Don bosco prep 2019 schedule

HSFBfan

Just now, Mickeybern said:

yes but I think we can all agree that the kids we r talking about are going to be getting those scholarships anyway regardless of where they go to school..IMG is not an option for 99.5% of the kids who play high school ball. Tyler Booker has already been offered by multiple top tier D1 schools. 

Yes I agree completely. 

What img does offer that most traditional hs dont is the boarding aspect and that feeling of college from what I understand. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Yes I agree completely. 

What img does offer that most traditional hs dont is the boarding aspect and that feeling of college from what I understand. 

exactly and with a decreased emphasis on academics..it is a big decision and a lot uncertainty for what I believe can best be described as variable upside. You can overturn your kids entire life and send him there only to watch him shoved aside for someone else. I know I know iron sharpens iron, but it is a big gamble.

3 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

exactly and with a decreased emphasis on academics..it is a big decision and a lot uncertainty for what I believe can best be described as variable upside. You can overturn your kids entire life and send him there only to watch him shoved aside for someone else. I know I know iron sharpens iron, but it is a big gamble.

Everything is life is an gamble. At 17 the gamble is very limited. 

Also I'm guessing img students go to class and they go to college. 

Also over the years on this  board every time a kid transfers people bring up oh the academics of this and that but this maybe a surprise to some but not every student in college is there for class. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Everything is life is an gamble. At 17 the gamble is very limited. 

Also I'm guessing img students go to class and they go to college. 

Also over the years on this  board every time a kid transfers people bring up oh the academics of this and that but this maybe a surprise to some but not every student in college is there for class. 

fair enough...I thought we were discussing the reasons why some families choose to send their kids and some don't. It is a pretty big gamble if you ask me. It is a major life change for a 17 year old as well as his family. 

1 minute ago, Mickeybern said:

fair enough...I thought we were discussing the reasons why some families choose to send their kids and some don't. It is a pretty big gamble if you ask me. It is a major life change for a 17 year old as well as his family. 

So does going to college at 17 right? 

You can send your kid to img for multiple reasons. Better competition. Get you out of your neighborhood if it's a bad one. Helps the kid grow up and be responsible on their own

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

So does going to college at 17 right? 

absolutely and as we have seen with the dropout rate in college many aren't ready. But there is suppose to be a difference between high school and college. Maturity wise there is a huge gap between a 15 year old and someone 18 years of age. Look all I'm saying is I don't think this will be a huge epidemic, some families will choose to send their kids there but I do believe most top recruits will stay somewhere local. 

1 minute ago, Mickeybern said:

absolutely and as we have seen with the dropout rate in college many aren't ready. But there is suppose to be a difference between high school and college. Maturity wise there is a huge gap between a 15 year old and someone 18 years of age. Look all I'm saying is I don't think this will be a huge epidemic, some families will choose to send their kids there but I do believe most top recruits will stay somewhere local. 

Most top NJ kids have stayed home. 

IMG has taken what 3 NJ kids

Ruiz

Booker 

I forget the other one 

I went to college at 17 and graduated in 4 years. 

I agree that people arent ready but there are people that shouldnt be in college but we have this fascination in this country that every kid should be in college and thats the real injustice to the kid. 

38 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Most top NJ kids have stayed home. 

IMG has taken what 3 NJ kids

Ruiz

Booker 

I forget the other one 

I went to college at 17 and graduated in 4 years. 

I agree that people arent ready but there are people that shouldnt be in college but we have this fascination in this country that every kid should be in college and thats the real injustice to the kid. 

The quarterback from old bridge that plays at Rutgers (Arthur)

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

The quarterback from old bridge that plays at Rutgers (Arthur)

Artur (Polish spelling) Sitkowski... Polska gora!   He stuggled at IMG and Rutgers hard to gauge as he was a true freshman vs. the Big Ten and no easy task... but his stats were brutal.   Hopefully he improves on his skill set and gets another shot at the helm.  

• Like 1

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

Artur (Polish spelling) Sitkowski... Polska gora!   He stuggled at IMG and Rutgers hard to gauge as he was a true freshman vs. the Big Ten and no easy task... but his stats were brutal.   Hopefully he improves on his skill set and gets another shot at the helm.  

The whole team is brutal. How can he do anything well. 

Apparently spp grad Lewis is having a good spring 

On 4/3/2019 at 4:48 PM, SJR 04 said:

Joe's will be loaded this season. They will at least be as good as they were in 18. They will be big and deep at every spot. I see them losing a LB to transfer and possibly another starter, but they will not miss a beat. If anyone is overlooking them I'd advise against that. Your best shot at beating Joe's will be early on the season. 

Ahhh......I respect the hell out of SJR04 and his knowledge....but gonna pump the brakes a bit here....not sure our 2019 defense will be the same as 2018....just replacing Cross / Smith / Grieco alone....all 3 were monsters ....think the offense can actually be better potentially as he points out about Alaimo...saw in the dome when i was at lax practice,,,,noticeable how much weight he has added....looked a legit 225 -230 ...muscle...was throwing lazers....Oline will be strength again...just need Wypler to rehab his labrum surgery.....and be 100%...the junior class is a beast......looking forward to another great year in the BNU.....

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

Ahhh......I respect the hell out of SJR04 and his knowledge....but gonna pump the brakes a bit here....not sure our 2019 defense will be the same as 2018....just replacing Cross / Smith / Grieco alone....all 3 were monsters ....think the offense can actually be better potentially as he points out about Alaimo...saw in the dome when i was at lax practice,,,,noticeable how much weight he has added....looked a legit 225 -230 ...muscle...was throwing lazers....Oline will be strength again...just need Wypler to rehab his labrum surgery.....and be 100%...the junior class is a beast......looking forward to another great year in the BNU.....

Assume that I know somethings about that defense. Just give me the benefit of doubt that I might know something.

• Like 3