Gimme your state's teams to watch (pre-transfer season edition)

Adam Kurkjian

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I just jumped in on page 7 and saw Cajun talking shit to some DC/MD guys. 

Dont let him get to you. He is still mad that the 92nd best team in just Florida came over and skull dented his Rummel Raiders. This was a garbage public school who hopped on a county funded cheese wagon to head to New Orleans to take on a top 10 Louisiana team. 

Escambia went and lifted up Rummel’s skirt to an almost 3 touchdown romp

Mind you, this is a team so bad that there were 91 teams in Florida alone better than them. And they did this to a top 10 state ranked Louisiana team. 

I just wanted the WCAC guys know this when they are talking to this clown 

To paraphrase Patton..."Rummel, you not magnificent bastard, I saw your film"...lol

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2019 at 8:28 PM, WCACguy said:

Maybe SJC can travel to Louisiana to play another LaSallian school (Rummel) next year. They have played in Pittsburgh (Central Catholic), California (DeLaSalle) and St. Louis (Christian Brothers) the last three years. The administration seems to like these matchups against other LaSallian schools.

..what high school did you attend?.

99.6% of the people here just wave state or league flags......what's your story?

Did you go to all the WCAC schools?

52 minutes ago, RedZone said:

..what high school did you attend?.

99.6% of the people here just wave state or league flags......what's your story?

Did you go to all the WCAC schools?

Didn't attend any of the WCAC schools but have followed them for many years in both football and basketball...I believe it is as good a HS sports league as there is in the country. I have several friends who have sons playing on some of the teams (SJC, DeM, GC and Gonz) and root for all but lately have jumped on the SJC bandwagon...lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Not surprising at all, WCACguy......what school did you attend?

St. Anselm's Abbey in DC...a tremendous academic school but not much in athletics...too small to have ever fielded a football team. Why do you ask? Thinking of writing a biography? 

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, WCACguy said:

St. Anselm's Abbey in DC...a tremendous academic school but not much in athletics...too small to have ever fielded a football team. Why do you ask? Thinking of writing a biography? 

Deep respect:  one of the absolute best schools in America.  Bravo, WCACguy.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Nope, no book coming.

BUT, I do understand you better now.

14 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Did not know much about your school till you mentioned it. Seems like a phenomenal school. Do you think they would ever support a realistic B or C type football program? They have wrestling, b-ball, lax and such. Just curious.

1 hour ago, Oldballcoach said:

Did not know much about your school till you mentioned it. Seems like a phenomenal school. Do you think they would ever support a realistic B or C type football program? They have wrestling, b-ball, lax and such. Just curious.

I am not that involved but I doubt the numbers are large enough (or the demand).

35 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I've said it before, but Armwood is a team that may win 7A north this year. Have to see about Lakeland's leadership this year with a soph QB before being confident about them.

Armwood @ North Gwinnett Aug 30th should be good.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 10:24 AM, ECHS05 said:

Marietta HAS to be one to watch.

They get the suspended players back from last year. They have an experienced group returning with a stud QB.

I get the skepticism. They shouldve been better than they were last year. But those guys are seniors, theyve all been together a while with that coach, they know the system, they are more talented than ever.

Ill say this... If they arent a Top 5 team in GA Id fire that Head Coach immediately.

Yes... They arent a perennial top team. But they have ALL the pieces to make it happen. They are by FAR, the most talented team in GA (as far as D1 prospects are concerned) this season.

Don't tell hawgonit that Marrietta will be good. I tried to bring that point up to him and he used the good ol boy shtick , telling me I'm from cali and I aught no  make a  comment on a GA team. I agree with you on this one. Marritta can't help but be relevant this season with all the returning talent

On 5/9/2019 at 9:21 PM, ECHS05 said:

Ok Ill try to put some rarely mentioned teams up... Or some long shot darkhorses... 

Johns Creek... Helmerich seems determined to turn them around... Even playing St. Johns in his 2nd year last year. They lost 49-0, but the experience was priceless. They did well the rest of the regular season until the playoffs where they lost in the 1st Round. You gotta think at some point theyll make a move under Helmerich.

Hillgrove .... They had an incredible season last year... And were vastly underrated & under appreciated. They finished 12-1, with their lone loss coming to the eventual State Champ Milton Eagles in the 7A Quarterfinals by just 1 point, 20-19. It was a great game. Will they be able to build on that success this season & win a State Title.

Bainbridge ... Bainbridge finished the regular season 5-5 last year... But would go 5-0 in the playoffs and win the 5A State Championship. And it wasnt an easy road... Beating Jones Co., Wayne Co., Stockbridge, Buford, & Warner Robins... Whod just come off a stomping of Rome the game before. Bainbridge surprised everyone, if they can take that momentum into 2019, theyll be a top team in GA and Top 100 nationally.

Marietta playa our spring game against Hillgrove Friday night. Should be fun. A lot of talent on the field and two of the top ten players in America will suit up. 

Had a helluva game going until our QB was knocked out for the season against them. That’s football. 

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:31 PM, SoCalFball said:

True forgot about Narbonne. They are gonna be loaded. It’s too bad they won’t be playing any good teams this year. 

They get to go back to HI, hopefully this time perform better against a weaker team

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:44 PM, Wosinc said:

If SJC can keep it close it could go either way, but I’m afraid that Duncanville could break away.

I don’t want to beat the “Texas speed” drum, but sometimes you have to face reality - Duncanville was scary last year, and may well be again this year.

As a national measuring stick, this is TX biggest game. DV better perform. A single possession win doesn't really do much if IMG & MD blows SJC out after.

3 minutes ago, Kalven said:

As a national measuring stick, this is TX biggest game. DV better perform. A single possession win doesn't really do much if IMG & MD blows SJC out after.

It’s just another good game to be honest.  It only serves to send a msg one way or another to those that have agendas.  And I would feel the same way if DV won big and either IMG or MD lost or won in a close one.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2019 at 8:02 AM, sausmann9 said:

Well someone has to dig us out of the dirt so I'll say St Joes Prep out of Philly

why, b/c they are loaded with talent in all positions and transfer season didn't even start yet.  they will get better.

How about the rest of the state? I know Harrisburg returns most of its OL and a few quick skill players.