2019 NFL Draft - Where they went to HS

ECHS05

37 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Remember 2010 when 2A Cocoa went to then #1 in the nation 5A Abilene Texas and dropped a bomb on them. I believe the final score was 24-21 Cocoa.  

I pulled this off the Florida board, 945Gator posted it.

And at the end of the day Abilene proved to be a slightly above average team.  After all these years Cocoa gets a lot of credit for doing really nothing.  

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2019 at 3:16 PM, 954gator said:

Didn't he play in Ohio though first?   

Yes. He was a foreign exchange student at Warren Harding (Mo Clarett's alma mater).  He returned to Denmark his junior year and playe din some semi-pro league there, which I believe effected his eligibility to return to Ohio and play. He went to IMG after that.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Horsefly said:

And at the end of the day Abilene proved to be a slightly above average team.  After all these years Cocoa gets a lot of credit for doing really nothing.  

Well Abilene did beat 74th Nat Ranked Plant. Abilene who made it to the 3rd round, was nationally ranked 158, and lost to Carroll by a TD.  So, well, they did beat a Texas somebody... Tiger Pride Fly...  😎

8 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Well Abilene did beat 74th Nat Ranked Plant. Abilene who made it to the 3rd round, was nationally ranked 158, and lost to Carroll by a TD.  So, well, they did beat a Texas somebody... Tiger Pride Fly...  😎

They lost to Carroll 38-24, lost to Abilene cooper 45-28.  

2 hours ago, OdbCle said:

Yes. He was a foreign exchange student at Warren Harding (Mo Clarett's alma mater).  He returned to Denmark his junior year and playe din some semi-pro league there, which I believe effected his eligibility to return to Ohio and play. He went to IMG after that.  

I’d put him in for Ohio then haha.  I mean its where he started playin right? Thats a tough one with the semi pro league.

48 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

They lost to Carroll 38-24, lost to Abilene cooper 45-28.  

I don’t care what anyone says its impressive for a team like Cocoa to go to Tx vs a good large class team with <30 players and win.   It’d be the same visa versa!  Doesn’t mean either state is better either way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 954gator said:

ran a 4.50, but his football speed seemed so fast people were expecting 4.3s.    I think he doesn't run he gets drafted sooner.  

I think the way he shifted on a dime made him so lethal. The best RB I ever saw in HS nobody even close. 

But yeah you may have a point there.