic of the same people and then compare that to EL Paso with 5 times the population of those 4 towns.  I hope that helps.  Using that analogy Ohio should be faster and deeper than South Carolina. But I bet that's not a fact.  

Why is Tx FL and Ga The fastest 3 States? Yet the rest of Amerca has 5 times the population of those 3.  I hope that helps. 🤣

Texas has the largest black population in the country.  Well over 3 million.  Try again.

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

Who in the track world will recognize that windy 9.8?  We know he's fast  but this is the hyper bowl I'm talking about.  

My main problem with the hyper bowl that you and Devil Dog go on about is that after high school all  this Texas speed disappears when it comes to running with the big dogs.  When was the last time someone from Texas was on the relay squad on a big time stage?

17 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Texas has the largest black population in the country.  Well over 3 million.  Try again.

OK lets try it.  Jamaica has right at 3 million.  Ga. and Florida is right there with Texas.  And still you lose the Depth argument. Include all them and still lose your depth argument.   Why does Texas have so much more depth than Florida and Ga. and NY Combined?  😂

Jamaica right at 3 million and the country is wait for it. Jamaicans are 90.9 percent Black

and % of population.  

1    Texas    3,844,681    14%
2    New York    3,824,642    19%
3    Florida    3,803,880    18%
4    Georgia    3,495,258    34%

18 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Who in the track world will recognize that windy 9.8?  We know he's fast  but this is the hyper bowl I'm talking about.  

My main problem with the hyper bowl that you and Devil Dog go on about is that after high school all  this Texas speed disappears when it comes to running with the big dogs.  When was the last time someone from Texas was on the relay squad on a big time stage?

Charles Silmon.  Wanna try again.  This is an event every 4 years on the main stage.  Of course it will have fluidity with the US.  Here is another Darvis Patton 😂

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

OK lets try it.  Jamaica has right at 3 million.  Ga. and Florida is right there with Texas.  And still you lose the Depth argument. Include all them and still lose your depth argument. 

and % of population.  

1    Texas    3,844,681    14%
2    New York    3,824,642    19%
3    Florida    3,803,880    18%
4    Georgia    3,495,258    34%

Devil,  Playa now how many schools are there in Jamaica and it's not just black kids running in Texas either.  The fastest kid in the state is white.  Texas is going to have more teams with faster times.  You and Texasball are the ones arguing depth.  One of yall doesn't believe that the kids are as old as they are listed in Jamaica.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Who the hell is Charles Silmon and what big event did he run in?

You don' t follow Track and Field the 4x100 Championship are ran every 4 years.   Look him up and look up Darvis Patton.  Been a lot of Texans all the way back to Lam Jones running on these damn Relays.  Is the Olympics the Biggest Stage?

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

You don' t follow Track and Field the 4x100 Championship are ran every 4 years.   Look him up and look up Darvis Patton.  Been a lot of Texans all the way back to Lam Jones running on these damn Relays.  Is the Olympics the Biggest Stage?

I know who Darvis Patton is.

3 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I know who Darvis Patton is.

At the 2010 World Junior Championships in Athletics, Silmon won a silver medal in the 100 metres, finishing behind Dexter Lee in a personal best time of 10.23.  Silmon then combined with Mike Granger, Eric Harris, and Oliver Bradwell  in the 4×100 metres relay to finish first ahead of Jamaica and Trinidad and Tobago.] On June 7, 2013 Silmon became the NCAA 100m Champion, clocking in a wind-aided 9.89 seconds. The time tied the meet record under all conditions, though the wind (3.2 meters/second) disqualified it as an NCAA record. On the 21st June 2013, Silmon clocked 9.98 in the 100m at the US World Trials. He will be competing at the World Championships at Moscow in August.

The last 3 World Championship 4x100 teams

2013  2015 & 2017 Silmon ran on that 2013 Team.  Again you are talking about 4 of the fastest people in the U.S. every 2 -4 years.  Hell you are just as likely to have someone from N.C. make the team.  Texas is well represented on these elite U.S. Teams.  Gatlin who is a phenom is what you see repeating along with Mike Rodgers

2013 USA Team  Silver

Charles Silmon (TX Kid)  Also ran on the world Jr. 4X100 Team
Mike Rodgers
Mookie Salaam
Justin Gatlin

2015 Team DQ'd

Trayvon Bromell,  Justin Gatlin  Tyson Gay, Mike Rodgers

2017 Team Silver behind Great Britain. 

Mike Rodgers, Justin Gatlin, Jaylen Bacon, Christian Coleman, Beejay Lee*

27 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Devil,  Playa now how many schools are there in Jamaica and it's not just black kids running in Texas either.  The fastest kid in the state is white.  Texas is going to have more teams with faster times.  You and Texasball are the ones arguing depth.  One of yall doesn't believe that the kids are as old as they are listed in Jamaica.

I saw an interview with those Jamaican girls that set the 4x100 record.  I believe those were 14 year old girls. 

Now I don't believe these are 15 -18 year old kids. 🤣 Cuz that's crazy.  But we stacked a 4X400 in the U.S. and beat this.  The announcer is Golden. It's like listening to a Soccer game. 

32 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I believe these are youngsters.  2nd video he asks how old they are.  They are little girls. Helluva Impressive.  

https://www.trackandfieldjm.com/component/jdownloads/send/7-events/583-2019-mckenley-wint-classics-results.html

the link above is a track meet held at Calabar High on Jan 18, 2019 - I don’t really know if this is early for them or not

In total they had 342 boys run the 100m of all ages. 13 of them ran sub 11

the fastest was 10.55 NWI by Christopher Taylor