Waaaaaaaaaaay too early 2019 SoCal top 5...

Eddyr2

11 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

5️ OT got replaced by a 3️ DT, 5️ CB got replaced by a 3️...everyone else got replaced by unranked players...and if you want to see great coaching check out these games...

Dude Shakobe needs to seriously consider taking some anger management classes. 5:20 into the MD vs the Centennial pups game he finishes a run by first trying to lock his legs around the head of the player that tackled him. Then it looks like he tried to kick him also. 

And MD had a 28-0 lead at that point. 

Plus the infamous spit in the open game. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

MD has always had athletes, 2 that won heismans, one was a record breaking QB at Hawaii, several played in the league. So I get what you mean by “athletes”...

your prior comments was boarding on Rab-ish...

Really

i can’t respomd to your poor sportsmanship, acting like the teams YOU played for didn’t lose more often and more embarrassingly to DLS, by correctly noting that MD didn’t previously pursue mercenary elite football players without you pulling the race card?

I was just going to say “face spitters” but I guess that was a 4-year MD kid

29 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Can’t believe that I’m the only one who got this. Nice pull, golf!

Classic TV :)  

I can't believe nobody dug my Christopher Cross Sailing parody lyrics...  :( I thought it was a clever use of 5 minutes but the PrepGridiron "Sandman" yanked my ass off the stage, lol.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Dude Shakobe needs to seriously consider taking some anger management classes. 5:20 into the MD vs the Centennial pups game he finishes a run by first trying to lock his legs around the head of the player that tackled him. Then it looks like he tried to kick him also. 

And MD had a 28-0 lead at that point. 

Plus the infamous spit in the open game. 

Lost all respect for that kid after spitgate.  This just seals it.  It's gotta be little man disease.  Napoleon and what not.  Lol

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Not even close brother.  Still a big fan of Sanford & Son.

Maybe my favorite line from S & S:  

“Esther, you so ugly that we could stick your face in some dough, and make gorilla cookies”.

Aunt Esther would say, “Fred Sanford...you ol’ heathen!”

classic!🤣🤣

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Maybe my favorite line from S & S:  

“Esther, you so ugly that we could stick your face in some dough, and make gorilla cookies”.

Aunt Esther would say, “Fred Sanford...you ol’ heathen!”

classic!🤣🤣

Haha.  Esther and her little old lady friend that was old with her.  Halleluyah sista!!!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

That show took some liberties with editing. I've known CJ since he was in the 6th grade. He is cocky, but not the prick the show displayed. The show really downplayed how big of divas Real and his dad were too. And that's with all the footage of them being divas. 

His "injury" was due to him legitimately losing his starting job over poor play and DJ being better. 

There's a reason why St. Mission Viejo has kept up its recruiting despite Sponge Bob retiring. Kids do want to play for him. 

The show just pointed out how SJB has become a " Win at all Costs" program. Lots of money paying for all those kid's tuitions and lots of money for coaches.  Lots of pressure and They have to produce like at the collegiate  level to justify  paying out all that money.  Real was in a very tough situation, coming off a great junior season only to struggle early and then getting the job yanked from him by coaches who couldn't afford  patience and a let down. I see it from both sides, Real's father being the diva, and the coaches trying to act like they are supportive and all of Real, but behind his back they were quick to toss him aside. What a growing experience for Real to stick it out, and I don't blame him for not allowing himself to be  used as a pawn and risking injury playing another position while he had the offer from Iowa St.

Dela had a similar situation with their qb Bart Houston in 2011, though not similar in everything. First is, there was no 5 star qb waiting in the wings. Bart was coming off of two consecutive state championships starting his senior season He was selected to go to the Elite 11 qb camp and expectations were high. His first game of season against Bellarmine  he had 2 int and 2 fumbles ( one of which was returned for TD ) all in the 1rst half. Should have had another int that was dropped. He was horrible. Second game he over threw all his passes, and the 3rd game against STA he was awful again, fumbling twice and being real indecisive. Some of the players parents were really upset at him, blaming him for the teams struggles. Bart regrouped after the STA game and slowly regained his form and had no to's for the remainder of season and team got their game together and won another state title. 

My point is, Bart wasn't thrown off of the bus, and coaches supported him and he and team came through as usual. At  SJB it seems that isn't the case. Too much pressure and money at stake. Not a normal H.S. experience. More like an academy  All star experience. At Dela  coaching emphasizes  teaching life principles though the sport of  football. Of course they are competetive and want to win, but there is a line drawn.  I'm a Real fan after watching him  walk through that experience and I hope he does well in whatever he does in future. Do you know  if he is still at Iowa St and is he playing QB ? 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

The show just pointed out how SJB has become a " Win at all Costs" program. Lots of money paying for all those kid's tuitions and lots of money for coaches.  Lots of pressure and They have to produce like at the collegiate  level to justify  paying out all that money.  Real was in a very tough situation, coming off a great junior season only to struggle early and then getting the job yanked from him by coaches who couldn't afford  patience and a let down. I see it from both sides, Real's father being the diva, and the coaches trying to act like they are supportive and all of Real, but behind his back they were quick to toss him aside. What a growing experience for Real to stick it out, and I don't blame him for not allowing himself to be  used as a pawn and risking injury playing another position while he had the offer from Iowa St.

Dela had a similar situation with their qb Bart Houston in 2011, though not similar in everything. First is, there was no 5 star qb waiting in the wings. Bart was coming off of two consecutive state championships starting his senior season He was selected to go to the Elite 11 qb camp and expectations were high. His first game of season against Bellarmine  he had 2 int and 2 fumbles ( one of which was returned for TD ) all in the 1rst half. Should have had another int that was dropped. He was horrible. Second game he over threw all his passes, and the 3rd game against STA he was awful again, fumbling twice and being real indecisive. Some of the players parents were really upset at him, blaming him for the teams struggles. Bart regrouped after the STA game and slowly regained his form and had no to's for the remainder of season and team got their game together and won another state title. 

My point is, Bart wasn't thrown off of the bus, and coaches supported him and he and team came through as usual. At  SJB it seems that isn't the case. Too much pressure and money at stake. Not a normal H.S. experience. More like an academy  All star experience. At Dela  coaching emphasizes  teaching life principles though the sport of  football. Of course they are competetive and want to win, but there is a line drawn.  I'm a Real fan after watching him  walk through that experience and I hope he does well in whatever he does in future. Do you know  if he is still at Iowa St and is he playing QB ? 

If DLS would have had a significantly better QB that kid would have played.DJ was and is a significantly better QB than Real and really that’s all there is to it.Dont get Hollywood editing to create drama in a show confused with reality 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ararar said:

If DLS would have had a significantly better QB that kid would have played.DJ was and is a significantly better QB than Real and really that’s all there is to it.Dont get Hollywood editing to create drama in a show confused with reality 

The kid is better with much higher upside for sure, but as a soph he wasn't that much better. Real was terrific down he stretch in 2016. Did he struggle, and have a lot of pressure on him with very little support from coaches in 2017  to start season ? Yes. DJ came in with no pressure and saved the day against SJC, but as a whole, SJB did not live up to expectations with him as qb either. He struggled later in season also with growing pains. As I said, it was tough situation for Real to be in, with no room to work his way through his rough start. Read my post again as I think it says what I needed with out having to repeat myself.

3 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

The kid is better with much higher upside for sure, but as a soph he wasn't that much better. Real was terrific down he stretch in 2016. Did he struggle, and have a lot of pressure on him with very little support from coaches in 2017  to start season ? Yes. DJ came in with no pressure and saved the day against SJC, but as a whole, SJB did not live up to expectations with him as qb either. He struggled later in season also with growing pains. As I said, it was tough situation for Real to be in, with no room to work his way through his rough start. Read my post again as I think it says what I needed with out having to repeat myself.

Re'al and SJB had success in 2016 because they had an all-world rushing attack, anchored by an O-Line with Wyatt Davis and that played to Re'al's strength as a run-first QB. In 2017 they didn't have the same luxury and Re'al's passing game got exposed by great to elite D-Lines. Saying he got the job yanked from him is patently false. DJ came in and won the SJC game in the 4th. The next game, against OLU, Re'al and DJ alternated series and it was clear that DJ was simply better - at least with the 2017 SJB offense. After the OLU game, once it was clear that DJ was consistently outperforming Re'al (and that the SJC comeback wasn't a fluke) and that he would at best be splitting time, that is when he got "injured" - which was transparently bogus to everyone. If anything, Re'al (or his father's) selfishness in refusing to split time with DJ, actually hurt SJB's chances at beating MD that year. Imagine the possibilities if you have both DJ and Re'al on the field at the same time - even if for a handful of plays per game. I certainly wouldn't want to game plan against that...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Re'al and SJB had success in 2016 because they had an all-world rushing attack, anchored by an O-Line with Wyatt Davis and that played to Re'al's strength as a run-first QB. In 2017 they didn't have the same luxury and Re'al's passing game got exposed by great to elite D-Lines. Saying he got the job yanked from him is patently false. DJ came in and won the SJC game in the 4th. The next game, against OLU, Re'al and DJ alternated series and it was clear that DJ was simply better - at least with the 2017 SJB offense. After the OLU game, once it was clear that DJ was consistently outperforming Re'al (and that the SJC comeback wasn't a fluke) and that he would at best be splitting time, that is when he got "injured" - which was transparently bogus to everyone. If anything, Re'al (or his father's) selfishness in refusing to split time with DJ, actually hurt SJB's chances at beating MD that year. Imagine the possibilities if you have both DJ and Re'al on the field at the same time - even if for a handful of plays per game. I certainly wouldn't want to game plan against that...

Yep...Re’al not playing in the MD was a gift from the theotokos...MD17’s defense has a lot of problems with mobile qb’s (St Margarita scored 35 on them)...harder to send 7 on an all out blitz if the QB can run a 4.4 40...

40 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Then why did you repeat yourself?

your attempt to portray DLS as the good guys and SJB as the bad guys was transparent.

like I said it’s very simple the better player plays and there is nothing else to see here