Moving on....

94Packer

Nothing can be done about Rush being gone now. Just have to re focus and move forward. I see no real positive aspect of dwelling on it. They had to collect a LOT of twigs to make a fire that big but they were successful. He essentially made his in bed. So looking forward we do return a lot of talent. Defensive side of the ball is stacked again. We have an experienced QB, serious threats at RB, and WR. I believe our biggest opportunity will be on the OL because of experience. There will be a lot of question marks there. I think the special teams will be okay, but Fitzgerald was a generational talent and to expect the next man up to perform at his level would be insurmountable for most. 

The biggest ? right now is who the new head coach will be. I believe they will be highly selective of whomever is chosen. They better be a Eagle Scout, Southern Baptist with at least an 800 fico score, save  kittens from trees in their spare time, follow orders, be a yes man..... oh yeah and if he can a few ball games it will be great too 🤦‍♂️.

I hope Sean Calhoun is chosen as the next coach. He was the OC for us during the back to back championship years and currently serves as head coach at Carrollton high school

I have heard former assistant Zach Grage mentioned also he is the head coach at Thomasville high.

Troy Hobbs has served as assistant head coach and is currently interim head coach his name is in the hat also.

my question for the board is what other high caliber coaches can you see filling Propst’s. Void at Colquitt and continuing a winning culture here?

4 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

Nothing can be done about Rush being gone now. Just have to re focus and move forward. I see no real positive aspect of dwelling on it. They had to collect a LOT of twigs to make a fire that big but they were successful. He essentially made his in bed. So looking forward we do return a lot of talent. Defensive side of the ball is stacked again. We have an experienced QB, serious threats at RB, and WR. I believe our biggest opportunity will be on the OL because of experience. There will be a lot of question marks there. I think the special teams will be okay, but Fitzgerald was a generational talent and to expect the next man up to perform at his level would be insurmountable for most. 

The biggest ? right now is who the new head coach will be. I believe they will be highly selective of whomever is chosen. They better be a Eagle Scout, Southern Baptist with at least an 800 fico score, save  kittens from trees in their spare time, follow orders, be a yes man..... oh yeah and if he can a few ball games it will be great too 🤦‍♂️.

I hope Sean Calhoun is chosen as the next coach. He was the OC for us during the back to back championship years and currently serves as head coach at Carrollton high school

I have heard former assistant Zach Grage mentioned also he is the head coach at Thomasville high.

Troy Hobbs has served as assistant head coach and is currently interim head coach his name is in the hat also.

my question for the board is what other high caliber coaches can you see filling Propst’s. Void at Colquitt and continuing a winning culture here?

2 questions.. does the Packers Clear staff or do they keep some coaches and second question is Calhoun I highly doubt them hiring anyone affiliated with Rush Propst 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

2 questions.. does the Packers Clear staff or do they keep some coaches and second question is Calhoun I highly doubt them hiring anyone affiliated with Rush Propst 

Honestly I don’t know if any of the coaches will stay other than. Dextra Polite. He is the only true home grown coach on staff. He coaches corners, and is the strength and conditioning coach. . Every one else came from somewhere else. The are some I desperately hope we retain, but I would imagine the assistant coaching carousel just began spining again and could hit another gear depending on what head coach is chosen. 

4 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

Honestly I don’t know if any of the coaches will stay other than. Dextra Polite. He is the only true home grown coach on staff. He coaches corners, and is the strength and conditioning coach. . Every one else came from somewhere else. The are some I desperately hope we retain, but I would imagine the assistant coaching carousel just began spining again and could hit another gear depending on what head coach is chosen. 

My two cents worth.....

Colquitt needs to hire someone that is familiar with the dynamics and politics associated with the program.  Someone who knows the decision makers.  Someone who knows a lot of the kids and their parents.  Someone who can attract the right assistants...cause believe you me...we're about to have a void.  The politics part is more than likely the most important part of the puzzle.  I know that's hard for a lot of people to fathom...but it is what it is in Colquitt County.  The new hire should also be someone who is familiar with the Packer Touchdown Club...if he's gonna have a chance to succeed.  If we make the right hire...we'll see a drop in 2019...but we should be right back on track in 2020.

"94"...you know who my choice is.  I've told you.  Matter of fact...I've told anybody (Packer related) that would listen.  This one is very important.  How we handle it...will say a lot about us...and the people making the decisions.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

My two cents worth.....

Colquitt needs to hire someone that is familiar with the dynamics and politics associated with the program.  Someone who knows the decision makers.  Someone who knows a lot of the kids and their parents.  Someone who can attract the right assistants...cause believe you me...we're about to have a void.  The politics part is more than likely the most important part of the puzzle.  I know that's hard for a lot of people to fathom...but it is what it is in Colquitt County.  The new hire should also be someone who is familiar with the Packer Touchdown Club...if he's gonna have a chance to succeed.  If we make the right hire...we'll see a drop in 2019...but we should be right back on track in 2020.

"94"...you know who my choice is.  I've told you.  Matter of fact...I've told anybody (Packer related) that would listen.  This one is very important.  How we handle it...will say a lot about us...and the people making the decisions.

Rufus>>

Yea unfortunately. People are gonna look at the shit show that just happened and you're gonna scare away quite a few coaching prospects... 

7 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Didn’t some of the current assistant coaches rat out Uncle Rush? What new coach would want those dudes around?

i guess it all depends on who applies but it looks like starting from scratch as far as the staff is concerned 

You are not far from being 100%...unless they hire a guy who does what the Board wants.  I thought it was downright interesting...in such a detailed report...they neglected to print the names of the (4) assistants who accused Rush.  They durn sure threw Kebler (athletic trainer) out there...but the assistants were nameless.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

You are not far from being 100%...unless they hire a guy who does what the Board wants.  I thought it was downright interesting...in such a detailed report...they neglected to print the names of the (4) assistants who accused Rush.  They durn sure threw Kebler (athletic trainer) out there...but the assistants were nameless.

Rufus>>

That was another thing that stood out to me. Are they protecting the names from public ridicule? Or were those eye witness accounts fabricated?

5 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

That was another thing that stood out to me. Are they protecting the names from public ridicule? Or were those eye witness accounts fabricated?

I would truly doubt they were fabricated...but....

1.  If you're gonna put out how much tax Rush owes

2.  If you're gonna put out how much the room cost that he didn't pay for

3.  If you're gonna call out Ryan Kebler by name

4.  What was the reasoning for withholding the names of the assistants who accused Rush?

It just doesn't make any sense.....

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I would truly doubt they were fabricated...but....

1.  If you're gonna put out how much tax Rush owes

2.  If you're gonna put out how much the room cost that he didn't pay for

3.  If you're gonna call out Ryan Kebler by name

4.  What was the reasoning for withholding the names of the assistants who accused Rush?

It just doesn't make any sense.....

Rufus>>

Several things didn't make sense in this rent a cop like investigation.

Another thing that got my attention was one of the board members telling Ryan's dad, "Rush better hope he wins state this year!" duting the season.

I can accept Rush being dismissed. However, the vindictive nature and motivation behind the firing is what rubs me the wrong way. I'd be willing to bet that others feel the same way.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

It’s not tragic, it’s the best thing for your program. Your coach at best was unprofessional, at worst was addicted to opioids and making horrible decisions. Either way, he left your boe no other options...

Where the hell is this coming from?! 

He gave a kid an Aleve. And they never even disclosed wtf the other pill was because no one knows what it is or if he even actually did it. 

I'm not saying he's right for giving him unauthorized meds but Rush himself isn't out here popping pills. 

This whole investigation smells like Hog shit... 

And don't mention the BOE because they're handling this quite shittily... 

You can reveal his taxes and how he charged a hotel stay on the School But you can't reveal the name of said coaches that supposedly witnessed all this? 

Again the BOE just wanted him gone. 

There where other reasons for his firing. 

They say he did all this stuff but the only thing there's any evidence for is the taxes... 

The insubordination is gonna be lopsided to prove because the only people there where Rush and Doug and given how they're treating Rush now I wouldn't doubt if a few of these things are lies... 

Other than that literally 97% of this is just playground rumors... 

Now tell me what if Corona BOE just comes out of nowhere and fires Logan for no real reason... 

Doesn't give any reason other than empty allegations and Owing taxes... 

Oh wait I already know... 

It wouldn't be tragic. 

Just find someone else right it won't effect the program at all... 

9 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Where the hell is this coming from?! 

He gave a kid an Aleve. And they never even disclosed wtf the other pill was because no one knows what it is or if he even actually did it. 

I'm not saying he's right for giving him unauthorized meds but Rush himself isn't out here popping pills. 

This whole investigation smells like Hog shit... 

And don't mention the BOE because they're handling this quite shittily... 

You can reveal his taxes and how he charged a hotel stay on the School But you can't reveal the name of said coaches that supposedly witnessed all this? 

Again the BOE just wanted him gone. 

There where other reasons for his firing. 

They say he did all this stuff but the only thing there's any evidence for is the taxes... 

The insubordination is gonna be lopsided to prove because the only people there where Rush and Doug and given how they're treating Rush now I wouldn't doubt if a few of these things are lies... 

Other than that literally 97% of this is just playground rumors... 

Now tell me what if Corona BOE just comes out of nowhere and fires Logan for no real reason... 

Doesn't give any reason other than empty allegations and Owing taxes... 

Oh wait I already know... 

It wouldn't be tragic. 

Just find someone else right it won't effect the program at all... 

Here’s my thing if was just Aleve then ok whatever Propst made a bad call .. but if it’s something stronger than Aleve which the paper is makeing it seem like then ya Propst in serious 💩 

666999CC-2574-45BA-BF76-B977C7C29941.jpeg

8 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Stop being stupid fanboys! I read the same stuff you guys read. No one gives someone Aleve! People don’t keep Aleve in their front pocket. All you Peter puffing probst boys need to man up! He’s gone, he left your asses, he’s not coming back!

I've had Aleve in my pocket on multiple occasions actually.

I'd be careful what you say, especially when it is completely false and defaming.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Stop being stupid fanboys! I read the same stuff you guys read. No one gives someone Aleve! People don’t keep Aleve in their front pocket. All you Peter puffing probst boys need to man up! He’s gone, he left your asses, he’s not coming back!

"no one gives some Aleve" wtf where are you from?! Thousands of people keep Aleve,Tylenol and antacids on hand at all times.These are all common medicines that you can easily get access to and are commonly used on a daily basis. 

"he left"... 

Your reading comprehension is the equivalent of that of a 1st grader then... 

The article literally says he was fired... On top of all that everyone has been saying he was fired. 

He didn't willingly leave.