Waaaaaaaaaaay too early 2019 SoCal top 5...

Eddyr2

58 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

By the way, did you see the documentary on High School qb's with Real and the GA kid. That really gave me an insight as to the coaching at SJB. That offensive coordinator for SJB was some kind of prick. I wouldn't want to play for someone like that. I would think Rollo and MD's staff treat their kids a little better.  

I have not seen that documentary but the O coordinator for Bosco at that time was Chad Johnson who is now the head coach at Missio Viejo. I can’t speak for how the Bosco staff interacts with the players, but I haven’t really heard anything particularly negative in the past. As for Rollinson’s staff at MD, the man behind the offense for the past almost 30 years and the true ‘QB whisperer’ is Dave Money. The players for MD over the years would run through a wall for coach Rollo.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I have not seen that documentary but the O coordinator for Bosco at that time was Chad Johnson who is now the head coach at Missio Viejo. I can’t speak for how the Bosco staff interacts with the players, but I haven’t really heard anything particularly negative in the past. As for Rollinson’s staff at MD, the man behind the offense for the past almost 30 years and the true ‘QB whisperer’ is Dave Money. The players for MD over the years would run through a wall for coach Rollo.

Who’s Rollo?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Damn that’s a deep list, my brain got me MD and Bosco....

Who are the others, again?

Regards

BGW

#3 would have been the best team in your state the last 3 years 

#4 you will find out about in September 

#5 is an agricultural school 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Excuse Thread material

You don’t know the difference between an excuse and a legitimate reason.

One legitimate reason is when a key player is injured.

An excuse is when one team whines that they had to play in a monsoon while their opponent had a dry field.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

You don’t know the difference between an excuse and a legitimate reason.

One legitimate reason is when a key player is injured.

An excuse is when one team whines that they had to play in a monsoon while their opponent had a dry field.

Lol.  No one said there was a dry field for anyone.  But one team ran the spread and the monsoon made  tacking also difficult for the spread team.   There is your “explanation”

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Lol.  No one said there was a dry field for anyone.  But one team ran the spread and the monsoon made  tacking also difficult for the spread team.   There is your “explanation”

I was exaggerating for effect.  But what’s this “monsoon made tackling ... difficult for the spread team?”

Are you saying the monsoon had no effect on the other team’s tackling? 🧐

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

MD was missing a 5️ OLB, 5️ CB, 5️ OT, 4️ FS,  3️ WR and 3️ SS...so MD wasn’t a full strength either...

DEB7DAEA-BD24-4FF7-9956-F2CFA2E438FF.gif

Rollo must have Been super Stressed out having to replace all those 5 star Dudes with 4 star dudes...🤣🤣🤣

A true sign of “Great Coaching” that he could coach those guys up enough to beat a team with 2 5 Star Dudes and a bunch of no star dudes!!!...🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Rollo must have Been super Stressed out having to replace all those 5 star Dudes with 4 star dudes...🤣🤣🤣

A true sign of “Great Coaching” that he could coach those guys up enough to beat a team with 2 5 Star Dudes and a bunch of no star dudes!!!...🙂

5️ OT got replaced by a 3️ DT, 5️ CB got replaced by a 3️...everyone else got replaced by unranked players...and if you want to see great coaching check out these games...

12 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

5️ OT got replaced by a 3️ DT, 5️ CB got replaced by a 3️...everyone else got replaced by unranked players...and if you want to see great coaching check out these games...

Ha!!!... My Bad... He must have called the 3 star dudes up from the JV...🤣🤣🤣

As far as the games above go, CC lost due to bad QB play, (4 pick 6’s) .... IMG and Bosco could have gone either way... And Bosco did Beat MD by 3 TD earlier in the year....

I believe that #11 on DLS Is = #5 on MD to their team’s success... If #5 on MD is Hurt and not making all those Clutch plays We are having a different conversation in my opinion....

And yes @Sammyswordsman I understand this post is great  DLS, CC, SJB, And IMG Excuse Thread Material!!!...🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

They didn’t have to...they won state and a part of the MNC 2 weeks before they played DLS

Settle down

Your team lost to DLS 42-0 and then didn’t win a section title for 20 years befor getting different sorts of kids 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pops said:

Settle down

Your team lost to DLS 42-0 and then didn’t win a section title for 20 years befor getting different sorts of kids 

Yep...I was on the field when we lost that game...

MD has done okay the past 2 years “different sorts of kids”...what do you mean by that?

23 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

By the way, did you see the documentary on High School qb's with Real and the GA kid. That really gave me an insight as to the coaching at SJB. That offensive coordinator for SJB was some kind of prick. I wouldn't want to play for someone like that. I would think Rollo and MD's staff treat their kids a little better.  

That show took some liberties with editing. I've known CJ since he was in the 6th grade. He is cocky, but not the prick the show displayed. The show really downplayed how big of divas Real and his dad were too. And that's with all the footage of them being divas. 

His "injury" was due to him legitimately losing his starting job over poor play and DJ being better. 

There's a reason why St. Mission Viejo has kept up its recruiting despite Sponge Bob retiring. Kids do want to play for him. 

• Like 1