2019 NFL Draft - Where they went to HS

ECHS05

13 hours ago, 954gator said:

He only says that bc cocoa wasn’t scared to play the Patriots back then!  

I know Cocoa isn't top 100 every year, but I also know they have had some ballers in the past.

Don't hate a team because they're not afraid to play with the big dogs, even if they lose.

How many other teams out there wanted to play BG whem BG was getting hot at BG? They kept it close till mid thrid quarter. Hell, should have even had the lead going into half, but had a clear TD call back and then BG throws the Hail Mary to go in 14-12 at half. 

People talk trash about Cocoa when they really don't deserve it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 954gator said:

I don’t care what anyone says its impressive for a team like Cocoa to go to Tx vs a good large class team with <30 players and win.   It’d be the same visa versa!  Doesn’t mean either state is better either way.

I'm not going to say anything more about Cocoa, they leave it all on the field win or lose.  Thats the men they are on Friday night. It's why so many Sr's get offers I guess.

Thanks for the support, it is appreciated 945gator.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 6:45 AM, Cat_Scratch said:

Remember 2010 when 2A Cocoa went to then #1 in the nation 5A Abilene Texas and dropped a bomb on them. I believe the final score was 24-21 Cocoa.  

I pulled this off the Florida board, 945Gator posted it.

I watched that game at Desoto.  Cocoa proved what I've diputed with my fellow Texans.  That team was no more talented than Gilmer and Carthage in 2014 and 2017.  Gilmer was the only School in America with 2 4* kids in the Army All American game and they were stacked with talent too.  What Cocoa had was an exceptional kid named Buie. He hit the corner after being shut down repeatedly and Cocoa who can't pass a lick threw a bomb as he ran by everyone.  A small team with an exceptional player beat a Texas 6A power.  My lady also thought they looked like a Beast Texas 🏈 team.  Yes impressive and they proved a Point.  Abilene didnt win State but the next week beat A FL Big School Plant with Wilder toting the Rock.  

All those A's mean nothing when you got some Joe's as well.  Cocoa became my favorite OOS team after that.  Watched them vs. skyline as well.  They reminded me of Gilmer a bunch of small tenacious Brothers with SWAG in a good way.  I watched a talented Melissa go toe to toe with a top 20 Private School as well this year.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I watched that game at Desoto.  Cocoa proved what I've diputed with my fellow Texans.  That team was no more talented than Gilmer and Carthage in 2014 and 2017.  Gilmer was the only School in America with 2 4* kids in the Army All American game and they were stacked with talent too.  What Cocoa had was an exceptional kid named Buie. He hit the corner after being shut down repeatedly and Cocoa who can't pass a lick threw a bomb as he ran by everyone.  A small team with an exceptional player beat a Texas 6A power.  My lady also thought they looked like a Beast Texas 🏈 team.  Yes impressive and they proved a Point.  Abilene didnt win State but the next week beat A FL Big School Plant with Wilder toting the Rock.  

All those A's mean nothing when you got some Joe's as well.  Cocoa became my favorite OOS team after that.  Watched them vs. skyline as well.  They reminded me of Gilmer a bunch of small tenacious Brothers with SWAG in a good way.  I watched a talented Melissa go toe to toe with a top 20 Private School as well this year.  

Buie gave them punchers chance to win this game with Abilene having multiple injuries.  They got 3 home runs in the game so to speak - Long TD's outside of those plays they didn't do much.

I give Cocoa lot of credit - They also beat another pretty good OOS team prior to this.

I also give Abilene credit for there tough schedule.  They had played and beat very impressive Franklington LA team the week before Cocoa.  In the game vs Franklington the got banged up pretty good - Franklington - won state championship.  Then after playing Cocoa they turned around and played and beat Plant Florida -  In the end they played 3 teams that played for state titles and went 2-1 in those games.

Sidenote - IMO the next year - Dallas Skyline hung it on Cocoa pretty damn good.  Cocoa had two big plays in the game and the skyline offense rolled.   

FYI - The Stud WR on that Skyline team who scored at least one really nice TD in the game on Fly Sweep "Thomas Johnson" went to Texas A&M - just got sentenced to life in prison for randomly hacking up Daniel Stevens with machete.  Daniel Stevens was simply jogging in the park that day.  The litigation on this took several years as Johnson's family argued that he was diagnosed with schizophrenia before the attack happened.

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Cocoa didn't have a lot that year, but Buie is a gifted athlete and was the win factor in a lot of games.

On 4/29/2019 at 7:45 AM, Cat_Scratch said:

Remember 2010 when 2A Cocoa went to then #1 in the nation 5A Abilene Texas and dropped a bomb on them. I believe the final score was 24-21 Cocoa.  

I pulled this off the Florida board, 945Gator posted it.

That video is classic.   Can’t believe i found it after all those years.   

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 5:19 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Here you go DD 

#KnotNation 

1F3EB266-96EA-4D2B-96B5-479C6DA87279.png

You just know that is the Toughest MOFO taken in the 7th rd.  Long live Wekiva 🤣.   The knotty Heads are well represented in this draft.  Florida per capita has more Knots than any place outside Kingston.  I watched my beloved and Sacred Wekiva vs. Apopka and I thought if they have a Polynesian bowl we should have the DreadHead HS bowl played in Jamaica called the Marley Bowl.  

After watching this I felt it was my spiritual duty to make the trek to this Holy Game each Year🤣

The last  min of this video is Golden.  Dem Knotty Boys. Didn't they leave the land of Knots and drop dem Dreads on Jawjaa last season.  Wekiva 4 EVA 🤣 Sorry Cocoa I had to drop you as one of my favorite OOS Teams.

Reggae should be played at everyone of their games

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...