Gimme your state's teams to watch (pre-transfer season edition)

Adam Kurkjian

3 hours ago, RedZone said:

I really don't care much for these "build a team" high schools from the East and their followers who believe it's an indication of the brand of football played in said state or region.

I guess Virginia is great basketball state because they have Oak Hill Academy.......and, so on.

You’re way off with SJC. Not anywhere close to an Oak Hill situation. You may be thinking about St. Frances Academy(SFA) in Baltimore. SJC had one season where they took in a bunch of transfers. If you were to call them a local all star team you might be closer to being right. 

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 12:49 PM, SJR 04 said:

Bergen Catholic - returns a lot. They will be big, well coached, and deep with a few dynamic athletes. The question for them will be whether or not rising sophomore sensation Jaeden Gould will be able to play this season after suffering an injury a football camp this spring, and if they will be able to fill the void at RB left by Nebraska commit Rahmir Johnson.

St. Peter's Prep - they also return a lot and are excited to unveil the QB of the future in 6'5, 205lb Tahj Bullock. As usual they will be one of the most athletic teams in the league featuring big, fast, dynamic kids at the skill spots. They also return rising sophomore sensation Christian Lebrun who was penciled in to start as a freshman before suffering a season ending injury during a preseason scrimmage vs Irvington. Their soft out of league schedule could work for or against them. Time will tell... 

St. Joseph Regional - returns the most productive backfield in the BNU red. They will be big upfront on both lines with some key returnees at key positions. WR and LB will be positions of concern for the green knights as they will have to fill those voids through transfer portal or the JV. St. Joe's will go as far as second year QB Michael Alaimo takes them.

Don Bosco Prep - returns two of the most electric RB's in the BNU Red, a three year starter at QB, a legend to coach the offensive line, and a host of returners at the skill spots. They will be much more experienced from a coaching standpoint, however the area of concern is the offensive line. After losing two linemen to graduation and another starting lineman that transfered to Paramus Catholic, bosco will have to fill those voids either through the transfer portal or inserting kids that played JV last season.  

DePaul - they to return a lot as they were young last year. They will have huge voids to fill at QB and WR as Taquan Roberson and Ronnie Hickman are off to Penn State and Ohio State. They seem to have found the answer at QB in 6'5, 220lb Andrew Butler, but time will tell.

Paramus Catholic - was the youngest team in the league last year as they started mostly sophomores. They only lost two starters to graduation. They have hit the transfer scene hard this off season and expect to compete for it all. Will their coaches be able to get them over the hump will be the question. 

Mater Dei and  St. Augustine - will become new names when referring to the "Sig 6" of New Jersey as they are quietly building power house programs. Last season St. Augs was St. Joe's toughest opponent in the playoffs and Mater Dei beat DePaul before losing a nail biter to Red Bank Catholic in the State chip. They have momentum in that part of the state witch is home to some of the states best talent. They are my dark horses.

@HSFBfan

15 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Thanks yeah it's the same 6 teams every year.

Heard a rumor big player at BC maybe leaving. 

It's really not the same 6 anymore. RBC deserves to be mentioned over a team or two in that break down. Mater Dei beat DePaul, RBC handled Mater Dei. DePaul whooped PC. There are a few teams in the state that can beat half of what was dubbed as the "Sig 6", however I listed them because I am most intune with them.

32 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

It's really not the same 6 anymore. RBC deserves to be mentioned over a team or two in that break down. Mater Dei beat DePaul, RBC handled Mater Dei. DePaul whooped PC. There are a few teams in the state that can beat half of what was dubbed as the "Sig 6", however I listed them because I am most intune with them.

Which is fine. It's the teams most of us follow. It was a good breakdown. 

Spp looks to have depth as a class of 2021 I believe De just got an offer from Alabama. 

Not too many if anyone is following rbc on this board. St. Aug will do fine down south than come north to get murdered 

41 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Which is fine. It's the teams most of us follow. It was a good breakdown. 

Spp looks to have depth as a class of 2021 I believe De just got an offer from Alabama. 

Not too many if anyone is following rbc on this board. St. Aug will do fine down south than come north to get murdered 

The DE is in the class of 2022. They had 3 freshmen play on the varsity last year. The DE we are talking about only played OLine last season. His name is Keith Miles. The 2021 DE on SPP that also get a Bama offer is in the class of 2021 George Rooks Jr.

• Like 1

Just now, SJR 04 said:

The DE is in the class of 2022. They had 3 freshmen play on the varsity last year. The DE we are talking about only played OLine last season. His name is Keith Miles. The 2021 DE on SPP that also get a Bama offer is in the class of 2021 George Rooks Jr.

Spp sending kids to Alabama. Might become my new fav team in NJ lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, RedZone said:

Yes...he's one of the two from out of the area...work on your reading comprehension...his family moved to D.C. last year. That makes them IMG? How many players down your way move into public school areas? I think Allen in Texas had about twenty last few years...lol.

7 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Yes...he's one of the two from out of the area...work on your reading comprehension...his family moved to D.C. last year. That makes them IMG? How many players down your way move into public school areas? I think Allen in Texas had about twenty last few years...lol.

You can spin it however you like. That's what most do on this forum.

Facts of the matter are St John's College was a real nobody until Under Armour founder and CEO Kevin Plank donated $16 million in 2015. Look at them now......money well spent evidently.  They at least have some good players these days.

I'm not even going to waste much time on it..

5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Can’t we ask the same thing question about transfers at Allen and Duncanville.. and those 2 schools are public schools how they got more transfers then a private Beats me

I'm simply asking the question, not making an indictment. 

How do you know duncanville gets more transfers than a private School?  

17 hours ago, SJR 04 said:

Yes, and DP beat SPP (besides whooping PC).  What happened there?

33 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You can spin it however you like. That's what most do on this forum.

Facts of the matter are St John's College was a real nobody until Under Armour founder and CEO Kevin Plank donated $16 million in 2015. Look at them now......money well spent evidently.  They at least have some good players these days.

I'm not even going to waste much time on it..

St John's DC last won a state football championship or whatever that is in DC in 1989.........

Fast forward to 2017. St John's DC wins state and is now magically delicious playing a national schedule in 2019 with a roster full of some of the area's best ATHS...

Really isn't much "magic" to it...........

27 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I'm simply asking the question, not making an indictment. 

How do you know duncanville gets more transfers than a private School?  

I’m just saying it shouldn’t even be close... y’all public’s take pride in home grown talent,  saying it’s not fair that transfers take the spot on roster of kid who grew up in town waiting for his turn

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

St John's DC last won a state football championship or whatever that is in DC in 1989.........

Fast forward to 2017. St John's DC wins state and is now magically delicious playing a national schedule in 2019 with a roster full of some of the area's best ATHS...

Really isn't much "magic" to it...........

Does Louisiana even play Varsity football I just thought they play track in that state

4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m just saying it shouldn’t even be close... y’all public’s take pride in home grown talent,  saying it’s not fair that transfers take the spot on roster of kid who grew up in town waiting for his turn

Homegrown talent is small, rural town stuff.  The metro areas operate differently. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1