GOP Steve King shares meme touting red states in potential modern-day civil war

RedZone

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You can have one, but use the ID that is useful for most such as gov issued housing ID, school ID, etc.  as opposed to declining those but allowing concealed carry license as valid ID.  It’s not hard to figure out what demographic uses which types.  

Poor whites are segregated from poor minorities they don’t live in the same areas, so closing polling locations in black majority areas is not the same as poor white areas.  

Make DMV license good for voting. Problem solved. Most ifnt all states require an ID anyway don’t they? Can’t use school ID, dunno what housing ID is, for most things where ID is needed. So I still disagree with that.  Most things in life need a valid state or federal ID.

1000s of polling stations across the country where forced to close because they weren’t compliant with American Disabilities Act and local governments didn’t have millions of dollars to get polling  stations compliant. Majority of others across the country where closed due to budgets, lack of workers and early voting, mail in options. 

Im sorry man, I don’t believe in it only hurts minorities bs. These closures affected millions of voters across the country. 

The thing that gets me is there was still polling places few miles away or closer where polls closed. It’s not like they had to drive 100 miles away to vote or even 10 probably.

Simple solution is they could’ve mailed in their vote if they couldn’t find 30 mins of time in the last 2 years to get to DMV to get an ID.

18 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Make DMV license good for voting. Problem solved. Most ifnt all states require an ID anyway don’t they? Can’t use school ID, dunno what housing ID is, for most things where ID is needed. So I still disagree with that.  Most things in life need a valid state or federal ID.

1000s of polling stations across the country where forced to close because they weren’t compliant with American Disabilities Act and local governments didn’t have millions of dollars to get polling  stations compliant. Majority of others across the country where closed due to budgets, lack of workers and early voting, mail in options. 

Im sorry man, I don’t believe in it only hurts minorities bs. These closures affected millions of voters across the country. 

The thing that gets me is there was still polling places few miles away or closer where polls closed. It’s not like they had to drive 100 miles away to vote or even 10 probably.

Simple solution is they could’ve mailed in their vote if they couldn’t find 30 mins of time in the last 2 years to get to DMV to get an ID.

They implemented these ID requirements months not years before the elections in some states.  Especially in TX 

I didn’t say it only impacted minorities but it impacted them the most along with the purging of files.  Look, I’m not gonna go over the laundry list of each state and the case against them.  From NC, GA, TX, they each have issues and complaints against them.  

Research it... cheers 

13 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You can have one, but use the ID that is useful for most such as gov issued housing ID, school ID, etc.  as opposed to declining those but allowing concealed carry license as valid ID.  It’s not hard to figure out what demographic uses which types.  

Poor whites are segregated from poor minorities they don’t live in the same areas, so closing polling locations in black majority areas is not impacting poor white areas.  

Secondly, show me the history of systemic, purposeful disfranchisement of poor whites.  Thx 

Their Fathers didnt believe it 50 years ago either.  I no longer expect the Son's to act any different and clearly they don't.  Anything you say is complaining to them and not accepting responsibility.  

More effective to educate the ones agreived then seek understanding from those privileged to never suffer such acts of disfranchisement.

Benjamin Banneker decades ago wrote Jefferson a letter that was very revealing. 500 yrs later the Jeffersonians haven't changed.  That letter should be required reading by us at age 7 and every year thereafter along with Willie Lynch.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2019 at 6:44 AM, HSFBfan said:

It's a swing state that could go either way. 

and on to the original post. The red states would destroy the blue states. 

Ny even though a blue state has enough gun touting red supporters in it to take care of the liberals 

Except y'all would be broke and without any technology as well.  Blues just be sitting back sipping cognac while playing with their remote drones droping y'all like flies.  It would be ugly and over quickly. 

21 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Poor whites are segregated from poor minorities they don’t live in the same areas, so closing polling locations in black majority areas is not impacting poor white areas.  

Secondly, show me the history of systemic, purposeful disfranchisement of poor whites.  Thx 

School Id is not government issued 

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Except y'all would be broke and without any technology as well.  Blues just be sitting back sipping cognac while playing with their remote drones droping y'all like flies.  It would be ugly and over quickly. 

Except you all would be fighting with each other, blowing each other up before you got to the reds. 🤙

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

It should never be used. It's not a government Id.  And also at least the ones I had never had any kind of expiration on them so they could be used at any time. 

Require IDs have signature, expiration date, name and photo and the students must bring current enrollment receipt to polling station. That should be fine.