Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Woodchopper

Rush has spoken

Recommended Posts

Statement from Coach Rush Propst:

I greatly appreciate the many words of support and encouragement I have received during the last week from so many people throughout our community. It has meant a great deal to me and my family.
 
I believe that certain individuals conducted an investigation into me that they shrouded in secrecy. They developed the conclusions of the investigation before they determined the facts. The entire process was extremely unfair to me. In fact, I was never interviewed and didn’t learn of the allegations, despite requests, until I read the paper Friday. I want to assure everyone that much of the information presented is totally false and the rest is misleading half-truths meant to damage my reputation and support pre-determined actions. As a coach, I always expect “fair play;” but I don’t believe it has happened in this instance.
 
I have been blessed with a very successful 38 plus-year coaching career. In the eleven years I’ve been here, we have built a great program and helped hundreds of students get college scholarships and many more young men begin successful lives in their communities. I am very proud of our success in Colquitt County.
 
There has been a lot of speculation and rumor because of the way Mr. Howell pursued this investigation and how he distributed his conclusions. It is very sad to see this create division in our community. Please don’t join too quickly in arguments with friends and family.
 
I look forward to addressing the many false and misleading statements made about me in the very near future. In the meantime, I am assessing my options.
 
Coach Propst

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

Statement from Coach Rush Propst:

I greatly appreciate the many words of support and encouragement I have received during the last week from so many people throughout our community. It has meant a great deal to me and my family.
 
I believe that certain individuals conducted an investigation into me that they shrouded in secrecy. They developed the conclusions of the investigation before they determined the facts. The entire process was extremely unfair to me. In fact, I was never interviewed and didn’t learn of the allegations, despite requests, until I read the paper Friday. I want to assure everyone that much of the information presented is totally false and the rest is misleading half-truths meant to damage my reputation and support pre-determined actions. As a coach, I always expect “fair play;” but I don’t believe it has happened in this instance.
 
I have been blessed with a very successful 38 plus-year coaching career. In the eleven years I’ve been here, we have built a great program and helped hundreds of students get college scholarships and many more young men begin successful lives in their communities. I am very proud of our success in Colquitt County.
 
There has been a lot of speculation and rumor because of the way Mr. Howell pursued this investigation and how he distributed his conclusions. It is very sad to see this create division in our community. Please don’t join too quickly in arguments with friends and family.
 
I look forward to addressing the many false and misleading statements made about me in the very near future. In the meantime, I am assessing my options.
 
Coach Propst

Like I said in the previous thread, I'm guessing this will not be going away peacefully into the night.  Crazy times in Norman Ga.  I will ask, will this cause major distractions to the kids getting ready for the coming season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For someone who brought that much success and prosperity to a school and community they did him damn dirty. He might be a little rough around the edges (Lol) but the pros vastly outweigh the cons. Like with Trump 😉

Anyways, I wish him good luck in finding another team and community to bless with success and prosperity 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nolebull813 said:

For someone who brought that much success and prosperity to a school and community they did him damn dirty. He might be a little rough around the edges (Lol) but the pros vastly outweigh the cons. Like with Trump 😉

Anyways, I wish him good luck in finding another team and community to bless with success and prosperity 

Well, I have it from good authority that Probst didn't much care for trump and voted for Hillary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Like I said in the previous thread, I'm guessing this will not be going away peacefully into the night.  Crazy times in Norman Ga.  I will ask, will this cause major distractions to the kids getting ready for the coming season?

I think the answer to your question depends greatly on who we hire.

 

 

Rufus>>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rufus69 said:

I think the answer to your question depends greatly on who we hire.

 

 

Rufus>>

I hear ya hoss, but if he starts some sort of campaign to "clear" his name, will it not be a distraction to the kids and community? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I hear ya hoss, but if he starts some sort of campaign to "clear" his name, will it not be a distraction to the kids and community? 

Well...it will be to some of the community.  Most of us know that Rush has coached his last game at Colquitt.  If he goes hard to clear his name...Hell...I'll back him as much as I can.  BUT....and that's a big but....my No.1 interest is the Packer Football Program.  I will do my part (and yours) to ensure our Program moves forward and achieves the absolute best success it can.

I give you my word.........

 

 

Rufus>>

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with Rufus. First line of support goes to my community and the Packers. 

The BOE and administration have laid out that Rush is gone, and that isn't going to change. Lot's of other stuff is likely to change in the future due to their actions though, and it's not all limited to football. 

Especially as the other side of the story starts to show up.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm with Rufus. First line of support goes to my community and the Packers. 

The BOE and administration have laid out that Rush is gone, and that isn't going to change. Lot's of other stuff is likely to change in the future due to their actions though, and it's not all limited to football. 

Especially as the other side of the story starts to show up.

What if he sues for reinstatement? Good lord ,you’ll have to put a tent on that circus 🎪 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ararar said:

What if he sues for reinstatement? Good lord ,you’ll have to put a tent on that circus 🎪 

This circus needs a tent already!

I doubt the BOE reninstates. He hopefully can retain his certifications to teach and coach here though. 

While I love my Packers, a friend and I were talking today and we kinda chuckled over a question/exclamation: "What if he lands in our region and his new team and school opens a can of whoop ass on us for the next decade?!" 

I think our concensus was that if it does happen, it would be poetic justice. Doubt it ever could or would happen but that'd be some shit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This circus needs a tent already!

I doubt the BOE reninstates. He hopefully can retain his certifications to teach and coach here though. 

While I love my Packers, a friend and I were talking today and we kinda chuckled over a question/exclamation: "What if he lands in our region and his new team and school opens a can of whoop ass on us for the next decade?!" 

I think our concensus was that if it does happen, it would be poetic justice. Doubt it ever could or would happen but that'd be some shit.

 

Not sure if I recall correctly, but did you (or someone else) say earlier that the tax stuff would make it difficult for him to maintain the certs going forward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Woodchopper said:


 
I look forward to addressing the many false and misleading statements made about me in the very near future. In the meantime, I am assessing my options.
 

Maybe he took GSB's call after all. Sure sounds familiar. Sizzle.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Not sure if I recall correctly, but did you (or someone else) say earlier that the tax stuff would make it difficult for him to maintain the certs going forward?

I think it will. Unless he can show where he has been working on this issue actively. I'm sure with attorneys involved and stuff there is ways to maneuver through there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think it will. Unless he can show where he has been working on this issue actively. I'm sure with attorneys involved and stuff there is ways to maneuver through there. 

Agreed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zulu1128 said:

Agreed. 

People can get in binds with taxes and that doesn't necessarily mean they're being unethical... it primarily means they've got some issues with their taxes. 

It was used in this case more or less as another straw on the camel's back as far attempting to show some history of being unethical. 

I've said before that most of the stuff is he said/she said outside of the tax thing and garnishments or whatever. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For instance, we have a few coaches giving statements about the loss of control of the team and the team being dysfunctional. 

They are coaches on the team too. Do they not plan on taking any responsibility at all for the dysfunctionality and loss of control of the team at times?

Seems like salty talk from guys with either aspirations or agendas to me. If the team was dysfunctional, the entirety of the staff deserves blame in that. At least accept some responsibility in it as an active coach for the team. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those coaches get outed or named. 

Can they be trusted going forward?

The ship is sinking, let’s help it along....

I’m all over the damn place with this thing.

One thing I’m certain about is, it was handled wrong from get go. 

Regards,

BGW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Those coaches get outed or named. 

Can they be trusted going forward?

The ship is sinking, let’s help it along....

I’m all over the damn place with this thing.

One thing I’m certain about is, it was handled wrong from get go. 

Regards,

BGW

I certainly think it could have been handled much much differently. I've been watching it like a slow motion train wreck for a couple of years already.

Easy for me to second guess though. Like watching a football game and Monday morning qbing you know. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BUFORDGAWOLVES

We now have a statement from Athletic Trainer, Ryan Kebler.

In the letter dated on the first day of this month, Kebler said he saw and heard Coach Propst giving his players medicine during the past 2018 season. He said he saw Propst give the players medicine at his truck, from his pocket, and would call players to his office. Kebler said players would sometimes come up to him stating that coach said they needed some Celebrex for the swelling. He said his response was always “the doctor and I will make that decision, not coach.”

Also Assistant Head Coach Troy Hobbs made a statement in the report that Propst would call meetings and not show up. He also wrote the 2018 team was totally dysfunctional.

 
Hobbs is currently in charge of the team since Propst was fired.

Tight End Coach, Buck Hanson, said after the championship game against Milton Eagles they had to get school resource officers involved because players would not respond to coaches.

 

Earl Jefferson, Director of Football Operations, said after the 2018 championship game, players were mad after the loss and were trying to get at each other and that school resource officers were called in to maintain the order. Jeff Kent the Defensive Co-coordinator said in his statement in the Internal Investigation Report that he saw Rush Propst give out anti-inflammatory medicine in the hallway by his office and the cafe area. He also said that the pills he saw were white and yellow.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These guys saw pills handed out but said nothing until the hounds were at the door. What's the deal with that? 

One of them was supposedly close enough to see the color even. 

Didn't say a thing. 

Complicit? Or worse?

There are a lot of cameras around there.

Seems like there would be something on video somewhere. 

 

Idk. Just spitballing here. These are things being tossed around in discussions around town lately though. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

These guys saw pills handed out but said nothing until the hounds were at the door. What's the deal with that? 

One of them was supposedly close enough to see the color even. 

Didn't say a thing. 

Complicit? Or worse?

There are a lot of cameras around there.

Seems like there would be something on video somewhere. 

 

Idk. Just spitballing here. These are thing being tossed around in discussions around town lately though. 

 

 

Funny how all of a sudden everybody seen it. How is Keebler still employed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

Funny how all of a sudden everybody seen it. How is Keebler still employed? 

Idk. 

Another thing about his tale... 

If the coach saw a kid or heard a complaint about an issue from a kid and then said, "Go see Kebler, you probably need antiinflammatory or something." Then Kebler says, well, "That's mine or the doc's decision." Did Kebler check the kid out or just discount the kid with that statement? 

Seems kinda like the coach had a concern, then sent the kids to the trainer but they got ignored for whatever reason. 

Weird shit going on there. The statement is weird. It's like admitting you didn't care to check on the kid or the coach's concern for the kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why send the kid to the trainer to ask for "celebrex" if you have the shit in your pocket already anyway? xD

Hell just reach in your pocket and hand it to the kid. No sense in involving the trainer. 

Trainer's story is weird.

Lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...