Sign in to follow this  
Sammyswordsman

Calpreps State Scaling

After years ofECHS05 pinging Ned for Georgia to be given Calif like consideration regarding beginning power points, and the subsequent collapse of Ga High school football in 2018, the question is will Ned retaliate for being embarrassed by the results.

Personally, I think that the DC/MD area should be rated up a notch over last year, as well as some of the Dallas and Houston programs.  Georgia should be lowered a notch based on coaching changes and their OOS struggles.

I am sure that most guys on here would agree with me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

After years of pinging Ned for Georgia to be given Calif like consideration regarding beginning power points, and the subsequent collapse of Ga High school football in 2018, the question is will Ned retaliate for being embarrassed by the results.

Personally, I think that the DC/MD area should be rated up a notch over last year, as well as some of the Dallas and Houston programs.  Georgia should be lowered a notch based on coaching changes and their OOS struggles.

You,Ned, and every other Jolly Mary McBigMouth can shove it back up your ass... 

We got far more important issues going on other than what you think.

Game performance vs site prediction is what moved GA up.  The site even discusses it.  

I believe Freeman adjusts annually now.  So you can view the power state ratings for 2018 and see where GA’s overall rating was and their sos overall... and as the 2019 season gets on you can check back and see.   If GA is lacking marquee games regular season, the rating system will reflect it, especially a top 50 rating as the site does.  

Anyone have a list of GA OOS tilts thus far?   Also in-state Intereting matchups of interest.  Thx.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

After years ofECHS05 pinging Ned for Georgia to be given Calif like consideration regarding beginning power points, and the subsequent collapse of Ga High school football in 2018, the question is will Ned retaliate for being embarrassed by the results.

Show me where the numbers say Georgia collapsed OOS. 

Not some made up nonsense by a fanboy.

#5 SFA beating #67 Lee Co.?

#20 St. Johns & #90 Good Counsel beating #483 Marietta by 7 & 12 points? The #s say Marietta outperformed by 20.8 & 3.1 points respectively.

Colquitt outperformed by 5.8 points in their OOS game.

Milton outperformed by 23 points in their OOS game.

Archer underperformed by 1.7 points... But they also won 51-17. 

Lowndes outperformed by 21.1 points in their OOS game.

Grayson underperformed by 10.4 ... The only actual bad performance for GA... And thats not that bad. And their HC got canned.

Bring math & facts, not fanboy hypocrisy. Lets just agree this isnt an argument you want to have with me. You'll lose. Ill let you limp away without any further embarrassment, you're welcome. 

• Haha 1

Calpreps had an Iowa team over Miami Northwestern in 2007. The year MNW won the National Title. 

An Iowa team. Say that out loud. Lol. 

That MNW had more D1 players on it than the whole state of Iowa. 

Calpreps is about is credible as CNN holding the Steele Dossier. 

Its garbage in, garbage out, and the only people who cite that trash are the ones who are pushing a narrative that is supported by Cal-Shits 

• Haha 1

Follow along with Ned Freeman's version of Scaling... sing along!   :)  

Well, it's not far down to parodies, at least it's not for me
And if the wins is right you can scale away and find tranquility
Oh, the CalPreps can do miracles, just you wait and see.
Believe me.

It's not far to Mythical-Champion land, no reason to pretend
And if the wins is right you can find the joy of D1 sense again
Believe me.

Scaling takes me away to where I've always heard it could be
Just a dream and the wins to carry me
And soon maybe IMG.  

Fantasy, it gets the best of me when I'm scaling 
All caught up in the reverie,  every turd has it in for me 
Won't you believe me?

And soon Georgia rises to 3.   

Well it's not far back to parody, at least it's not for me
And if the wins is right you can scale away and rate Cali top 3
Believe me.

And soon preseason 1 SJB.    

• Like 1

Riddle me this. 

Columbia 10-2 finishes #15 in Florida after losing to Robert E Lee in the playoffs.

Robert E Lee also finishes the season 10-2 but finishes #19 

say whaaaa 

19 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Show me where the numbers say Georgia collapsed OOS. 

lol

As I recall, the collapse was so spectacular I came out of retirement.

Not sure how you missed it.

• Haha 3

The best oos result for GA by far was State Champ Milton skull denting State Champ Cardinal Gibbons 

the worst oos result I would guess would be Florida #42 beating State Champ Bainbridge. 

Other than that everything else seems like an expected outcome. 

What else is there that could be debated? 

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Riddle me this. 

Columbia 10-2 finishes #15 in Florida after losing to Robert E Lee in the playoffs.

say whaaaa 

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

I wasn’t comparing scores. Robert E Lee won head up on week 12 against a team they finished with identical records with. 

10-2 vs 10-2

ill take the head to head over SOS 

32 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I wasn’t comparing scores. Robert E Lee won head up on week 12 against a team they finished with identical records with. 

10-2 vs 10-2

They played twice and split.  Both were close, not to mention Columbia had a freshman backup QB in most of the game in the playoffs.  Any advantage the playoff boost gave them was returned to deuce, advantage Columbia and game Columbia once Lee underperformed by 48 points vs Edgewater.  You created a thread on a wtf result... I think it had an impact on Lee’s overall rating, especially if two teams were closely rated prior   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Sammy knows how to bait the hook, that’s for damn sure. 

Regards,

BGW

Sammy be like... Who needs hooks bro?! I just be catching fish like nothing doing. 

XGv0I4A.gif.4ad3d5fc1fc4df8aa67aeced1d5e237d.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2019 at 5:24 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Riddle me this. 

say whaaaa 

Both of Columbia losses were by within 7 total points

Columbia also had wins over Lee, Madison county (state champ), Bolles (3rd round team), as well as playoff teams Gainesville, Suwannee, Buchholz, and Fletcher

Also the fact Lee got demolished at home by Edgewater 

Also as @golfaddict1 mentioned Columbia was playing with a bloody freshman QB entire second half and nearly came back from 31-7 down to win with that freshman who hadn't played a varsity snap the entire season 

I can see why we would be ranked higher and most people that I spoke to across the state had Columbia higher than Lee the entire season

On 3/19/2019 at 8:57 PM, Nolebull813 said:

10-2 vs 10-2

That only applies if the other team never beat them

I remember it was established on this board before that there is no playoff boost in a head to head game and that computer wise it counts same whether it regular season or playoffs

In a team splitting than edge probably has to go to SOS and quality of wins, both of which Columbia has a decisive edge

On 3/19/2019 at 9:29 PM, golfaddict1 said:

They played twice and split.  Both were close, not to mention Columbia had a freshman backup QB in most of the game in the playoffs.  Any advantage the playoff boost gave them was returned to deuce, advantage Columbia and game Columbia once Lee underperformed by 48 points vs Edgewater.  You created a thread on a wtf result... I think it had an impact on Lee’s overall rating, especially if two teams were closely rated prior   

This ^

💯

15 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

That only applies if the other team never beat them

I remember it was established on this board before that there is no playoff boost in a head to head game and that computer wise it counts same whether it regular season or playoffs

In a team splitting than edge probably has to go to SOS and quality of wins, both of which Columbia has a decisive edge

CalPreps boosts playoff games as does Massey.   Pinkos not sure, as they may have some formula adding more emphasis on later games, which essentially is the same thing (boosting playoff vs regular season).  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

CalPreps boosts playoff games as does Massey.   Pinkos not sure, as they may have some formula adding more emphasis on later games, which essentially is the same thing (boosting playoff vs regular season).  

Didn't realize that

Well I'm sure when Lee got demolished by Edgewater that is what caused them to drop significantly

46 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Didn't realize that

Well I'm sure when Lee got demolished by Edgewater that is what caused them to drop significantly

Definitely.   CalPreps had a little separation, but Massey actually had Lee, Columbia and Plant back to back to back in not only 7A, but FL (17-19) and national ratings (234-236).  

image.png.5179eed7b3e251b024163d41ff879e3d.png

Like CalPreps, Massey had Lee favored by 13.5-14 pt range and thus under performed by roughly 48 points.   Don't mind the rating #'s as that's postseason and not reflective of the 11/23 pre game rating.  

image.thumb.png.384d131da7a21cdf479a1a0e3d80770d.png

image.thumb.png.be08dfaec34043cfe1c6bc78c489bcd1.png

image.png.e3bfacd429a925244f614ea40d62dd4c.png

image.png.623748bcc640e162b11291aea48a5e85.png

Power rating hit Lee with that Edgewater game especially (used for predictions and weighted for recent performances vs. the Rating scale, which is full year to date overall performance).   I dig the novelty of the ratings categories though with Off and Def ratings as well (right or wrong as it is, fun to view imo like CP's stuff like dynasty ratings, top individual year etc.)   

On 3/19/2019 at 6:48 PM, noonereal said:

lol

As I recall, the collapse was so spectacular I came out of retirement.

Not sure how you missed it.

Particularly which games were a huge collapse? And how?