Track and Field

954gator

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

You got to get over the windy BS and give credit where credit is due!

the difference between 3.2 Wind and Wind legal 2.0 is minimal my friend

If the wind is not allowable, a record can't be broken.  3.2 is not even close to wind legal.  DevilDog won't even agree with you on that.

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

There is a huge difference.  

There is some advantages- nobody questions that.  To predict that Desoto couldn’t run faster time running with fast teams is stupid.

Desoto girls been improving all year.  These are not just run of the mill athletes we are talking about in this regard.

Proof - 2 weeks ago they set the national record with 44.44

now they come back at state with no prelims and bust out 44.24 

i personally believe they could run in the 43 range if pushed by the college teams 

i can give you many examples 

Boyd Anderson in 1998 nearly busted 40 flat clicking 40.09 still the fastest Florida time of all time - guess who they was running against Fort Worth Wyatt who ran 39.82 just off their record.  This was done in Florida at the Golden South Classic.

Look at Dunbar this year.   They go from running 42.14 at their region meet to 40.27 at state

they had had been running mid 41 and 42 all year prior to the state meet 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

There is some advantages- nobody questions that.  To predict that Desoto couldn’t run faster time running with fast teams is stupid.

Desoto girls been improving all year.  These are not just run of the mill athletes we are talking about in this regard.

Proof - 2 weeks ago they set the national record with 44.44

now they come back at state with no prelims and bust out 44.24 

i personally believe they could run in the 43 range if pushed by the college teams 

i can give you many examples 

Boyd Anderson in 1998 nearly busted 40 flat clicking 40.09 still the fastest Florida time of all time - guess who they was running against Fort Worth Wyatt who ran 39.82 just off their record.  This was done in Florida at the Golden South Classic.

Look at Dunbar this year.   They go from running 42.14 at their region meet to 40.27 at state

they had had been running mid 41 and 42 all year prior to the state meet 

Solid points but there is a huge difference between men and women and boys and girls.  

13 hours ago, Texasball said:

That’s really stupid.  We see it all the time when teams or individual athletes run with faster people they naturally run little faster.  

For the record Dunbar FL ran 40.27 at their state meet -  But FB Marshall TX who has at least 500 less students posted 40.24 at the state meet - has 39.99 under their belt and at least 2 other times this year posted faster than 40.24.   Now let that sink in and they was not one hit wonder only posting sub 41 at the last meet

Texas Girls won the Big 12 4x100 with a 43.83.  With 3 Fr. &1 Sr.  KSU ran a 44.34 for second.  Like i said Desoto HS girls are College elite and I believe would run a sub 44.00 if pushed.  There is no conference in College where they would not compete.  They would have qualified for NCAAs in the BIG 12 meet.  Let that sink in.  And were not pushed in HS against TX elite.  The fastest 4x100 teams at the HS level

25 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I know Houston has burners.  They will be one of the favorites in the NCAA's in the 4x100.

SEC women's 200m. Results. Texas Fast

1.  Sha'Carri Richardson.  Fr. Dallas Carter 22.57

3.  Danyel White Jr.  Cedar Hill 22.79.  

Texans everywhere.  How is a kid fresh off the 4A State meet last year from Texas smoking the SEC? 😆  Yeah Desoto would get smoked.  Did she become a woman in less than 180 days?  😆

According to Milesplit (historical) there has only been 166 schools all time that have ran under 41 flat.  Many have done it more than once ( for example Desoto boys lead the nation historically for number of times under 41 -  here we are only looking at the number of schools who have done it at least once

of the 166 that have done it 89 are from Texas - which a little more than half 

if you look at the top 500 performances of all time TX has like 377 of them

8 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Texas Girls won the Big 12 4x100 with a 43.83.  With 3 Fr. &1 Sr.  KSU ran a 44.34 for second.  Like i said Desoto HS girls are College elite and I believe would run a sub 44.00 if pushed.  There is no conference in College where they would not compete.  They would have qualified for NCAAs in the BIG 12 meet.  Let that sink in.  And were not pushed in HS against TX elite.  The fastest 4x100 teams at the HS level

The Big 12 has one elite relay team.  Everyone else is average.  The Desoto Girls would show up in the SEC and get flown by.  The Desoto girls would have qualified for the West  Regional's maybe.  Texas won the Big 12 but would have come in 6th in the SEC let that sink in.  At Regional's they'll get LSU, Arkansas and Texas A&M from the SEC along with USC and Oregon from the PAC 12.  Texas probably won't make it to the NCAA's.

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

SEC women's 200m. Results. Texas Fast

1.  Sha'Carri Richardson.  Fr. Dallas Carter 22.57

3.  Danyel White Jr.  Cedar Hill 22.79.  

Texans everywhere.  How is a kid fresh off the 4A State meet last year from Texas smoking the SEC.  😆  Yeah Desoto would get smoked. 

Abby Steiner another Freshman from Ohio was on her azz in 22.59.

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

The Big 12 has one elite relay team.  Everyone else is average.  The Desoto Girls would show up in the SEC and get flown by.  The Desoto girls would have qualified for the West  Regional's maybe.  Texas won the Big 12 but would have come in 6th in the SEC let that sink in.  At Regional's they'll get LSU, Arkansas and Texas A&M from the SEC along with USC and Oregon from the PAC 12.  Texas probably won't make it to the NCAA's.

You do realize those top 5 SEC schools ran their seasons best yesterday.  Accirding to you everything is wind.  The big 12 had negative wind and the Sec had plus wind.  So the Bug 22 200m champ running a 20.39 Andrew Hudson would have smoked the SEC champ Mustaqeem Williams 20.31 with a tailwind.  The SEC ran with wind all day.  

Big 12 women 200m 22.71 vs SEC 22.57 with more wind.  Not as fast as you think.  

4x100 Texas Tech 38.83 vs SEC. LSU 38.85.  Do you still use your wind argument? 😆

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Abby Steiner another Freshman from Ohio was on her azz in 22.59.

👍. She was the fastest loser. 🤣 Guess who won the SEC women's 100. A Fr. From 4A Carter.  With a +2.1 wind Sha'Carri Richardson.  11.00.  😆Steiner finished 4th.  11.29.  She got 3 more years of losing. 

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

You do realize those top 5 SEC schools ran their seasons best yesterday.  Accirding to you everything is wind.  The big 12 had negative wind and the Sec had plus wind.  So the Bug 22 200m champ running a 20.39 Andrew Hudson would have smoked the SEC champ Mustaqeem Williams 20.31 with a tailwind.  The SEC ran with wind all day.  

Big 12 women 200m 22.71 vs SEC 22.57 with more wind.  Not as fast as you think.  

4x100 Texas Tech 38.83 vs SEC. LSU 38.85.  Do you still use your wind argument? 😆

So yo taking the Big 12 Champs over the SEC champs?

9 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

So yo taking the Big 12 Champs over the SEC champs?

They out ran them with less wind.  That's your M.O.  

Texas Tech 4x100.  Texas Speed

Keion Sutton 5A kid from Midlothian Jr.

Andrew Hudson 6A kid from Cibolo St.

Divine Oduduru Nigerian speedster Sr.

Jacolby Shelton Pearland 6A Fr.

4 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Don't dodge.  My M.O. is nothing matters until they are running head up.  Do you like Texas Tech over LSU?  Don't dodge the question.

Yes and i like Houston over them.  How bout that. Tech is loaded if you follow track outside the SEC.  Their meet was no better than the Big 12 with positive wind. Texas women's 4x100 will run faster too. 

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Yes and i like Houston over them.  How bout that. Tech is loaded if you follow track outside the SEC.  Their meet was no better than the Big 12 with positive wind. Texas women's 4x100 will run faster too. 

I like LSU because their anchor already got into Houston's heads, head up.  

The Texas women have no choice but to run faster or they won't be at the NCAA championships.

59 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

👍. She was the fastest loser. 🤣 Guess who won the SEC women's 100. A Fr. From 4A Carter.  With a +2.1 wind Sha'Carri Richardson.  11.00.  😆Steiner finished 4th.  11.29.  She got 3 more years of losing. 

Track is Steiner's second sport.  She's one of the best soccer players in the country.  That said Richardson went to the right school to get faster.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I like LSU because their anchor already got into Houston's heads, head up.  

The Texas women have no choice but to run faster or they won't be at the NCAA championships.

Tech and LSU are the only schools to have B squads with top 10 college times.  Clearly LSU is the favorite but UH and TT damn sure can beat them.  

7 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Track is Steiner's second sport.  She's one of the best soccer players in the country.  That said Richardson went to the right school to get faster.

Steiner is a heckuva athlete.  Richardson was fast b4 she got to LSU. She is a Tx HS Champ 8x 4A Champ.  AAU Jr. Olympic Champ 100m. USTFA 200m bronze. 2017 Pan Am 4x100 Jr. champ. Ran a 11.28 in HS at State. Milesplit #1 girls Sprinter in 2018.  She would have been a handful in the SEC in HS

She was Texas tested 

• Haha 1