Track and Field

954gator

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Who in the track world will recognize that windy 9.8?  We know he's fast  but this is the hyper bowl I'm talking about.  

My main problem with the hyper bowl that you and Devil Dog go on about is that after high school all  this Texas speed disappears when it comes to running with the big dogs.  When was the last time someone from Texas was on the relay squad on a big time stage?

Its still the fastest all conditions time in hs history i believe. Second fastest all conditions time was like 10.01 i think somewhere around there. So its still something i guess lol

7 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I saw an interview with those Jamaican girls that set the 4x100 record.  I believe those were 14 year old girls. 

Now I don't believe these are 15 -18 year old kids. 🤣 Cuz that's crazy.  But we stacked a 4X400 in the U.S. and beat this.  The announcer is Golden. It's like listening to a Soccer game. 

When I was 14, I was teaching my little sisters how to swim.  There were 2 young women who were 20 who were watching.  Well after about 30 minutes, the older of my younger sisters says to them my brother likes you.  I say shut up, they are too old for me.  One of them ask how old I am. I tell them I'm 14.  They both look at each other and say we thought you were 19.  

7 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Its still the fastest all conditions time in hs history i believe. Second fastest all conditions time was like 10.01 i think somewhere around there. So its still something i guess lol

Yes sir, his boy Noah Lyles best HS time was with 4.3 wind and he didn’t run sub 10 flat.  

The Weather is not looking good in Austin for May 11th - Thunderstorms every single day of that week including Saturday.

8 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Trayvon Bromell is second at 9.99 +4.0 m/s, but he also received the altitude combo.  Boling hopefully competes in the same event at altitude post season (which for record books is considered still hs prep). A wind legal rip with altitude is Boling’s best friend for sure and as track fans let’s all hope he competes.  

Trentavis Friday has the record wind legal at 10 flat and that was post season but per record books #1 all time.  

12 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Who in the track world will recognize that windy 9.8?  We know he's fast  but this is the hyper bowl I'm talking about.  

My main problem with the hyper bowl that you and Devil Dog go on about is that after high school all  this Texas speed disappears when it comes to running with the big dogs.  When was the last time someone from Texas was on the relay squad on a big time stage?

That's simply not true.  Texas track athletes are competing all around the country at many different colleges.

In my opinion the one kid who was naturally faster than so many we are talking about was Kalon Barnes from last year.

In HS he played football and basketball before ever working on his track game.  His Basketball teams were really good for class 4A so he always got late start for track practice.  Now he is playing Football and doing some track at Baylor.  He did rip 10.2 in one meet this year.  That is the only meet that I can see he has competed in.  Again based on natural running ability and taking into consideration his focus on the sport - I believe he is one of the all time naturally fastest athletes to run in the US.  Had he focused on track-  I believe he would have set records in HS and beyond at least in the United States.  Just my opinion!

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

That's simply not true.  Texas track athletes are competing all around the country at many different colleges.

In my opinion the one kid who was naturally faster than so many we are talking about was Kalon Barnes from last year.

In HS he played football and basketball before ever working on his track game.  His Basketball teams were really good for class 4A so he always got late start for track practice.  Now he is playing Football and doing some track at Baylor.  He did rip 10.2 in one meet this year.  That is the only meet that I can see he has competed in.  Again based on natural running ability and taking into consideration his focus on the sport - I believe he is one of the all time naturally fastest athletes to run in the US.  Had he focused on track-  I believe he would have set records in HS and beyond at least in the United States.  Just my opinion!

I also think Barnes has the potential to do big things on the track.  He has brought it under pressure with others around him capable of beating him.  

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Florida seems to always have good 400m dudes.  If they really wanted to, they could put all-star team together every year that would challenge this time.

We are the king of the 400.  With the new crop of 400 guys the US has now, I think we can lower the 4x400 meter record.

15 hours ago, nptb17 said:

When I was 14, I was teaching my little sisters how to swim.  There were 2 young women who were 20 who were watching.  Well after about 30 minutes, the older of my younger sisters says to them my brother likes you.  I say shut up, they are too old for me.  One of them ask how old I am. I tell them I'm 14.  They both look at each other and say we thought you were 19.  

So your honesty cost you some 20 year old Strange when you were 14. 🤣.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, nptb17 said:

52.25 in the 400m for a freshman girl.  Wowzers!!  Florida State Meet.

Took the 90mile trip north this morning for the FHSAA Track and Field Championships at the U.of N Florida in Jacksonville. We only have 4 classes (1A-4A). Most finals were run today. Friday's rain made for a long sun burning day. 300 hurdles, 200m, and 4x400 had 3 heats in each class with both boys and girls running seeded finals. That makes 24 races (12 boys + 12 girls) for the 300m's, 24 races for 200m's, and 24 races for 4x400's. Add 8-100m finals, 8- 100 & 110hurdles finals, 8- 4x100 finals, 8- 1 mile finals, 8- 400m finals, 2 wheel chair 200m finals, 4 special Ed (short bus) 4x400 finals.......and this old man is burned up and warn out. All Florida records must be run at the state meet. 

Florida Record breakers: 

Dunbar High (Ft Myers) 40.27, 4x100m relay

Piper High (Sunrise, near Ft Lauderdale) Aaliyah Barber (Freshman) 52.25, 400m dash. 

Miami Carol City (Miami Gardens) 3:11.50, 4x400m Relay 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nptb17 said:

What happened with Cooper?

Don't know about the DQ. It wasn't announced at the time. He did get run down in the home stretch in one of the races. I was going to ask one of the always present MNW Bulls fans sitting high up at the finish line, but forgot in all the laughter.  These guys don't miss a big meet. They're knowledgeable, proud trash talking grown ass men. They keep a steady commentary going throughout the event. It's hard to keep up. If you ever get a chance to sit up by them at a football game or a track meet don't pass it up. Their girls and boys program is the Florida Gold Standard where ever they run. They have multiple sets of matching uniforms and change colors all day long. Their supply of interchangeable athletes from sprints to jumps to long distance seems unlimited. I've seen 50+ at Bob Hayes. What a program!!      

• Haha 1