Track and Field

954gator

5 hours ago, badrouter said:

They best 10.3 in the 100 meters? And play football? Trying to use measurable, objective standards. Rest assured there aren't "tons" of football players running faster than 10.3. For those that have done so, citation will be needed. And we would be interested to know why they weren't at the U20 Outdoor championships. U20 results.

Show me where i said theres tons of kids running 10.3... pls and lol tyler owens literally graduated like a couple of weeks ago. I said run track at a top tier never did i say a specific time or “they run 10.3”. Nice try at being smart but you failed, seems like youre mad for no reason as i was just naming fast highly recruited football players and i never said they were faster/better or anything than arian smith literally just giving names of fast football guys. And ok ill give you an example of a kid who runs a pretty good time that also plays football but wont be a d1 recruit anywhere. Jose garcia out of harlingen ,TX. Ran a 10.44 legal time as a sophomore this year and a 10.30 with no wind reading. Like i said theres random kids out there who do pretty good in track that just happen to play football but for some reason youre mad lol stop being such a homer 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Show me where i said theres tons of kids running 10.3... pls and lol tyler owens literally graduated like a couple of weeks ago. I said run track at a top tier never did i say a specific time or “they run 10.3”. Nice try at being smart but you failed, seems like youre mad for no reason as i was just naming fast highly recruited football players and i never said they were faster/better or anything than arian smith literally just giving names of fast football guys. And ok ill give you an example of a kid who runs a pretty good time that also plays football but wont be a d1 recruit anywhere. Jose garcia out of harlingen ,TX. Ran a 10.44 legal time as a sophomore this year and a 10.30 with no wind reading. Like i said theres random kids out there who do pretty good in track that just happen to play football but for some reason youre mad lol stop being such a homer 

This is a forum dedicated to high school football. So, a thread on track and field in that forum would figure to tie football players and track times together. So, asking who the fastest high school football player is, using objective and verifiable criteria, makes perfect sense. It wasn't to say there aren't other kids who have great times and play football. But, it appears to be entirely reasonable to say that Arian Smith enters the 2019 season as the fastest high school football player in the country.

Why such disdain for the apostrophe?

23 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

image.png.748e09fc59fa2f1708c718772d64b153.png

I've never followed track enough to have a clue on this, but what kind of improvement, if any, should we expect from high school kids as they move into college and their 20s? What did the times of the guys above look like when they were in high school?

21 hours ago, badrouter said:

I've never followed track enough to have a clue on this, but what kind of improvement, if any, should we expect from high school kids as they move into college and their 20s? What did the times of the guys above look like when they were in high school?

I didn't feel like checking wind gauge (wind legal or not), so these are personal bests I believe from the Americans listed above and I added Noah Lyles, an elite young American as well as the best of all time, Usain Bolt.   Most likely most of these times are wind legal.  

At some point an elite peak happens, but when and how much lower can he go is always a ? 

The HS record of 10 flat in the 100 (wind legal) by Trentavis Friday was his peak at age 18.   He's a 24 year old pro now and trying to get back to his teen peak.  

Rodgers was in the low 10.3 range as a sophomore and his PB as a senior was 10.18   He's had a long and successful career.  He just won a diamond league 100 recently. 

Gatlin's pb in HS was 10.36   He attended Tennessee and the rest we know of course... 

Burell is the son of an elite sprinter (Leroy) and trained under Carl Lewis at Houston.   Like Rodgers, he was running 10.3 range as a soph and his PB in HS was 10.07 rip 

Gillespie was a late bloomer... his PB in HS was only 10.45   

Coleman after his junior season in HS had not broken 11 flat...  he went from 11.15 PB junior year to a 10.29 PB senior year.   He also attended Tennessee like Gatlin.    For fun he tried a 40 yard dash, NFL style a few years back...  that's about as low as you're going to see, because he has one of the fastest starts (if not the fastest) at the elite level.   There's probably a better angle of his start from a side view in another video... it's remarkable to see.  

Usain Bolt at age 17 ran a 19.93 and at age 16 a 20.13 in the 200.   I didn't notice his 100 earlier than at age 20 in 2007, which was a 10.03 PB.   At age 21 he was well below 10 flat.  

Noah Lyles senior year in HS and the Olympic trials catapulted him to elite and pro status.   His PB after junior year was 10.47, followed up with a 10.08 PB at age 18.   He also broke the hs prep national record at age 18 in the Olympic trials with a 20.04 200   He finished 4th and was very close to making the Olympic team (would have made it had Merritt not opted to try for a double gold in the 200/400).  He has a brother Josephus, who is also a pro track sprinter.  

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Texasball said:

@golfaddict1

Can you find a the list of performers who will be running the 100m and 200m against Boling in the PanAm games?

Also - what about the relays???

https://eventos.fecoa.org/Evento.aspx?eve=696&orden=F

Probably too early to see a list of all competitors on one site.   There will be a 4x100 and a 4x400 relay.   Boling will likely do the 100/200/4x100 anchor 

4 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Get us the results from the Boys and girls race.  I couldn't locate them yesterday.

Ryan Martin is a Texas kid from Class 4A Stafford.  Lance Broome 6A Texas Kid from Katy Seven Lakes

1. Fl Kid and 2. IL kid. 3. Tx Kid.   Arian Smith had a great reaction time.  

Boys 100 M High School (Final)

Place Athlete Affiliation Time          
1 Arian SMITH United States 10.41   +0.7     0.161
2 Marcellus MOORE United States 10.46   +0.7     0.188
3 Ryan MARTIN United States 10.56   +0.7     0.193
4 Ryan MULHOLLAND United States 10.60   +0.7     0.173
5 Lance BROOME United States 10.63   +0.7     0.185
6 Tyrese COOPER United States 10.64   +0.7     0.201
7 Myles MISENER-DALEY Canada 10.68   +0.7     0.166

Girls 100 M High School (Final)  TX Girls finish #1 & #6.  This was a tight race.  SC girl #2. PA girl #3

Place Athlete Affiliation Time          
1 Kenondra DAVIS United States 11.43   +1.5     0.162
2 Jayla JAMISON United States 11.44   +1.5     0.189
3 Thelma DAVIES United States 11.46   +1.5     0.251
4 McKenzy PIERRE-WEBSTER Canada 11.51   +1.5     0.193
5 Jasmine RILEY United States 11.52   +1.5     0.199
6 Tianna RANDLE United States 11.57   +1.5     0.187
7 Sydney HOLIDAY United States 11.75   +1.5     0.172
  • Thanks 1