Rush has spoken

Woodchopper

20 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Colquitt may be good but the shit show going on in Moultrie is a Uber turn off.... 

And outside of that... 

Why would You leave the Rich Rich area of Carrollton to go back to Moultrie... 

I was thinking maybe more pay. But after some research, he is making bank in a nice are with their own ipf bout to open. And the town folk didnt have to pay for it. Private donors. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I was thinking maybe more pay. But after some research, he is making bank in a nice are with their own ipf bout to open. And the town folk didnt have to pay for it. Private donors. 

Carrollton might not pay as much as Colquitt but Carrollton is Gorgeous area of Metro Atlanta... 

No way I'd leave to go live back in Moultrie after all that's happened... 

Hell if I could afford to live in Carrollton I'd up and leave Savannah in a heartbeat... 

That area of GA in general is more on the expensive side... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

I know a few coaches that are not state certified nor are they teachers.  They are not head coaches either though.   I know he can't teach without a state cert but why can't he coach without one???  Especially at a private school. 

Has to has teaching certificate to be a head coach.  You can be a community coach without a certificate but a community coach can't be a head coach.

GHSA Bylaws referring to coaches -

2.50 - QUALIFICATIONS TO COACH

2.51 An athletic head coach must be a professional teacher, or hold a four-year degree while also employed in a teaching or administrative position,meeting the teaching requirements and be employed by only one board of education or similar governing authority within the GHSA membership, regardless of whether or not they are paid for their coaching (Exception: when all boards of education or similar governing authorities and all principals/headmasters involved sign a consent form on an annual basis he/she may coach at another school system), AND:

(a) be employed for 20 or more hours per week on a regular basis in a professional, contracted position and must hold a teaching certificate or leadership certificate issued by the State of Georgia, OR

(b) be employed for 20 or more hours per week on a regular basis as a JROTC instructor in the school's JROTC program, OR

(c) be assigned as a student intern in a practice teaching situation under the guidance of a college or university teacher training program, OR

(d) be a retired teacher teaching or supervising (NOTE: coaching meets the supervising requirement of this by-law) less than one-half time (forty hours considered full time), OR

(e) be a certified teacher or administrator at a member school on medical leave governed by the “Family Medical Leave Act” and/or the “Georgia Teacher Maternity Leave of Absence” policy (see the GHSA web site for the required form).

(f) If a currently certified faculty-coach at a member school loses his/her teaching position because of a reduction in force action, that school may petition the Executive Director in writing for that individual to continue to coach without going through the community coach training.

(g) A teacher at a non-member school who is hired to be a coach at a member school must complete the GHSA Community Coach Education program and may not be a head coach. A consent form between the two schools must be completed annually.

(h) If a school is in a charter or strategic waiver (IE2) system, the coach (head coach or assistant) must meet the highly qualified requirements outlined in the Georgia Professional Standards Commission’s guidelines.

2.52 Member schools may employ persons who are not professionally certificated teachers as assistant coaches in their athletic programs. These individuals are referred to as“community coaches.”

(a) Community Coach is defined as a person who does not have a professional-level certification, who relates in role and function to a professional and does a portion of the professional's job or tasks under the supervision of the professional, and whose decision-making authority is limited and regulated by the professional. Community coaches are not allowed to function without the immediate supervision of an educational professional and may not assume any of the duties of a varsity Head Coach or be named by the school as a varsity Head Coach.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Carrollton might not pay as much as Colquitt but Carrollton is Gorgeous area of Metro Atlanta... 

No way I'd leave to go live back in Moultrie after all that's happened... 

Hell if I could afford to live in Carrollton I'd up and leave Savannah in a heartbeat... 

That area of GA in general is more on the expensive side... 

Carrollton is an hour outside of the metro area.  It's not that expensive, or didn't use to be.  I have ex-inlaws I used to go see there.

17 minutes ago, Fred said:

Carrollton is an hour outside of the metro area.  It's not that expensive, or didn't use to be.  I have ex-inlaws I used to go see there.

We're gonna need a clearer defined radius of Metro Atlanta... 

Last I checked: 

Atlanta Proper:

Atlanta-Fulton County(Roswell,John's Creek,Sandy Springs,Union City,Etc). 

Metro Counties: 

Cobb

Gwinnett

Cherokee

Coweta

DeKalb

Spalding 

Hall

Dawson 

Newton 

Rockdale

Paulding 

Fayette

Clayton

Upson

Douglas 

Carroll 

Bartow 

Polk 

Heard 

Meriwether

Forsyth 

Henry 

Barrow

Morgan 

Pike 

Butts

Lamar 

Gordon 

6 hours ago, Fred said:

Has to has teaching certificate to be a head coach.  You can be a community coach without a certificate but a community coach can't be a head coach.

GHSA Bylaws referring to coaches -

2.50 - QUALIFICATIONS TO COACH

2.51 An athletic head coach must be a professional teacher, or hold a four-year degree while also employed in a teaching or administrative position,meeting the teaching requirements and be employed by only one board of education or similar governing authority within the GHSA membership, regardless of whether or not they are paid for their coaching (Exception: when all boards of education or similar governing authorities and all principals/headmasters involved sign a consent form on an annual basis he/she may coach at another school system), AND:

(a) be employed for 20 or more hours per week on a regular basis in a professional, contracted position and must hold a teaching certificate or leadership certificate issued by the State of Georgia, OR

(b) be employed for 20 or more hours per week on a regular basis as a JROTC instructor in the school's JROTC program, OR

(c) be assigned as a student intern in a practice teaching situation under the guidance of a college or university teacher training program, OR

(d) be a retired teacher teaching or supervising (NOTE: coaching meets the supervising requirement of this by-law) less than one-half time (forty hours considered full time), OR

(e) be a certified teacher or administrator at a member school on medical leave governed by the “Family Medical Leave Act” and/or the “Georgia Teacher Maternity Leave of Absence” policy (see the GHSA web site for the required form).

(f) If a currently certified faculty-coach at a member school loses his/her teaching position because of a reduction in force action, that school may petition the Executive Director in writing for that individual to continue to coach without going through the community coach training.

(g) A teacher at a non-member school who is hired to be a coach at a member school must complete the GHSA Community Coach Education program and may not be a head coach. A consent form between the two schools must be completed annually.

(h) If a school is in a charter or strategic waiver (IE2) system, the coach (head coach or assistant) must meet the highly qualified requirements outlined in the Georgia Professional Standards Commission’s guidelines.

2.52 Member schools may employ persons who are not professionally certificated teachers as assistant coaches in their athletic programs. These individuals are referred to as“community coaches.”

(a) Community Coach is defined as a person who does not have a professional-level certification, who relates in role and function to a professional and does a portion of the professional's job or tasks under the supervision of the professional, and whose decision-making authority is limited and regulated by the professional. Community coaches are not allowed to function without the immediate supervision of an educational professional and may not assume any of the duties of a varsity Head Coach or be named by the school as a varsity Head Coach.

This is true. I am pretty sure there’s a small cap that a community coach can make. We have them at Marietta for my Daughters Lacrosse team. They don’t make much. 

Certainly not enough to make it worth their while. Truly a “love of the game” deed.

9 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

We're gonna need a clearer defined radius of Metro Atlanta... 

Last I checked: 

Atlanta Proper:

Atlanta-Fulton County(Roswell,John's Creek,Sandy Springs,Union City,Etc). 

Metro Counties: 

Cobb

Gwinnett

Cherokee

Coweta

DeKalb

Spalding 

Hall

Dawson 

Newton 

Rockdale

Paulding 

Fayette

Clayton

Upson

Douglas 

Carroll 

Bartow 

Polk 

Heard 

Meriwether

Forsyth 

Henry 

Barrow

Morgan 

Pike 

Butts

Lamar 

Gordon 

Dude, everything north of Macon is not metro Atlanta.  While maybe the edge of some of the county closest to Atlanta might kind of sort of maybe on a good day be considered metro, at least ten of those counties are most definitely not metro.  The metro toll free call area is the second largest in the world behind Moscow but that is an artifact of politics.  Heck, two towns in Alabama are in the metro calling area.